Endura Hummvee Short Recommendations

Old August 29th 07, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
seani

Default Endura Hummvee Short Recommendations

Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

They look perfect for my requirements, but I can't decide which size.
There's usually a fair bit of variation depending on the cut. In
trousers, I'm a 36" waist, 6'4" and 15 stone and a few pounds
depending.

Any personal experience gratefully received, and if anyone knows a
supplier around Derby/Nottingham/Matlock/Chesterfield, even better

Old August 29th 07, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark McNeill

Response to seani:
Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

They look perfect for my requirements, but I can't decide which size.
There's usually a fair bit of variation depending on the cut. In
trousers, I'm a 36" waist, 6'4" and 15 stone and a few pounds
depending.

I have a pair of the Humvee shorts, and think they're great. Never
tried the 3/4s, though I've been tempted.

I'm a 6'4" 38" fat*******, and the XXL fits fine; if anything they're
*slightly* large, which is the right side to be. The elasticatory stuff
is pretty forgiving in any case.

Any personal experience gratefully received, and if anyone knows a
supplier around Derby/Nottingham/Matlock/Chesterfield, even better

As it happens I live within moderately easy reach of all of those
places, and can't think offhand of a local supplier; I got mine from
Wiggle.

A bit of a long way to go for a pair of trousers ;-) but if you fancy a
nice day out in West Yorkshire, you could go to All Terrain Cycles at
Saltaire - I was looking at Humvee 3/4s in their shop just a couple of
days ago!

--
Mark, UK
"On the issue of evolution, the verdict is still out on how God created
Old August 29th 07, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
seani

Mark McNeill wrote:
[...]

Ah, sounds like XL may be the way to go then, thanks. Saltaire is
about 90 mins from where I live, but I don't mind a drive out. Thanks.

Old August 29th 07, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

seani said the following on 29/08/2007 09:40:
Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

They look perfect for my requirements, but I can't decide which size.
There's usually a fair bit of variation depending on the cut. In
trousers, I'm a 36" waist, 6'4" and 15 stone and a few pounds
depending.

Any personal experience gratefully received, and if anyone knows a
supplier around Derby/Nottingham/Matlock/Chesterfield, even better

I'm 36" waist, and I'm very sure I have the XL size which fits fine.
They have a bit of give in them anyway.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 29th 07, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marz

On Aug 29, 3:40 am, seani wrote:
Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

They look perfect for my requirements, but I can't decide which size.
There's usually a fair bit of variation depending on the cut. In
trousers, I'm a 36" waist, 6'4" and 15 stone and a few pounds
depending.

Any personal experience gratefully received, and if anyone knows a
supplier around Derby/Nottingham/Matlock/Chesterfield, even better

I've the same waist as you and the XL's fit fine. The wee belt they
come with isn't much good and I switched it out for one I already had.
I got mine from chainreactioncycles for 40 quid about 6 months back
and they're still good.

Old August 29th 07, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
squeaker

On Aug 29, 9:40 am, seani wrote:
Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

Had a pair for over a year now. Leg length seems a bit short (but I
have relatively long legs) and I gave up using the velcro to stop them
riding up over my knees (recumbent riding) and rigged up an adjustable
elasticated hem, which works fine. Generally very pleased with them,
though.

Old August 30th 07, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote:

seani said the following on 29/08/2007 09:40:
Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

They look perfect for my requirements, but I can't decide which size.
There's usually a fair bit of variation depending on the cut. In
trousers, I'm a 36" waist, 6'4" and 15 stone and a few pounds
depending.

Any personal experience gratefully received, and if anyone knows a
supplier around Derby/Nottingham/Matlock/Chesterfield, even better

I'm 36" waist, and I'm very sure I have the XL size which fits fine.
They have a bit of give in them anyway.

any one else have problems with the inners being too tight? not the
waist but around the thigh? endura XL shorts with removable inners again
XL. bar that they are very very good.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old August 30th 07, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Roger Merriman said the following on 30/08/2007 15:21:

any one else have problems with the inners being too tight? not the
waist but around the thigh? endura XL shorts with removable inners again
XL. bar that they are very very good.

Not really. The removable liner is a bit chunky - like having a loaf of
bread between your legs, but I didn't think it felt too tight. I tend
to just use normal short liners anyway.

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 30th 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Paul Boyd usenet.is.worse@plusnet wrote:

Roger Merriman said the following on 30/08/2007 15:21:

any one else have problems with the inners being too tight? not the
waist but around the thigh? endura XL shorts with removable inners again
XL. bar that they are very very good.

Not really. The removable liner is a bit chunky - like having a loaf of
bread between your legs, but I didn't think it felt too tight. I tend
to just use normal short liners anyway.

not the padding which is a bit chunky though seems to do the job well
but the elastic on the legs which isn't loose enought.

roger
--
www.rogermerriman.com
Old August 30th 07, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TerryJ

On 29 Aug, 09:40, seani wrote:
Has anyone tried these:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/en...umvee_3_4.html

They look perfect for my requirements, but I can't decide which size.
There's usually a fair bit of variation depending on the cut. In
trousers, I'm a 36" waist, 6'4" and 15 stone and a few pounds
depending.

Any personal experience gratefully received, and if anyone knows a
supplier around Derby/Nottingham/Matlock/Chesterfield, even better

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/cat1005/id22946.html

Phone to check availability then go and try them on at chesterfield

TerryJ

Look keo's, SPD's, Altura and Endura... Tim Dunne UK 8 May 30th 06 08:45 AM
Recommendations for mountain bike for short guy. BarryNL Mountain Biking 25 April 29th 05 10:55 AM
Quick Plug for Endura MSA UK 8 March 14th 05 06:33 AM
Endura Bib tight question... Me UK 9 November 6th 03 12:03 PM
Endura Thermastat winter bib longs triandrun UK 7 October 20th 03 06:19 PM