Why drivers really hate cyclists

Old April 27th 06, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Why drivers really hate cyclists

Link (http://tinyurl.com/fybbc) to a piece from the opposite end of
Wales to me. Yesterdays front page poll was "Are cyclists dangerous".

Can we guess what the result was???

Old April 27th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

General Easterly wrote:
Link (http://tinyurl.com/fybbc) to a piece from the opposite end of
Wales to me. Yesterdays front page poll was "Are cyclists dangerous".

Can we guess what the result was???

No need to guess the results are he

http://votearchive.icwales.co.uk/index.cfm?getvote=2869

Are cyclists a hazard on the road?
26/04/2006

Yes
74 votes
Yes 40.00% (40.00%)

No
111 votes
No 60.00% (60.00%)

Douglas
Old April 27th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Douglas Steel wrote:
74 votes
111 votes

Well, that's conclusive then.

d.

Old April 27th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

davek wrote:
Douglas Steel wrote:
74 votes
111 votes

Well, that's conclusive then.

But no doubt someone will say only 111 people out of 60.4 million said
that cyclists were not a danger ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 27th 06, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
davek wrote:
Douglas Steel wrote:
74 votes
111 votes

Well, that's conclusive then.

But no doubt someone will say only 111 people out of 60.4 million said
that cyclists were not a danger ;-)

They really are quite fecund in wales.. I could have sworn the
population was only around 1.5 million females a couple of years ago
(and 1.4M males..).

...d

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Old April 27th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

David Martin wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
davek wrote:
Douglas Steel wrote:
74 votes
111 votes
Well, that's conclusive then.

But no doubt someone will say only 111 people out of 60.4 million said
that cyclists were not a danger ;-)

They really are quite fecund in wales.. I could have sworn the
population was only around 1.5 million females a couple of years ago
(and 1.4M males..).

Offa's Dyke cease to be an effective segregation from the United
Kingdom` centuries ago although I know some locals still think otherwise ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 27th 06, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
David Martin wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
davek wrote:
Douglas Steel wrote:
74 votes
111 votes
Well, that's conclusive then.

But no doubt someone will say only 111 people out of 60.4 million
said that cyclists were not a danger ;-)

They really are quite fecund in wales.. I could have sworn the
population was only around 1.5 million females a couple of years ago
(and 1.4M males..).

Offa's Dyke cease to be an effective segregation from the United
Kingdom` centuries ago although I know some locals still think
otherwise ;-)

With the internet, the English Channel ceased to be an effective segregation
of the news media from the rest of the world, so why not 111 people out of 6
billion?

--
Ambrose

Old April 27th 06, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Tony Raven wrote:
David Martin wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
davek wrote:
Douglas Steel wrote:
74 votes
111 votes
Well, that's conclusive then.

But no doubt someone will say only 111 people out of 60.4 million said
that cyclists were not a danger ;-)

They really are quite fecund in wales.. I could have sworn the
population was only around 1.5 million females a couple of years ago
(and 1.4M males..).

Offa's Dyke cease to be an effective segregation from the United
Kingdom` centuries ago although I know some locals still think otherwise ;-)

Then why limit it geographically? (is there a term for the net
equivalent of geography?)

Surely there are at least 250M people able to vote on the site.

...d

Old April 27th 06, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

With the internet, the English Channel ceased to be an effective
segregation of the news media from the rest of the world, so why not 111
people out of 6 billion?

Because you still need a passport to cross the Channel and because I
didn't want to make too outrageous a claim ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham
Old April 28th 06, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

David Martin wrote:
They really are quite fecund in wales.. I could have sworn the
population was only around 1.5 million females a couple of years ago
(and 1.4M males..).

..d

Don't forget the sheep

Baaaaa!

PS: do they really drive 4x4's?

From Wales: Why drivers really hate cyclists cfsmtb Australia 9 April 28th 06 01:53 AM
Olympic riders speak out on UK driver aggression towards cyclists. [email protected] UK 23 March 10th 06 01:36 PM
Why SMIDSYs happen Tony Raven UK 104 October 30th 05 02:36 PM
Good drivers scaring cyclists Tamyka Bell Australia 5 November 13th 04 03:52 AM
Drivers want road test for cyclists (Observer article) David Cowie UK 8 January 21st 04 08:57 PM