Petition to enforce ASLs.

Old April 21st 09, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Funk[_3_]

Default Petition to enforce ASLs.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."
Old April 21st 09, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Thorpe[_6_]

Adam Funk wrote:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

Thanks very much, but I don't use them and I don't want them. I think
that filtering to the front of a queue is rather dangerous. I'd rather
get in the space two or more vehicles back, where at least the driver
behind is looking at me, and I certainly don't want to find myself on
the inside of a long vehicle as it pulls away to turn left.
Roger Thorpe
Old April 21st 09, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Adam Funk" wrote in message
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

They are useful for car drivers to park in on top of a picture of a
flattened cycle. It allows them to get a bit of revenge without having to
crush a real cyclist like Clarkson wishes he could do.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old April 21st 09, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 21 Apr, 09:57, Adam Funk wrote:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

No thanks. If the regulations are enforced it means I will have
to start entering ASL's from the gutter feeder lane rather
than the much safer primary position.
Old April 21st 09, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Grange

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:08:35 +0100, "Dave Larrington"
wrote:

In ,
Adam Funk tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

And here is how much effect that will have: 0.

I'm surprised the web site hasn't quietly gone away after the Road
Pricing petition.
Old April 21st 09, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
judith smith

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:57:04 +0100, Adam Funk
wrote:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

Or : "We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulation pertaining to stop lines by cyclists"

Frequently I come to road junctions where motorists have stopped in
the ASL rendering it useless to cyclists or forcing them to move
forward of the ASL and commit a traffic offence themselves;

Obviously a RLJ himself - and not very bright.

Please officer - I was actually forced to jump the red-light.

--

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. To take the "primary position" : to ride a bike in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

Old April 22nd 09, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR[_2_]

"Adam Funk" wrote

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

I don't like them. They encourage inexperienced riders to filter past large
vehicles.

Old April 22nd 09, 05:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Adam Funk wrote:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

They're a waste of paint, better to get rid of them than enforce them.

Old April 22nd 09, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
martynh

On 21 Apr, 10:14, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"Adam Funk" wrote in message

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

They are useful for car drivers to park in on top of a picture of a
flattened cycle. It allows them to get a bit of revenge without having to
crush a real cyclist like Clarkson wishes he could do.

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

I wish I thought they were doing it deliberately. Most are just on
auto-pilot
Old April 22nd 09, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
martynh

wrote:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ASL-Enforcement/

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulations pertaining to Advanced Stop Lines."

Or : "We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Enforce the
regulation pertaining to stop lines by cyclists"

Frequently I come to road junctions where motorists have stopped in
the ASL rendering it useless to cyclists or forcing them to move
forward of the ASL and commit a traffic offence themselves;

Obviously a RLJ himself - and *not very bright.

Please officer *- I was actually forced to jump the red-light.

"Primary position" the middle of a traffic lane. *To take the "primary position" : *to ride a bike *in the middle of the lane in order to obstruct other road vehicles from overtaking.

A term invented by and used by psycholists and not recognised in the Highway Code.

So what do you do when you lawfully approach an ASL on your bike and
find it has been encroached on by a motor vehicle?

Questions to the Mayor of London (ASLs) Tom Crispin UK 3 October 27th 08 10:30 AM
Petition John Hearns UK 2 February 19th 07 11:18 PM
#10 Petition Stuart Millington UK 0 November 18th 06 12:42 AM
Petition the IOC rooman Australia 26 June 17th 05 11:53 AM
ASLs and cycle lanes John Hearns UK 31 July 20th 04 10:38 AM