36 for a short guy

Old July 25th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

Default 36 for a short guy

I was wondering if any one 5' 2" or under has a 36 and what they did to
make it fit

please tell me brand of 36 too

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Plenty of less tall people ride Cokers, even in standard trim. I'm 5'7"
and rode mine comfortably on 150mm cranks with a standard frame and
seat/seat post. (Longer cranks mean you need the seat lower, and
longer legs.)

Cathwood who posts in this forum describes herself in such a way that
she seems unlikely to bang her head on a chandelier, and she has a 36".
A search may produce pictures of it. If I recall correctly, it has
telescopic fork legs. (Or she has telescopic legs. I can never
remember these details. )

--
Mikefule

I once had a bad experience with a bigot. Now I hate them all - even
the ones I haven't met.
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scotthue

hmmm... well thanks

--
scotthue
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

here is a frame designed with short people in mind, only in udc uk
though.
http://tinyurl.com/ruzd

--
kerosian

Farmdale Freeride race Sept. 29th&30th
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

Mikefule wrote:
Plenty of less tall people ride Cokers, even in standard trim. I'm 5'7"
and rode mine comfortably on 150mm cranks with a standard frame and
seat/seat post. (Longer cranks mean you need the seat lower, and
longer legs.)

Cathwood who posts in this forum describes herself in such a way that
she seems unlikely to bang her head on a chandelier, and she has a 36".
A search may produce pictures of it. If I recall correctly, it has
telescopic fork legs. (Or she has telescopic legs. I can never
remember these details. )

Her original telescopic coker frame is now residing with annats, she
has a chopped down nimbus 36 frame currently.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

just cut the seatpost and get shorter cranks........DUH..

--
hobo_chuck

'' (http://www.lost.eu/53187)its not easy being
gold!'' (http://www.lost.eu/53187)
'a hobo named chuck eats a sandwich!-youtube'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO5XlmxIcAo)
'blue man group-global warming'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snPdEl0Duoo)

Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 25th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kerosian

not really that simple for shorter folks hobo chuck. You also have to
cut the frame neck to make it really short.

Old July 25th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

kington99 wrote:
Her original telescopic coker frame is now residing with annats, she has
a chopped down nimbus 36 frame currently.

Wow. All these rumours about me Actually, you're right.

Had to sell the telescopic coker as I was too tall to ride it with
125mm cranks

I have a Nimbus 36. Yes, Roger had to do some fiddling about with it so
that it would fit me *but only* because I have a T7 handle. Without the
T7 handle (at 5'2) I would have been tall enough to ride the Nimbus
with 125mm cranks without any reajusting. Probably would have been too
short with 150mm cranks.

So I would say that at 5 foot 2 you could ride any 36er with 125mm
cranks. You might have to have it slightly cut down if you want to ride
on 150mm cranks. But you might not, because it all depends on how long
your legs are in respect to the rest of your body. I have very short
legs. So, for you, any 36er may be fine.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com

short uni vid Bryan Stevens Unicycling 15 September 18th 06 01:30 AM
short uni vid Spencer Hochberg Unicycling 1 September 17th 06 01:56 AM
Short ?? Mike Jenkins General 1 March 28th 05 07:08 PM
RR: short & wet gabrielle Mountain Biking 1 October 9th 04 11:28 PM
3" Too Short Just zis Guy, you know? UK 31 May 7th 04 12:14 PM