Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

Old April 15th 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

Default Brandt on soldred/tied spoking

On 4/13/2015 6:37 AM, Rolf Mantel wrote:

If you wish yoghurt bacteria to reach your intestine you would need to
consume them rectally, not orally.

Instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5jJP5I__U

--
T0m $herm@n
Old April 15th 15, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 4/14/2015 6:16 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Heh. Last year our big wooded metropark did a Canada goose cull,
eliminating about 200 of the poop machines. The "letters to the editor"
section overflowed with outrage for weeks.

Personally, I can't see why those birds are still protected.

Because they are nicer than all those invasive semi-naked primates
running around.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old April 15th 15, 04:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 4/14/2015 8:38 PM, wrote:
up to page 5 no research or stats on potentials for infections recumbents vs regular frames

Insufficient statistical database.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old April 15th 15, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 4/13/2015 10:10 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
wrote:

advice from Canada

I should start selling the empty bottles on eBay for $5 a piece to
Americans.

Canada is part of the Americas.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old April 15th 15, 05:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 4/13/2015 9:06 AM, jbeattie wrote:
On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 4:45:56 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 4/12/2015 6:04 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 7:23:54 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

And my point is, if the typical ER physician saw a lot of kids with
pedestrian-related TBIs or car-riding TBIs, he'd never mention helmets.
Helmets are only mentioned for bike crashes - TBI or not. It's just
part of the "biking is dangerous" meme.

All of us -- except you for the most part -- differentiate between cycling,

walking and driving

Of course you distinguish!

Because no matter how many TBI cases occur, walking and driving must be
labeled safe. And no matter how few TBI cases occur, bicycling must be
labeled so dangerous that one should never do it without head
protection. Right?

Actual TBI data can be damned - or if necessary, distorted. Right?

Hmm. More for you to chew on Frank. Per 10 million miles traveled, cycling is more deadly than walking or driving (passenger) for kids: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...10/table/tbl3/

Principal findings

For each mile travelled in England and Wales there are about 50 times more child cyclist deaths and nearly 30 times more child pedestrian deaths than there are deaths to child car occupants. Although there have been declines in death rates for all modes of travel, pedestrians and cyclists remain at greatest risk. Because children from households without access to vehicles walk much more than their counterparts in car-owning families, the differences in risk by mode of travel are likely to contribute to the steep social class gradients in road traffic injury death rates. Although walking and cycling provide important benefits in terms of physical activity and have none of the adverse climate impacts of motorized travel, they appear to be the poor relations in terms of transport safety.

The obvious solution is to severely restrict the cagers that are causing
the carnage, rather than penalizing the socially responsible.

--
T0m $herm@n
Old April 15th 15, 05:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 19:16:04 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I remember Jobst claiming that if you used slick tires, you don't need
fenders; that it's the tire tread that slings stuff around.

I still doubt that. I still like fenders on (almost) every bike,
slicks or no.

Yep, slicks throw stuff around just fine- but not as effectively as
tires with tread.
Old April 16th 15, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 11:40:08 PM UTC-4, T0m $herman wrote:
On 4/12/2015 4:06 PM, Graham wrote:
In the whole of my cycling life time (50 years) I have had two crashes with motor vehicles which both led to serious injuries one of which I carry to this day and another in which I hit a child running out from between parked cars. None of these I would contend were my fault.

Almost every collision involving a child is the fault of the child,
except in the eyes of a bleeding heart juror.

--
T0m $herm@n

I creep thru parks having experienced their ability to run will nilly in front of muh truck out from hedges....just blat there they are...absolutely no sense that that tar ahead is a road NONE
Old April 19th 15, 02:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
T0m $herman

On 4/15/2015 12:34 PM, Phil W Lee wrote:
"T0m $herman" considered Tue, 14
Apr 2015 22:39:46 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On 4/12/2015 4:06 PM, Graham wrote:
In the whole of my cycling life time (50 years) I have had two crashes with motor vehicles which both led to serious injuries one of which I carry to this day and another in which I hit a child running out from between parked cars. None of these I would contend were my fault.

Almost every collision involving a child is the fault of the child,
except in the eyes of a bleeding heart juror.

Adults are supposed to watch out for and act carefully around
children.

And mess up natural selection?

--
T0m $herm@n
Old April 19th 15, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

And mess up natural selection?

haven't met up with a reasonable child for a long time now...
children have become ugly little monsters.
carryin' a cattle prod is prob a positive

Radial Spoking Pattern? Sir Ridesalot Techniques 13 October 18th 12 02:16 AM
Tied and--er . . . [email protected] Techniques 2 January 23rd 11 04:23 PM
tied for Bronze --D-y Racing 4 October 5th 10 12:21 PM
spoking a bike rim [email protected] Techniques 5 May 8th 07 03:35 AM
WalMart Spoking! [email protected] Techniques 9 February 24th 05 10:55 PM