why did the cop that got killed not wait for backup

Old October 27th 03, 05:48 AM
kathy

Default why did the cop that got killed not wait for backup

why did the cop that got killed not wait for backup
before he went up to the house because the backup
was out giving out tickets to people that drive with
their lights on instead of backing up their own cops.

VC 24405A
THE JUDGE DISMISSED THE TICKET FOR THE 2ND. TIME

A cop stopped me for the 2nd time with red lights when the cop was on his
way to krispy kreme donuts the cop told me that i could not drive
with my lights on and gave me ticket.

This is what the h.p. said

M e m o r a n d u m

To: Municipal Court Dist.
From: DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAY PATROL

Subject: Maximum Number Of Lamps

I Checked Veh.#******* A 2003 Ford Pu.
I Obs. mounted On the Front 2 Headlights, 2 Parking Lights and
2 Fog Lights And All Lights Approved. If Above Lights Are Lighted
All At Once I Can Not Find A Violation Of The Veh. Code.

1. the cop said it was a big no, no to drive with my
lights on and gave me a ticket for the 2nd. time.

2. the judge dis. the ticket for the 2nd. time and the
dum cop was not in court for the 2nd. time.

5. i was going to sue but they settled out of court.
Old October 27th 03, 01:52 PM
Stephen Baker

user0 says:

snip

Or do they think
foglights and similar make their cars look "cool".

Bingo! We have a winner!!

Steve
Old October 27th 03, 04:01 PM
Pat

If people had any brains, they wouldn't run around with un-necessary
lights on (ie, headlights through the day, foglights on a clear
night). It annoys, distracts and dazzles other drivers, whether
illegal or not.

Or should people run around with full-undipped headlights too, just so
they can see better, regardless of other drivers? Or do they think
foglights and similar make their cars look "cool".

I disagree with your statement about unnecessary light on being headlights
during the day. I used to have a silver colored car and found that it was
practically invisible to other people unless I had the headlights on.
Silver, gray, and white cars can "disappear" into the background, especially
on cloudy days when everything has a gray cast to it. The next time you are
in a car, check the rearview mirror and see how the silver/gray/white car
behind you isn't as noticeable as the darker colored cars.

And BTW, since most new cars are made to have headlights on during the day,
your gripe is moot. Far more dangerous are the idiots who drive with
"parking lights" on in the evening or during the rain.

Pat in TX

Old October 27th 03, 10:20 PM
Corvus Corvax

user0 wrote in message

What's your point? That the cops have better things to do than to stop
people with their lights on?

And even more confusing, why is any of this in alt.mountain-bike?
Isn't there an alt.clueless-redneck.foglight group?

CC