biking-related charities

Old January 20th 04, 11:00 PM
Michelle Rodriguez

Default biking-related charities

Hi,

I'm new to the group. Seems like a fun bunch!

Last year I donated my car to a children's charity and began
cycling to work instead. Everybody wins! This got me thinking about
donating more to bicycling related charities. My company has a
donation-matching program, and it just seems like the right thing
to do.

Has anyone here worked with a bike-related charity, or donated to
one that you feel is particularly worthwhile?

Thanks,
Michelle
Old January 20th 04, 11:23 PM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:00:48 GMT,
, Michelle Rodriguez
wrote:

Has anyone here worked with a bike-related charity, or donated to
one that you feel is particularly worthwhile?

Look at their listings of charitable organisations and find a local
one. http://www.ibike.org/
--
zk
Old January 20th 04, 11:56 PM
Claire Petersky

"Michelle Rodriguez" wrote in message

I'm new to the group. Seems like a fun bunch!

Indeed.

Has anyone here worked with a bike-related charity, or donated to
one that you feel is particularly worthwhile?

Locally, I would support Bike Works (http://www.bikeworks.org/). I believe
you are nearly always better off donating your money and time in your own
community.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
My bookshelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Cpetersky

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Old January 21st 04, 07:28 AM
Coal Porter

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 23:00:48 GMT, Michelle Rodriguez
wrote:

|Hi,
|
|I'm new to the group. Seems like a fun bunch!
|
|Last year I donated my car to a children's charity and began
|cycling to work instead. Everybody wins! This got me thinking about
|donating more to bicycling related charities. My company has a
|donation-matching program, and it just seems like the right thing
|to do.
|
|Has anyone here worked with a bike-related charity, or donated to
|one that you feel is particularly worthwhile?

One of the clubs I'm in does an event called The Harvest Rides with
the net going to Make-a-wish. It's staggering the amount of effort
that goes into these things and I'd say no volunteer hour you'd be
willing to give will be left behind.

And there's always a posting for some function that needs a volunteer
of some sort, like the MS Tours etc. Maybe there's a club in your area
that can help you get involved. Here's a link:

http://peteandedbooks.com/bclubs.htm

good luck with it,
-c.porter.

|Thanks,
|Michelle

why black for biking clothes Don General 81 March 14th 04 09:28 PM
radio and biking. jon General 37 January 23rd 04 12:43 PM
Winter biking photos Jem Berkes General 11 January 14th 04 07:14 AM
New to biking - HELP wwest General 8 November 10th 03 06:41 PM