Sheldon Brown site

Old June 12th 21, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

Default Sheldon Brown site

It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.
Old June 12th 21, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 2:42:02 PM UTC-7, Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

This is a real concern since Sheldon's site was the go-to for most maintenance tasks on bicycles.
Old June 12th 21, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Merriman[_4_]

Tom Kunich wrote:
On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 2:42:02 PM UTC-7, Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

This is a real concern since Sheldon's site was the go-to for most
maintenance tasks on bicycles.

To be fair I mostly use it for gear inch calculation as I like the way it
works.

Roger Merriman

Old June 13th 21, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Old June 13th 21, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

On 2021-06-12, Ralph Barone wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Would 'wget' or 'curl' be used for something like that?

pH
Old June 13th 21, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 2021-06-12, Ralph Barone wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Would 'wget' or 'curl' be used for something like that?

pH

wget -k -p -r https://www.sheldonbrown.com/ ./

might do the trick.

--
JS
Old June 13th 21, 08:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 12:08:32 +1000, James

On 2021-06-12, Ralph Barone wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Would 'wget' or 'curl' be used for something like that?
pH

wget -k -p -r https://www.sheldonbrown.com/ ./
might do the trick.

I use HTTrack:
http://www.httrack.com
for copying and backing up web sites. Open source. Available for
Windoze, Linux, and Android. Also includes command line versions.

Using the Windoze 64 bit version (my Linux Mint box needs a storage
upgrade), I downloaded about 40MBytes of https://www.sheldonbrown.com.
I can see view web pages, so HTTrack seems to be working. However,
it's midnight, so I'll stop here and continue tomorrow.

--
Jeff Liebermann
PO Box 272
Old June 13th 21, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On 13/6/21 11:43 am, pH wrote:
On 2021-06-12, Ralph Barone wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
[...]

..
Your reward will be in Another Place. -- What Boris said, back when he was a journal editor, to a writer who asked for more money. -- AJ
Old June 13th 21, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/12/2021 6:21 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Or buying server space and hosting a mirror site.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 13th 21, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

Roger Merriman wrote:
It’s been reported that Harris bike shop is closing down, And thus
questions over Sheldon Browns site, ie will it disappear?

I believe he was of this group? Though before my time I think.

https://road.cc/content/news/concern...website-284033

Roger Merriman.

I’m not sure that anything is stopping you from crawling the site and
downloading the entire contents to your hard drive.

Or buying server space and hosting a mirror site.

Which will, of course be the real litmus test to see if this is indeed the
travesty that people are saying it is.

Sheldon-Brown-RIP kanangara[_20_] Australia 20 February 12th 08 12:36 PM
RIP Sheldon Brown mark General 3 February 11th 08 11:47 PM
RIP Sheldon Brown. G-S Australia 0 February 5th 08 12:05 AM
Sheldon Brown Kenny General 40 November 14th 06 04:28 AM
Sheldon Brown Just zis Guy, you know? Techniques 49 October 10th 03 10:31 PM