Appeal after cyclist dies following Fleetwood collision - driver held

Old October 27th 20, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Appeal after cyclist dies following Fleetwood collision - driver held

QUOTE:
Officers are appealing for witnesses after a cyclist died following a road traffic collision in Fleetwood.

The cyclist, a man in his 80s, was cycling along Dock Street in the direction of The Esplanade at around 1.45pm on October 11 when he was involved in a collision with an orange Suzuki Swift which had emerged from Adelaide Street, turning left towards The Esplanade.

He was taken to hospital with serious leg injuries but has since sadly died.. His next of kin have been informed and being supported by specially trained officers.

The driver of the Suzuki is assisting officers with their enquiries.

Officers are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the collision and are appealing for any witnesses or anyone with dashcam footage to come forward.

Sgt Martin Wilcock, of Lancashire Police’s Tactical Operations, said: “Firstly, my thoughts are with the family of the man who died at this incredibly difficult time.

“Our enquiries are continuing and we would ask anybody with information about the collision or any dashcam footage to get in contact with police.”

Anyone with information is asked to email or call 101, quoting log 0776 of October 11, 2020. Alternatively, report it online at https://doitonline.lancashire.police.uk

https://lancashire.police.uk/news/20...ood-collision/
Old October 27th 20, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 27/10/2020 17:27, Simon Mason wrote:
[...]

Which bit of that report says that the driver is being "held"?