A Merry Christmas to...

Old December 20th 03, 12:46 AM
Jonesy

Default A Merry Christmas to...

....all of the denizens of a.m-b.

Tomorrow AM I am off to the great, green, wet city of Portland, OR to
seek refuge in the comforts of folk, food and ethanol. Won't be back
for a bit, so I thought I'd wish everyone a merry Christmas (or happy
holiday, if that's the way you swing,) and wish for everyone the
bike/bike part of your deepest desire.

In particular - Paladin, Penny, Sorni, Rimmer, JD, Mr. Harris,
Wheeler, Clyde and Gabrielle. A special mention to Scotty and Dave
W., because there's always hope. And especially, peace to Dr.
Vandeman.

Mud freckles to all!
--
Robert F. Jones
Old December 20th 03, 03:01 AM
Stephen Baker

Jonesey says:

Mud freckles to all!

And too all a good flight.

Steve ;-)
Old December 20th 03, 03:15 AM
Paladin

Jonesy wrote:

...all of the denizens of a.m-b.

Tomorrow AM I am off to the great, green, wet city of Portland, OR to
seek refuge in the comforts of folk, food and ethanol. Won't be back
for a bit, so I thought I'd wish everyone a merry Christmas (or happy
holiday, if that's the way you swing,) and wish for everyone the
bike/bike part of your deepest desire.

In particular - Paladin, Penny, Sorni, Rimmer, JD, Mr. Harris,
Wheeler, Clyde and Gabrielle. A special mention to Scotty and Dave
W., because there's always hope. And especially, peace to Dr.
Vandeman.

Mud freckles to all!
--
Robert F. Jones

Thanks, Bob. Have a good trip. Enjoy all the little spiders.

I leave for Yakima Valley in a couple days to step into my

inlaw's Norman Rockwell painting. The only bike present I

want is to get my new beautiful Sterling Icon 180 cranks on

the SS. Otherwise, I'm going for kitchen gear (yeah, I like

to cook), ski stuff and electronics.

Paladin

Old December 20th 03, 03:39 AM
Sorni

Jonesy wrote:
...all of the denizens of a.m-b.

And may all your flies be plump, juicy, and slow awing.

Bill "keep spinning" S.

Old December 20th 03, 03:35 PM
Penny S

Jonesy found this in the back of the refrigerator:
...all of the denizens of a.m-b.

Tomorrow AM I am off to the great, green, wet city of Portland, OR to
seek refuge in the comforts of folk, food and ethanol. Won't be back
for a bit, so I thought I'd wish everyone a merry Christmas (or happy
holiday, if that's the way you swing,) and wish for everyone the
bike/bike part of your deepest desire.

In particular - Paladin, Penny, Sorni, Rimmer, JD, Mr. Harris,
Wheeler, Clyde and Gabrielle. A special mention to Scotty and Dave
W., because there's always hope. And especially, peace to Dr.
Vandeman.

Mud freckles to all!

back at ya. ;-)
and to everyone else, too!

Old December 20th 03, 03:46 PM
Penny S

Paladin found this in the back of the refrigerator:

I leave for Yakima Valley in a couple days to step into my

inlaw's Norman Rockwell painting. The only bike present I

want is to get my new beautiful Sterling Icon 180 cranks on

the SS. Otherwise, I'm going for kitchen gear (yeah, I like

to cook), ski stuff and electronics.

Paladin

really cool kitchen gadgets rule. Do you have a bagel guillontine or a
gravy mop?

Speaking of electronics, HDTV ( flat and wide) with surround sound home
theatre is coming in santa's sleigh for our gang. Mr. Adventure thinks we
are going to wrap these two big boxes ( 40" square) and put them in the
Living Room for a few days. The days of setting up after the kids are in
bed are long gone at our house. He's been building a stand for it, oak and
kokabola, for days now, the kid's think he's working on a hope chest for me.

Penny

Old December 20th 03, 03:52 PM
tcmedara

Penny S wrote:
[...]

Penny,

I might have to have you email my wife and explain to here that HDTV and
surround sound are important learning tools for our children. She doens't
see the "need" for one and I guess I'm not articulate enough to explain it.
She's pretty good about supporting my biking habit, though so I'm not
complaining. Maybe I should start lobbying for a new bike and then "settle"
for a new home theater. Would that pass the wife test?

Tom (just wondering)

Old December 20th 03, 04:11 PM
Penny S

tcmedara found this in the back of the refrigerator:

[...]

Here's the deal at our house. We are still watching the 19" Sony sans remote
that Craig ( Mr. Adventure) bought with his very first pay check out of
college. The remote works via the vcr. Picture is still great but ....
Our kids are teens, and we watch tons of movies, not much TV. It was
actually my idea and he went for it.
Wowee... go and look at the new TV's... the really fancy ones (8-10K) are
unbelievable, we could see the zits on the college b-ball player's arms!!

The technology is amazing, and amazingly expensive. We settled on a 32"
flat/wide HDTV for several reasons... monster huge is not what we want, and
it was what we could afford ( as compared to a 40" plasma flat screen, 6K!!)
You can get really nice stuff that is not HDTV but that's where everything
is going technology wise. Throw in a DVD changer and a nice surround sound
system.... Our reasoning is that everyone can enjoy it, we spend a lot of
weekend nights watching movies and why not get a nice family thing since the
kids will be gone in a few years ( we hope)

I am expecting a basement filled with teenage boys, with cases of pop and
lots of pizza, with LOTR marathons in my near future. ( that and the Matrix
series....)

0/0 until 5/05 helped convince us too, first time we've ever done that.
;-)

Penny

Old December 20th 03, 05:35 PM
Zilla

Penny S wrote:
[...]

Hey I'm jealous, though I'm waiting for an affordable
60"+ plasma HDTV. Maybe in 2-3 yrs...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old December 20th 03, 11:18 PM
gabrielle

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:46:31 -0800, Jonesy wrote:

...all of the denizens of a.m-b.

Tomorrow AM I am off to the great, green, wet city of Portland, OR to
seek refuge in the comforts of folk, food and ethanol. Won't be back
for a bit, so I thought I'd wish everyone a merry Christmas (or happy
holiday, if that's the way you swing,) and wish for everyone the
bike/bike part of your deepest desire.

In particular - Paladin, Penny, Sorni, Rimmer, JD, Mr. Harris, Wheeler,
Clyde and Gabrielle. A special mention to Scotty and Dave W., because
there's always hope. And especially, peace to Dr. Vandeman.

Thanks Spider, and likewise.

If we weren't in the rainy part of the year I'd say we should get together
and ride at Mt Tabor.

gabrielle