What handlebar is pictured? How iz da ergonomiks?

Old May 18th 11, 03:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Anton Success

Default What handlebar is pictured? How iz da ergonomiks?

nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...grid-fireline/
Old May 19th 11, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 5/18/2011 9:19 AM, Anton Success wrote:
nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...grid-fireline/

Remember when bicycles looked like bicycles?
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_12991.jpg

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old May 19th 11, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 5/18/2011 9:19 AM, Anton Success wrote:
nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...grid-fireline/

Remember when bicycles looked like bicycles?
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_12991.jpg

Dearest recumbent rider,
pot, kettle, black.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old May 19th 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...x-29-carbon-an....

Remember when bicycles looked like bicycles?
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_12991.jpg

Dearest recumbent rider,
pot, kettle, black.

No sh**, e.g. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/44...n/photostream/
Hey, here in Portland, were totally in to it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/

-- or someone is in to it. Not me.
Old May 19th 11, 02:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 5/18/2011 6:41 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:
On 5/18/2011 9:19 AM, Anton Success wrote:
nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...grid-fireline/

Remember when bicycles looked like bicycles?
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_12991.jpg

Dearest recumbent rider,
pot, kettle, black.

Andy Muzi implicitly admits recumbents are bicycles!

Old May 19th 11, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 5/18/2011 7:47 PM, Jay Beattie wrote:
On May 18, 4:41 pm, wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

On 5/18/2011 9:19 AM, Anton Success wrote:
nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...x-29-carbon-an...

Remember when bicycles looked like bicycles?
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_12991.jpg

Dearest recumbent rider,
pot, kettle, black.

No sh**, e.g. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/44...n/photostream/
Hey, here in Portland, were totally in to it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/

Hey, I know the owner of this Flickr page!

-- or someone is in to it. Not me.

Those are velomobiles, which are a form of trike, not a bicycle.

The bad thing about velomobiles is that I do not have one... yet.

Old May 19th 11, 07:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kerry Montgomery

Jay Beattie wrote:
On May 18, 4:41 pm, AMuzi wrote:
Tºm Shermªn™ °_° wrote:

On 5/18/2011 9:19 AM, Anton Success wrote:
nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...x-29-carbon-an...

Remember when bicycles looked like bicycles?
http://seaotter.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/IMG_12991.jpg

Dearest recumbent rider,
pot, kettle, black.

No sh**, e.g.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/44...n/photostream/ Hey,
here in Portland, were totally in to it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/

-- or someone is in to it. Not me.

Jay,
Does that mean that you won't be attending the recumbent races at PIR the
weekend of May 28?
Kerry

Old May 19th 11, 09:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 5/19/2011 1:07 AM, Kerry Montgomery wrote:
Jay Beattie wrote:
On May 18, 4:41 pm, wrote:
T�m Sherm�n� �_� wrote:

[...]

They would let Jay ride his horsey position bike if he asked nicely.

Old May 19th 11, 09:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Tőm Shermân wrote:

Anton Success wrote:

nevermind the video picturing the flatbar
The curved up handles seem to be the opposite of what I'd consider
usable. Any thoughts?

http://seaotter.mtbr.com/2011/04/26/...grid-fireline/

Trials bikes often have handlebars oriented that way-- because the
riders hold them from a standing position, and use bars much wider
than their shoulders, it isn't as dysfunctional as it looks.

However, on the bike in question it seems pretty dysfunctional. I
suspect it's pretty much the same as a BMX saddle tilted radically
nose-up, or an urban fixie saddle tilted radically nose-down. Fashion
at the expense of function. Same as the geometrically compromised
curvy plastic frame.

Someone can't decide whether to go for high performance, or a visual
suggestion of high performance that speaks to the technically
ignorant.

Chalo
Old May 19th 11, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

Jay Beattie wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/44...hotostream/Hey,
here in Portland, were totally in to it!
*http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ohpv/35...n/photostream/

-- or someone is in to it. *Not me.

Jay,
Does that mean that you won't be attending the recumbent races at PIR the
weekend of May 28?
Kerry

They would let Jay ride his horsey position bike if he asked nicely.

PIR is dead flat and a bore -- I've raced there about a zillion times
over the years (weekly races during the season -- ride to work, go do
an after-work 40-50 mile circuit race, ride home -- I could do 70+
miles on a work day) Anyway, I'd get killed by those things on a flat
course. I would prefer to race them on the Mt. Tabor course or
through the West Hills. I would even wait at the top. -- Jay Beattie.

Handlebar Help Duram Recumbent Biking 1 February 6th 08 06:42 PM
Handlebar bag frame yk Techniques 3 September 5th 07 03:59 PM
GPS handlebar mounts Jules Australia 6 August 12th 07 02:59 PM
Cycling neurosurgeon pictured on BBC1 Anthony Campbell UK 12 April 29th 05 11:18 PM
handlebar- and bum bag Karen Lipkow UK 5 April 12th 04 08:04 AM