FA: Alhonga deep drop brake

Old February 5th 04, 05:02 PM
Pete Biggs

Default FA: Alhonga deep drop brake

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3659320191

~PB

Old February 5th 04, 09:39 PM
MSeries

Default Alhonga deep drop brake

Pete Biggs wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3659320191

~PB

Thats EXACTLY what I need, too good to be true.

Old February 6th 04, 01:37 AM
Pete Biggs

MSeries wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3659320191

Thats EXACTLY what I need, too good to be true.

Excellent. It's 4 real alright. I hope your bid will be nice and big ;-)

~PB

Old February 6th 04, 10:54 AM
Arthur Clune

:
: Thats EXACTLY what I need, too good to be true.

: Excellent. It's 4 real alright. I hope your bid will be nice and big ;-)

I think I just don't get the whole Ebay thing. We have here a willing
buyer and a seller. Just agree 10 quid and put it in the post? Isn't
that easier?

I dunno. Must be just me.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old February 6th 04, 04:21 PM
Pete Biggs

Arthur Clune wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3659320191

Thats EXACTLY what I need, too good to be true.

Excellent. It's 4 real alright. I hope your bid will be nice and
big ;-)

I think I just don't get the whole Ebay thing. We have here a willing
buyer and a seller.

But not a price.

Just agree 10 quid and put it in the post? Isn't
that easier?

Nope. Maybe 10 quid is too much or I might get lots more than 10 quid and
buying through eBay is very easy for the buyer (and seller once the
listing is up). It also gives all those interested more of a chance
instead of having to be lucky enough to be the first one to see a posting
and it cuts out the "have you still got it?" enquiry.

I like using eBay to sell items that I don't know the value of* plus it
reaches an extra audience. There lots of eBay fans who look through the
stuff there every day/week and don't read the cycling newsgroups/forums.

* I've got no idea of what people are prepared to pay for this unusual
front brake that is normally only bought as part of a pair.

I dunno. Must be just me.

Hope you are clearer now.

~PB

Old February 6th 04, 04:50 PM
MSeries

Pete Biggs wrote:
Arthur Clune wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3659320191

Thats EXACTLY what I need, too good to be true.

Excellent. It's 4 real alright. I hope your bid will be nice and
big ;-)

I think I just don't get the whole Ebay thing. We have here a willing
buyer and a seller.

But not a price.

Just agree 10 quid and put it in the post? Isn't
that easier?

Nope. Maybe 10 quid is too much or I might get lots more than 10
quid and buying through eBay is very easy for the buyer (and seller
once the listing is up). It also gives all those interested more of
a chance instead of having to be lucky enough to be the first one to
see a posting and it cuts out the "have you still got it?" enquiry.

I am happy to see what happens with the auction. I watch many items, bid on
many with ridiculously low bids in search of a bargain, sometimes win but
more often don't.

I like using eBay to sell items that I don't know the value of* plus
it reaches an extra audience. There lots of eBay fans who look
through the stuff there every day/week and don't read the cycling
newsgroups/forums.

* I've got no idea of what people are prepared to pay for this unusual
front brake that is normally only bought as part of a pair.

They are £21 for a pair at Spa Cycles, much more at SJS who incidently had a
pair on eBay a week or two ago which finished at about £20 IIRC.

I dunno. Must be just me.

Hope you are clearer now.

~PB

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.
http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Old February 6th 04, 06:31 PM
Pete Biggs

MSeries wrote:

* I've got no idea of what people are prepared to pay for this
unusual front brake that is normally only bought as part of a pair.

They are £21 for a pair at Spa Cycles, much more at SJS who
incidently had a pair on eBay a week or two ago which finished at
about £20 IIRC.

And guess who won those! :-)

So I know what a pair is worth, but not a single front brake.

cheers
~PB

Old February 6th 04, 07:36 PM
MSeries

Pete Biggs wrote:
MSeries wrote:

* I've got no idea of what people are prepared to pay for this
unusual front brake that is normally only bought as part of a pair.

They are £21 for a pair at Spa Cycles, much more at SJS who
incidently had a pair on eBay a week or two ago which finished at
about £20 IIRC.

And guess who won those! :-)

So I know what a pair is worth, but not a single front brake.

cheers
~PB

Aha, so you needed the rear only and I need the front ! I see how you've
clipped the picture now. You have 3 days 21 hours to wait to see what a
single is worth !

Old February 6th 04, 08:54 PM
Pete Biggs

MSeries wrote:

They are £21 for a pair at Spa Cycles, much more at SJS who
incidently had a pair on eBay a week or two ago which finished at
about £20 IIRC.

And guess who won those! :-)

So I know what a pair is worth, but not a single front brake.

Aha, so you needed the rear only and I need the front ! I see how
you've clipped the picture now. You have 3 days 21 hours to wait to
see what a single is worth !

Indeed. Are you sure the brake won't have toooo much drop for you? I
only strictly needed the rear but casually tried the rear on the front
first to see if one could be used there as well. Couldn't get the pads
high enough - with 700c wheel in Raleigh Royal forks designed for 27". I
presume the front drop is same as rear.
I quoted SJS's figures on my listing without measuring to check.

~PB