Intelligent bikes are coming, but where can we find suitable ridersto match?

Old December 21st 14, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Intelligent bikes are coming, but where can we find suitable ridersto match?

The bike is aimed at decreasing the rate of accidents in Holland, where
184 cyclists died in crashes last year despite the country's world
leading cycling infrastructure.

Holland 17 million, 184 cyclists die
UK 60 million, 100 or so. We are doing well !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/activ...-crashing.html
Old December 21st 14, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 09:53:10 +0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

The bike is aimed at decreasing the rate of accidents in Holland, where
184 cyclists died in crashes last year despite the country's world
leading cycling infrastructure.

Holland 17 million, 184 cyclists die UK 60 million, 100 or so. We are
doing well !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/activ.../11303207/Can-

this-intelligent-bike-really-save-you-from-crashing.html

UK number of journeys made by bike= about 2% of total.
NL ditto about 27%
NL about twice the number of deaths for 13 times the use by a population
of about a quarter seems to me to make bicycling in NL over twice as safe
as in GB.
Old December 21st 14, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

wrote:

The bike is aimed at decreasing the rate of accidents in Holland, where
184 cyclists died in crashes last year despite the country's world
leading cycling infrastructure.

Holland 17 million, 184 cyclists die
UK 60 million, 100 or so. We are doing well !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/activ...-crashing.html

If you need a highly advanced radar system to detect vehicles up to
several yards ahead of you, then a guide dog would be cheaper
Old December 22nd 14, 05:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

wrote:

The bike is aimed at decreasing the rate of accidents in Holland, where
184 cyclists died in crashes last year despite the country's world
leading cycling infrastructure.

Holland 17 million, 184 cyclists die
UK 60 million, 100 or so. We are doing well !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/activ...-crashing.html

If you need a highly advanced radar system to detect vehicles up to
several yards ahead of you, then a guide dog would be cheaper

Is there anything that gets cheaper at a faster rate than than electronics?

OK, maybe the ruble under Putin.

Bret Cahill

Old December 23rd 14, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
roger merriman

wrote:

The bike is aimed at decreasing the rate of accidents in Holland, where
184 cyclists died in crashes last year despite the country's world
leading cycling infrastructure.

Holland 17 million, 184 cyclists die
UK 60 million, 100 or so. We are doing well !!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/activ...11303207/Can-t

his-intelligent-bike-really-save-you-from-crashing.html

If you need a highly advanced radar system to detect vehicles up to
several yards ahead of you, then a guide dog would be cheaper

cars are getting to marginal gains regarding safty, but the factor
between the seat and the steering wheel less so.

the vague reports about driverless cars suggest they cope better with
people/bikes/pets/whatever being in the road.

have to see but i suspect it may well be.

Roger