My Arm --- a flash in the pan

Old December 4th 08, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

Default My Arm --- a flash in the pan

After phone calls to me telling my some incredibly good news I received an
email yesterday. I post part of it below

Dear Mr Panther,
The biopsy taken from your arm does not show any evidence of cancerous change
in the lesion in your arm. In view of the fact that it was an incidental
finding, we feel we should just keep a close eye on you clinically to make
sure the lesion has not progressed. We would like to see you in 3 months,
with an x-ray when you come, or earlier if the lesion does become symptomatic.

No one can believe what a roller coaster ride it has been for the last two
months. At every stage there has been a basic theme running through the
episode.

"We are not sure what it is but it is big ( relatively speaking) , and
shouldn't be there!"

And as I went down the road of investigation I got more and more expert
opinions about it. The most direct position was put to me by my surgeon
Tuesday a week ago just before I had the biopsy done.

He said, at that time, it was probably a particular type of rare cancer which
did not respond to radio or chemotherapy and it would result in surgical
removal. Even if it was benign I would probably have it removed.

I then had to wait a week to hear my fate.

To cut a very long story very short there is no cancer and they are not going
to operate.

I can pick up the pieces and be an ordinary old f*rt again.

My mind was in a total whirl yesterday. I was talking to my son and tried to
explain a peculiar reaction that I experienced on hearing the good news.

It was a feeling of being let down --sort of --

"you can't tell me I am not ill after all this time and all the procedures I
have been through"

It buzzed around my mind all day yesterday. Very odd indeed. I suppose it was
a result of having accepted mentally that I was entering a seriously difficult
situation. Most of the time I was very stable and accepted each step down the
road I was apparently following.

So anyway I have resurrected my plans for my Berlin tour next year and I am
now positively looking for a replacement tent since my existing one has passed
its sell by date long ago.

I confess to having too many very large pink gins last night and am rightly
suffering today!

Right back to my normal life then! By the way my arm still aches most of the
time! But I always said it was a result of that cycling injury in November
2006 and the experts always said it wasn't!

Merry St Nicholas' day for 6 December!

Another interesting episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old December 4th 08, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brendan Halpin

On Thu, Dec 04 2008, Trevor A Panther wrote:

Dear Mr Panther,
The biopsy taken from your arm does not show any evidence of
cancerous change in the lesion in your arm.

Excellent news!

I confess to having too many very large pink gins last night and am
rightly suffering today!

I had thought the problem was probably a lack of exercise, glad to see
you're back to raising the right arm!

Brendan

--
Brendan Halpin, Department of Sociology, University of Limerick, Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-338562; Room F2-025 x 3147
Old December 4th 08, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Trevor A Panther wrote:

snip

Excellent news Trevor, thanks for keeping us posted.

So anyway I have resurrected my plans for my Berlin tour next year and I
am now positively looking for a replacement tent since my existing one
has passed its sell by date long ago.

Being a Tent Saddo who spends too much time looking at the camping
equivalent of "kitch3n pr0n" I can probably suggest something. Any
particular "it must have X" points you have in mind?

I confess to having too many very large pink gins last night and am
rightly suffering today!

Merry St Nicholas' day for 6 December!

Sinterklaas! Sounds like a good excuse for a pink gin... ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old December 4th 08, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
calum

On Dec 4, 11:25*am, "Trevor A Panther"
wrote:

To cut a very long story very short there is no cancer and they are not going
to operate.

I can pick up the pieces and be an ordinary old f*rt again.

Great news, Trevor.
Keep riding and keep posting, I always enjoy your posts.

Calum
Old December 4th 08, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message
. ..
After phone calls to me telling my some incredibly good news I received an
email yesterday. I post part of it below

Dear Mr Panther,
The biopsy taken from your arm does not show any evidence of cancerous
change in the lesion in your arm.

HeHe,
That feeling must be better than winning the Lotto, eh? ;-)

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old December 4th 08, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:25:13 GMT, Trevor A Panther wrote:

To cut a very long story very short there is no cancer and they are not going
to operate.

I can pick up the pieces and be an ordinary old f*rt again.

My mind was in a total whirl yesterday. I was talking to my son and tried to
explain a peculiar reaction that I experienced on hearing the good news.

Not this?

"The most exhilarating feeling in life is to be shot at and missed."

Regardless, best regards.
Old December 4th 08, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

wrote:

The biopsy taken from your arm does not show any evidence of cancerous change
in the lesion in your arm.

Great news, really pleased for you.

My mind was in a total whirl yesterday. I was talking to my son and tried to
explain a peculiar reaction that I experienced on hearing the good news.

It was a feeling of being let down --sort of --

"you can't tell me I am not ill after all this time and all the procedures I
have been through"

I can empathise with that. It's almost annoying, but only almost.

Old December 4th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
Trevor A Panther wrote:

snip

Excellent news Trevor, thanks for keeping us posted.

So anyway I have resurrected my plans for my Berlin tour next year and I
am now positively looking for a replacement tent since my existing one
has passed its sell by date long ago.

Being a Tent Saddo who spends too much time looking at the camping
equivalent of "kitch3n pr0n" I can probably suggest something. Any
particular "it must have X" points you have in mind?

I confess to having too many very large pink gins last night and am
rightly suffering today!

Merry St Nicholas' day for 6 December!

Sinterklaas! Sounds like a good excuse for a pink gin... ;-)

Jenever surely. Oh and pepernoten. :-)

While watching this video :-)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=L5nBdXq-zPg

Old December 4th 08, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx mobile

Trevor A Panther wrote:

The biopsy taken from your arm does not show any evidence of
cancerous change in the lesion in your arm.

Nice one, TAP ...

So anyway I have resurrected my plans for my Berlin tour next year

Cool.

Right back to my normal life then!

Good man. Not nice cycling through Donny this am ... too much slush,
not enough snow ...

--
Paul - xxx ... somewhere else.

'96/'97 Landrover Discovery 300 Tdi 'Big and Butch'
Dyna Tech Cro-Mo comp "When I feel fit enough'
Old December 4th 08, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Paul - xxx mobile" wrote in Not nice cycling
through Donny this am ... too much slush,
not enough snow ...

Somebody on a bike drew alongside me at 6am yesterday and said how terrible
the weather was. I pointed to a nearby building and said it was far worse in
there. It was the local infirmary. :-)

more flash Zebee Johnstone Australia 1 October 31st 06 11:04 PM
UCI News Flash Joe King Racing 2 July 10th 06 01:08 AM
News Flash: GTs FO ProTour Ken Prager Racing 0 December 9th 05 08:45 PM
FS: DMT Flash Carbon 43.5 Shoes xavier Marketplace 0 September 27th 05 07:25 PM
Jumpin' Sam Flash PopeSamXVI Unicycling 7 June 7th 04 05:06 AM