Cycle to the polling booth for free with Beryl

Old December 11th 19, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Cycle to the polling booth for free with Beryl

QUOTE:
Residents of the City of London, Hereford, Bournemouth or Poole can take advantage of a free ride to get them to the polling station on General Election Day. On Thursday 12th December as the country goes to vote, the London based bike-rental and lighting company will be offering users two free 30-minute rides; regardless of who they're intending to put vote for.

Given the density of polling stations in built-up areas versus the average geographical distribution of dockless rental bikes, it’s questionable whether this initiative will have a huge effect on turnout.

On the flip side, it could be a good excuse to cheer yourself up with a free bike ride, having done your democratic duty in having got out to vote.

If you'd rather someone else did the pedalling, Pedal Me will transport those in Central London to their polling station for free.

For those unsure of where their nearest polling station is, the Electoral Commission has put together this handy tool: electoralcommission.org.uk/your-election-information, and the information is also stated on polling cards.

If you’re one of the vanishingly small number of people not yet sure of how to vote, Cyclist recently attended the active travel hustings where four UK-wide main parties outlined their promises regarding walking and cycling.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/7494/...ree-with-beryl
Old December 11th 19, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 7:07:49 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Surely no one with an IQ greater than a spark plug will actually vote for any of the idiots.
Old December 11th 19, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 11/12/2019 19:32, Simon Jester wrote:

Surely no one with an IQ greater than a spark plug will actually vote
for any of the idiots.

Well, the polling stations are being prepared with powerful air fresheners.
Old December 12th 19, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 11/12/2019 20:46, TMS320 wrote:

On 11/12/2019 19:32, Simon Jester wrote:

Surely no one with an IQ greater than a spark plug will actually vote
for any of the idiots.

Well, the polling stations are being prepared with powerful air fresheners.

Are they really expecting that many cyclists?
Old December 12th 19, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 11:28:11 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 11/12/2019 20:46, TMS320 wrote:

On 11/12/2019 19:32, Simon Jester wrote:

Surely no one with an IQ greater than a spark plug will actually vote
for any of the idiots.

Well, the polling stations are being prepared with powerful air fresheners.

Are they really expecting that many cyclists?

No, it is because The General Public are allowed to vote.
Since we live in a one party police state it doesn't really matter anyway.

Our goal is to see how long we can go without knowing the results. 10 days is our record.
Old December 13th 19, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/12/2019 21:06, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 11:28:11 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 11/12/2019 20:46, TMS320 wrote:

On 11/12/2019 19:32, Simon Jester wrote:

Surely no one with an IQ greater than a spark plug will actually vote
for any of the idiots.

Well, the polling stations are being prepared with powerful air fresheners.

Are they really expecting that many cyclists?

No, it is because The General Public are allowed to vote.
Since we live in a one party police state it doesn't really matter anyway.

Our goal is to see how long we can go without knowing the results. 10 days is our record.

Really?

I remember a TV programme about that: "The Likely lads".
Old December 13th 19, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, December 13, 2019 at 2:08:41 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 12/12/2019 21:06, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 11:28:11 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 11/12/2019 20:46, TMS320 wrote:

On 11/12/2019 19:32, Simon Jester wrote:

Surely no one with an IQ greater than a spark plug will actually vote
for any of the idiots.

Well, the polling stations are being prepared with powerful air fresheners.

Are they really expecting that many cyclists?

No, it is because The General Public are allowed to vote.
Since we live in a one party police state it doesn't really matter anyway.

Our goal is to see how long we can go without knowing the results. 10 days is our record.

Really?

Yes.

I remember a TV programme about that: "The Likely lads".

Your point?

Old December 15th 19, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 13/12/2019 22:08, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

It's straightforward enough.
Old December 15th 19, 07:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 12:16:23 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
[...]

I remember a programme called "The Liver Birds".

Old December 15th 19, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 15/12/2019 06:25, Simon Jester wrote:
[...]

I would have had no doubt whatever that you *would* like and watch
badly-written and execrably-acted tripe like that.

I bet you liked "The A team" as well. And "Love Thy Neighbour".

polling: bottom bracket/maintain or replace? patrick mitchel Techniques 4 January 10th 08 10:21 PM
Beryl Burton Tony B UK 8 April 6th 07 03:22 AM
Free cycle training at the cycle show John Hearns UK 0 October 8th 05 10:24 PM
Polling stations cycle parking Richard UK 140 May 10th 05 03:24 PM
Be seen at the polling station on Thursday Sue UK 164 June 14th 04 12:30 PM