8 per cent of cyclists didn't break the law

Old April 27th 11, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default 8 per cent of cyclists didn't break the law

Just a subjective, I have had to spend a couple of hours driving today, I
saw 2 dozen cyclists, 22 of them were breaking the rules of the road, one of
the 2 that were not was a policeman, the other just a sensible middle aged
chap.

Riding on the pavement was the most frequent, riding the wrong way in the
gutter of a dual carriageway was possibly the most dangerous, failing to
give way accounted for a couple, texting with both hands while riding in the
(narrow, twisty) road was possibly the most stupid, the one that I nearly
managed to send to the next world was jumping a red light, wrong way in a
one way accounted for two.

I have actually considered joining the Police so that I can start a one man
crusade against this epidemic of cycling lawlessness.

Old April 27th 11, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Apr 27, 4:24*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Just a subjective, I have had to spend a couple of hours driving today, I
saw 2 dozen cyclists, 22 of them were breaking the rules of the road, one of
the 2 that were not was a policeman, the other just a sensible middle aged
chap.

Riding on the pavement was the most frequent, riding the wrong way in the
gutter of a dual carriageway was possibly the most dangerous, failing to
give way accounted for a couple, texting with both hands while riding in the
(narrow, twisty) road was possibly the most stupid, the one that I nearly
managed to send to the next world was jumping a red light, wrong way in a
one way accounted for two.

I have actually considered joining the Police so that I can start a one man
crusade against this epidemic of cycling lawlessness.

From Metropolitan Police health requirements for Special Constables:-
"Special Constables encounter stressful situations, trauma, physical
confrontation and work long hours on shifts. They need to be resilient
enough to cope with the demands and pressures of police work.
Applicants must therefore be in good health mentally and physically to
undertake police duties."

"in good health mentally"

Still, well done you!
Old April 27th 11, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:24:50 +0100, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

snip

I have actually considered joining the Police so that I can start a one man
crusade against this epidemic of cycling lawlessness.

A friend of mine is a police officer and he says that he and other officers are
now getting really ****ed off with the attitude of cyclists.

I showed him the video of the ****wit with the camera on his head who jumped
the red light and then argued with the police officer.

He was fuming - took the url and said he was going to make sure that it
received wide circulation - not just in his area - but throughout the force !!

He thought that there could be a few "repercussions" !!

Sounds like a result to me - (or perhaps even a whole string of them !!)

Old April 27th 11, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On Apr 27, 10:34*pm, Judith wrote:

A friend of mine

You lost credibility with word two.
Old April 28th 11, 12:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Apr 27, 11:40*pm, PhilO wrote:
On Apr 27, 10:34*pm, Judith wrote:

A friend of mine

You lost credibility with word two.

She writes to the Queen too, in green ink and capitals. That'll sort
it.
Old April 28th 11, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_4_]

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:34:40 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:24:50 +0100, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

snip

I have actually considered joining the Police so that I can start a one man
crusade against this epidemic of cycling lawlessness.

A friend of mine is a police officer and he says that he and other officers are
now getting really ****ed off with the attitude of cyclists.

I showed him the video of the ****wit with the camera on his head who jumped
the red light and then argued with the police officer.

He was fuming - took the url and said he was going to make sure that it
received wide circulation - not just in his area - but throughout the force !!

He thought that there could be a few "repercussions" !!

Perhaps PC Stout will receive some training on how to handle bolshy
members of the public.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaVubJdsuU&NR

Sounds like a result to me - (or perhaps even a whole string of them !!)

Old April 28th 11, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Sedentary IgnorantPopulist

On 27 apr, 23:34, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:24:50 +0100, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

snip

I have actually considered joining the Police so that I can start a one man
crusade against this epidemic of cycling lawlessness.

A friend of mine is a police officer and he says that he and other officers are
now getting really ****ed off with the attitude of cyclists.

I showed him the video of the ****wit with the camera on his head who jumped
the red light and then argued with the police officer.

He was fuming - took the url and said he was going to make sure that it
received wide circulation - not just in his area - but throughout the force !!

He thought that there could be a few "repercussions" !!

Sounds like a result to me - (or perhaps even a whole string of them !!)

Yaeh but no but when the cyclist ****ah siliciter bloke went to the
plice with his phim of the motorist ****ing trying to kill him the
plice said **** off.

I think us write thinking society memebers must take more direct
actuion agisnt those cycling ****ahs. You is sooo rith Judith. Ah
****in luv ya.