Poor Brent Kay was delusional and duped by Floyd

Old May 22nd 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DA74

Default Poor Brent Kay was delusional and duped by Floyd

Did you guys even read that craziness in the emails Radio Shack
released? The poor guy was trying to negotiate with Lance to get Radio
Shack to hire Floyd after the Tour de France this year so Floyd could
go win the Vuelta in September. Seriously.

The best part is that he wrote that an appropriate salary for Floyd
would be an average of Cavendish's and Contador's and Wiggin's current
salaries. According to him Floyd "should be compensated as a Tour de
France champion." He also said that "several riders of much lower
status make a million or so a year."

He referenced Floyd's second place at Battenkill as evidence. The race
a few weeks ago where Floyd was racing against a bunch of third rate
domestic pros and got dropped by a U23 Holowesko rider like a bad
habit near the finale.

Brent also mentioned that maybe everyone could just be nice to Floyd
and he might just lose those extra 10 pounds that will help him win
the Vuelta.

Unbelievable.

With all that said Floyd was ****ing lucky to have a good friend like
him. Brent Kay went out on several limbs to hook him up and pleaded
with him not to go public with the allegations for the sake of him his
wife and Amber. The guy went to bat for him and Floyd just couldn't
help himself.

What a shame.
-DA74

Old May 22nd 10, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kyle Legate[_4_]

On Sat, 22 May 2010 06:20:33 +0000, Kyle Legate wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2010 21:15:44 -0700, DA74 wrote:

Did you guys even read that craziness in the emails Radio Shack
released? The poor guy was trying to negotiate with Lance to get Radio
Shack to hire Floyd after the Tour de France this year so Floyd could
go win the Vuelta in September. Seriously.

Link?

Nevermind. Found them in another thread.
Old May 22nd 10, 07:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On May 22, 12:15*am, DA74 wrote:
[...]

I caught some of that while skimming through the mess that was posted.
I wonder how Bahati regards his rider now seeing as how he was
willing to dump him in a heartbeat for a ( undeserved ) spot on RS.

I wonder what dirt Amber has on Floyd and perhaps his mental state ?

The only thing that is bothering me right now is the report that 2
persons are considering an offer of leniency in exchange for testimony
for the feds ( I am assuming these 2 are neither FL or TH ).

I personally think FL decided to publically commit hari-kari with an
entirely made up story implicating himself ( to give it credence)
along with others in a ploy to shake loose any rotten apples from the
tree; I don't see why anyone would bring into the "inner-circle" a
newcomer like FL states LA did when he joined Postal- I don't see why
LA would be so open and cavalier about such a damning secret.
Old May 22nd 10, 07:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

from the AP story "Armstrong fires back again at Landis"
By TIM REYNOLDS (AP)
@
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...qYGBQD9FRJNT80

(sorry, I don't know the correct protocol when quoting newstories)

(edit)

"Messick said the back-and-forth with Landis begin on April 3, when
Landis called and asked to have lunch. When the two met in Los
Angeles, Landis shared the allegations he has since made public.
Messick said he asked Landis if he really expected anyone to believe
him.

After that meeting, Landis continued to e-mail him.

"Instead of them being on clearing his conscience, they were much more
focused on the injustice of him or his team not being able to be part
of the race," Messick said. "My observation was that I had a lunch
with him in which he seemed lucid. Then I get wacky e-mails at night.

"I'm accustomed to teams saying we deserve to be part of this race.
But this was a first, we never had someone try to do what he did. ...
He recorded our first lunch. There was never a moment I didn't suspect
he was going to leak all this stuff."

Kay also appealed to Messick about adding Landis' team to this year's
Tour of California. And he reached out to Armstrong several times,
asking him to take bike rides together and even offering the use of
his homes around the Temecula, Calif., area."
Old May 22nd 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On May 22, 2:37*am, raamman wrote:

I don't see why anyone would bring into the "inner-circle" a
newcomer like FL states LA did when he joined Postal- I don't see why
LA would be so open and cavalier about such a damning secret.

dumbass,

because among riders it's not a secret.

Old May 23rd 10, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ben Trovato

On May 21, 11:58*pm, raamman wrote:
from the AP story "Armstrong fires back again at Landis"

[Messick said]
"I'm accustomed to teams saying we deserve to be part of this race.
But this was a first, we never had someone try to do what he did. ...
He recorded our first lunch. There was never a moment I didn't suspect
he was going to leak all this stuff."

Messick's emails all seem written in the expectation that they would
become public. I'll bet all the responses were worked out a few weeks
ago.
Old May 23rd 10, 08:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
raamman

On May 22, 8:07*pm, Ben Trovato wrote:
On May 21, 11:58*pm, raamman wrote:

from the AP story "Armstrong fires back again at Landis"

[Messick said]
"I'm accustomed to teams saying we deserve to be part of this race.
But this was a first, we never had someone try to do what he did. ...
He recorded our first lunch. There was never a moment I didn't suspect
he was going to leak all this stuff."

Messick's emails all seem written in the expectation that they would
become public. *I'll bet all the responses were worked out a few weeks
ago.

Floyd has indicated that he got an epithany this past December- what
belies the criminal mastermind adjective is the ****storm approach
with possible legal consequences against himself.
Old May 23rd 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 22, 12:07*pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On May 22, 2:37*am, raamman wrote:

I don't see why anyone would bring into the "inner-circle" a
newcomer like FL states LA did when he joined Postal- I don't see why
LA would be so open and cavalier about such a damning secret.

dumbass,

because among riders it's not a secret.

Neither is your parents ****ing, but they still do it behind closed
doors.

Old May 23rd 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On May 22, 12:15*am, DA74 wrote:
Did you guys even read that craziness in the emails Radio Shack
released? The poor guy was trying to negotiate with Lance to get Radio
Shack to hire Floyd after the Tour de France this year so Floyd could
go win the Vuelta in September. Seriously.

The best part is that he wrote that an appropriate salary for Floyd
would be an average of Cavendish's and Contador's and Wiggin's current
salaries. According to him Floyd "should be compensated as a Tour de
France champion." He also said that "several riders of much lower
status make a million or so a year."

HA HA HA.

this is what kool aid drinking will do to you. people waste too much
mental and physical energy (not to mention money) on this dumbass
sport.

Floyd isn't 100% delusional [email protected] Racing 0 May 21st 10 04:52 PM
Duped Again!!!! HC Racing 7 April 4th 08 03:39 AM
Asshole duped Bill C Racing 18 August 22nd 06 09:26 AM
What really broke poor Floyd [email protected] Racing 10 July 21st 06 01:05 PM
Poor Floyd Scott Racing 26 July 1st 06 11:16 PM