Ride report

Old August 18th 16, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
NY

Default Ride report

"JNugent" wrote in message
On 18/08/2016 09:11, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 09:02, Alycidon wrote:
On Thursday, 18 August 2016 00:44:51 UTC+1, Nick wrote:

Oh, the fatal accident, another one of those motorist crashes into shop
types.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/bromley/14682760.Woman_injured_in_Petts_Wood_charity_shop_ crash_dies_in_hospital/

Cheers - don't think we've had a ride report for about 15 years!

Seems a weekly occurrence when a driver crashes into a building , even
pedestrians on the pavements etc.

More appropriate NGs.

Very sad when this happens. I wonder if the car was an automatic. I wonder
if the driver accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake and then
didn't have the quick reactions of a younger person to realise what they'd
done and to change feet to the brake pedal.

With a manual car, there is the chance if you were slowing down that you'd
be in the wrong gear for accelerating, so pressing the accelerator would
stall the engine, whereas an automatic would just change down.

I've sometimes wondered whether automatics and elderly people don't mix -
which is ironic since autos are generally easier for elderly people who may
have poorer coordination (eg between clutch and accelerator).

Old August 18th 16, 02:09 PM posted to alt.support.ocd,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

Default Help required for OCD poster JNugent

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are OCD.

--
You know you're getting old when:
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.
Old August 18th 16, 02:14 PM posted to alt.support.ocd,uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 18/08/2016 14:09, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are OCD.

Virtually every post from Nugent is negative, as is Cheerless.
Old August 18th 16, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 18/08/2016 14:14, Bod wrote:
On 18/08/2016 14:09, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are OCD.

Virtually every post from Nugent is negative, as is Cheerless.

Mind you, I expect someone loves him ;-)
Old August 18th 16, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 11:41:23 UTC+1, Nick wrote:

If this had been a cyclist killing a person on the road we would have
heard about it for weeks. If it were on the pavement the story would be
repeated for years. The carnage is so usual it just goes unnoticed.
People just ignore the damage cars cause.

And they also wear plastic hats in their cars.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqFKy91W8AAiWuI.jpg
Old August 18th 16, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
jnugent

On 18/08/2016 13:30, NY wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
On 18/08/2016 09:11, Bod wrote:

[...]

I am not a fan of automatics, though unfortunately, in the USA (which is
where I do do most of my renting), there are no manual transmission cars
available, except for the odd piece of exotica which is out of my price
range.

Old August 18th 16, 03:49 PM posted to alt.support.ocd,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:14:34 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 14:09, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are OCD.

Virtually every post from Nugent is negative, as is Cheerless.

Since when did OCD mean "being negative"?

--
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
-- Billy Wilson, Tough Guy, http://www.toughguy.co.uk
Old August 18th 16, 03:58 PM posted to alt.support.ocd,uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 18/08/2016 15:49, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:14:34 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 14:09, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are
OCD.

Virtually every post from Nugent is negative, as is Cheerless.

Since when did OCD mean "being negative"?

*Constantly negative*.
Old August 18th 16, 04:06 PM posted to alt.support.ocd,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 15:58:17 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 15:49, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:14:34 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 14:09, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are
OCD.

Virtually every post from Nugent is negative, as is Cheerless.

Since when did OCD mean "being negative"?

*Constantly negative*.

No, still not OCD. OCD is like Simon and Steve, insisting everyone goes 30mph, not 31mph, because 31 is more than 30 and is as bad as 150.

--
"You, you, and you ... panic. The rest of you, come with me." - U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.
Old August 18th 16, 04:26 PM posted to alt.support.ocd,uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 18/08/2016 16:06, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 15:58:17 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 15:49, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:14:34 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 18/08/2016 14:09, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2016 12:45:12 +0100, Bod wrote:

Cross-posting JNugent to a more appropriate NG.

Please can the OCD group offer some help for JNugent.

Thanks in advance

Never thought of Nugent as OCD, what's he said? Simon and Steve are
OCD.

Virtually every post from Nugent is negative, as is Cheerless.

Since when did OCD mean "being negative"?

*Constantly negative*.

No, still not OCD. OCD is like Simon and Steve, insisting everyone goes
30mph, not 31mph, because 31 is more than 30 and is as bad as 150.

Do you want a 2 or 5 minute argument?