So Wrong in So Many Ways

Old February 27th 20, 11:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default So Wrong in So Many Ways

https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old February 28th 20, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

I got to 60 mph today in my car. I had to add weight to my shoes to do that.. On my bike I can pedal faster I don’t run out gear till around 80mph. Lies told in lent.....

Deacon Mark
Old February 28th 20, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:15:42 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Well, at least you can see the comedy in it. I can hardly wait to see what the judge says.
Old February 28th 20, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 2/28/2020 11:03 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:15:42 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus

Well, at least you can see the comedy in it. I can hardly wait to see what the judge says.

In Wisconsin there's a Frivolous Lawsuit statute which would
put plaintiff's attorney's license at risk.

Old February 28th 20, 07:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus

Well, at least you can see the comedy in it. I can hardly
wait to see what the judge says.

In Wisconsin there's a Frivolous Lawsuit statute which would
put plaintiff's attorney's license at risk.

Correction-
A local judge, in for service with his Calfee, says a $700
lawsuit is small claims court - no attorney.

Old February 29th 20, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus

Well, at least you can see the comedy in it. I can hardly
wait to see what the judge says.

In Wisconsin there's a Frivolous Lawsuit statute which would
put plaintiff's attorney's license at risk.

Correction-
A local judge, in for service with his Calfee, says a $700
lawsuit is small claims court - no attorney.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

While I was talking to a mechanic in the Trek shop who was digging around to find some parts I needed I started talking about how great the latest racing Waterfords were and he told me that company was owned by a man named Schwinn of the same family.
Old February 29th 20, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus

Well, at least you can see the comedy in it. I can hardly
wait to see what the judge says.

In Wisconsin there's a Frivolous Lawsuit statute which would
put plaintiff's attorney's license at risk.

Correction-
A local judge, in for service with his Calfee, says a $700
lawsuit is small claims court - no attorney.

While I was talking to a mechanic in the Trek shop who was digging around to find some parts I needed I started talking about how great the latest racing Waterfords were and he told me that company was owned by a man named Schwinn of the same family.

Yes, Waterford Precision Cycles was started by and is run
day to day by Richard Schwinn who is also a principal.

Old February 29th 20, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Stone's Cyclery here sells Waterfords, Salsa and Gunnar. The Waterfords are available in many different designs and builds. If you want a Waterford touring bike they make it. If you want a sport bike they make it. And if you want a full on racing bike the one I looked at weighed maybe 19 lbs with XTR Di2 on it.
Old February 29th 20, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 1:50:53 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 2/28/2020 1:09 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 2/28/2020 11:03 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 2:15:42 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/roches...00-in-damages/

I kept checking to make sure this wasn't the Onion. oy!

p.s. Nicely kept vintage Lotus

Well, at least you can see the comedy in it. I can hardly wait to see
what the judge says.

In Wisconsin there's a Frivolous Lawsuit statute which would put
plaintiff's attorney's license at risk.

Good idea!

There's basically a frivolous lawsuit statute or rule in every state -- or at least those states that have adopted the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_11 Ohio has a FRCP 11 equivalent and probably other statutes and case law prohibiting frivolous lawsuits or allowing fees, etc. Javonte Cook probably filed some green crayon small claims suit without a lawyer as a preemptive move. I can hear it now, "Javonte, you gotta sue him first! Yah, that's what I'm gonna do -- he was going like 60 miles an hour. No, 80!" The likelihood he has insurance is low, or he's worried about losing his insurance for work. Something is going on.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old March 1st 20, 05:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

Waterford are full custom - tubing gauge, construction
(lug/TIG), geometry, brazed bits, color and so on plus
optional stainless lugs, choice of graphics and all that.
Suggestions shown are not limiting - each one is an unique
drawing to customer spec.

Their Gunnar line is the same materials, same people, same
paint shop with 15 or so standard models in fine increments
from 48 to 68cm, choice of nine colors which change monthly.
Wide but finite selection at a much lower price.