Coker enthusiasts describe your seat

Old February 18th 04, 01:14 PM
Memphis Mud

Default Coker enthusiasts describe your seat

Cokerhead has the nicest setup I've ever personally laid eyes on.
However, he's apparently out chasing trucks at the present time.

Once he visited Mudville, he revealed his most impressive seat (on his
coker). All cooshy and handles and breaks...

Many of you have opted for the Reconditioned Coker at Unicycle.com. It
has the KH seat. This is like the one I rode the other day. Charles did
complain that he'd bent the wheel some (and bent it back) by just
twisting about. (Bare in mind that Charles is notoriously rough on his
equipment. We love Charles. He'd have made a great test pilot. It likely
would've been a short career tho. So I suspect there's more to the story
than "just twisting around".)

I've got a rugged off-road pickup truck (MUni). A responsive multi-use
vehicle (Niner). A demolishion derby tank (Summit). And a couple of
other toys.

I'm thinking that if you're going to buy a Caddy, get one with posh
seats. But of course, this adds $100+ to the hole.

What seats do you ride? Are you happy?

I would ride roads and crosscountry. Also, regular readers will remember
my busted tailbone from last June that aches after too much Uni.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...

"do not think, just ride"...muniracer
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old February 18th 04, 02:07 PM
Sofa

I rode a stock KH Velo on my coker, and start to get noticably sore
after 40km's or so.

I think a rail adapter making the Velo less tilted would make this
better.

I have also recently converted my Velo into an air saddle, much like the
miyata. I have noticed that this fixes the sloping issue, meaning my
air converted seat will probably not need a rail adapter.

I have yet to do any 40+ km rides with this new setup, but have done
MUch MUni'ing with it and it is very comfy, and will most likely be
great for long rides.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx) *76* reviews on
*51* products

'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
version 3.02

Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old February 18th 04, 04:21 PM
one wheeled stallion

Sofa, is there any chance you could post some pics of the air seat? I am
considering making mine into one- how did you do it?

--
one wheeled stallion - Getting There! :-)

OWS
one wheeled stallion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4832

Old February 18th 04, 04:52 PM
Krashin'Kenny

Here's a couple of links to some of the homemade air saddle conversions
of mine. Perhaps they will be of some interest:

http://tinyurl.com/354bl

http://tinyurl.com/2ylos

--
Krashin'Kenny - Crash Tested

If you ain't crashing, you ain't going fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!

Krashin'Kenny's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3420

Old February 18th 04, 05:06 PM
Sofa

one wheeled stallion wrote:
*how did you do it? *

Here's the 'Original thread' (http://tinyurl.com/2bu8p) that I posted
after doing it.

This was done with a roach cover, I have since redone it with a Rock's
Cover available from bedford.

I will never buy another roach cover after using the Rock's!

You can remove the laces and just set all you seat guts upside down on
the cover (on the floor) then pull it up and lace it tight.

Just tear off the Velo cover (and throw it out!) and pull off the
foam.

Follow any posts about miyata air conversions.

--
Sofa - You Tu Tu Tuni?

'Unicycle Product Reviews'
(http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/unicycleReviews.aspx) *77* reviews on
*52* products

Old February 18th 04, 05:26 PM
nbrazzi

I ride with the stock KHvelo with the rail adapter added. I am very
pleased with it.

I was working on ideas for converting it to airseat before I got the
rail adapter. After I got the rail adapter, I forgot all about it. It
does make a big difference and I get lots of comfortable distance from
it (as comfortable as a unicycle saddle can be...)

--
nbrazzi

any God with sense is going to want to promote unicycling

-onewheeldave on religion
nbrazzi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/917

Old February 18th 04, 05:37 PM
Mikefule

I ride a standard Viscount saddle. From time to time, I fit a Viscount
with a Reeder handle (swapped from my MUni).

This set up is good for hard riding for the best part of an hour, and I
have managed 2 hours at a sit. However, for gentle riding, it starts to
get a bit uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so.

I tried a crude air cushion and hated the bouncy effect.

I tried a Velo saddle and it didn't suit me. (Ladies, avert your eyes.)
Basically, my bottom sank into the deep foam, and my gonads floated to
the top, and it was most uncomfortable.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

Sometimes I ride like a demon, sometimes like a lemon. It's an L of a
difference.

Old February 18th 04, 05:40 PM
harper

Please avoid lewd thread titles like, "Coker enthusiasts describe your
seat." And PLEASE, no photos in this thread.

I have a standard, old style Miyata converted using a 20" tube, dogbone
bag, and Gemcrest vinyl cover. I added anti spin hardware to the bolts
when I took the saddle apart for obvious reasons. The vinyl has worn
very well. I have had two seat flats from rubbing the tube thin in
places. I keep the pressure quite low for comfort. A higher pressure
might minimize the tube wear. Thicker dogbone material might also help.
I use no other padding.

Nothing compares to an airseat for distance riding. KH saddles are nice
and would be nicer with tilt rail adapters but airseats they are not.

--
harper - Statuesque

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Stoke your own thread as much as you see fit, no problem." - Klaas
Bil

"Ugh, the Harpers; The worst neighbours in the world" - Tony Micelli

Old February 18th 04, 07:42 PM
johnhimsworth

Correct me if I'm wrong, but seeing as everyone who get's a rail adaptor
uses it to tilt the seat back a bit, wouldn't it make more sense if the
bracket on the top of a normal seatpost was tilted back slightly? As
happy as I am to spend £60 on an adaptor and new post just to tilt the
seat a bit, a tilted post seems a simpler, cheaper, stronger
alternative.

John

--
johnhimsworth - Falling off with style...

Look! The Goodyear Blimp!
johnhimsworth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1788

Old February 18th 04, 08:07 PM
Sofa

It depends on the type of seat, and rider preference.

KH seats don't 'need' to be tilted forwads (not back) but some people
prefer it. Not all seats would require the same amount of tilting. Not
everyone would want to tilt all seats, or any.

A rail adapter combo makes everyone happy because they can fine tune it
just for them