I ride an unholy bike!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 5th 09, 01:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Ron Wallenfang

Default I ride an unholy bike!

On Nov 2, 10:38*pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:04*pm, Ron Wallenfang wrote:

On Nov 2, 7:54*am, ComandanteBanana wrote:

And I ride an unholy bike!

Come to think of it, I've never had any of my bikes blessed.

No, what I mean is that the Christian drivers consider bikes lowly and
unholy.

But we know Jesus would have ridden one if he existed.

On Episcopal Church, at least, on Manhattan's upper west side, has an
annual blessing of the bicycles:

"Tenth Annual Blessing of the Bicycles

Saturday, April 26, 10 a.m.

Hundreds of bicyclists garbed in brightly colored cycling attire are
expected to gather with their bikes inside the Cathedral for the Tenth
Annual Blessing of the Bicycles at 10 AM on Saturday, April 26.

Children are most welcome. Free admission.

The Reverend Canon Thomas Miller, Canon for Liturgy & the Arts will
officiate. He will offer a blessing to kick off a safe cycling season
and sprinkle holy water on the bicycles. A bag piper will play as a
riderless bicycle is brought forward during a moment of silence in
remembrance of those who died in cycling accidents within the past
year. "

Maybe they're figuring that's what Jesus would have done. Presumably,
most of the bike riders presenting themselves are not atheists.