Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonal workers fromDonegal you promised to prove?

Old August 2nd 20, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonal workers from Donegal you promised to prove?

On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 18:56:25 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 22:53:33 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

Err, but can you get HD radio signals to make it worth while. it seems to
me that broadcast audio quality has not improved in decades.

I live in the Santa Cruz mountains of Californai and listen mostly to
classical music in the car. There are 3 classical stations within
range for regular FM broadcasting, and 2 more on HD Radio
sub-channels. Because of the mountains causing reflections and
presenting obstructions, reception is marginal on regular FM, and
dismal on the HD Radio sub-channels. In other words, it's not worth
the effort listening to OTA (over the air) music in my area. I
wouldn't mind streaming Pandora in the car, but I don't want to pay
for the bandwidth, or switch phone vendor to T-Mobile to get free
audio streaming as part of the plan:
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/unlimited-music-streaming-with-music-freedom
For now, I have a 128GB flash drive that is crammed full of digitized
music that I plug into my Pixel 1 phone with a USB-OTG cable. While a
bit clumsy, the lack of commercial advertising and talking heads makes
this scheme quite attractive to me.

It used to be that people had CD discs that they could play through
their car radio, and it wasn't awkward at all :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 2nd 20, 04:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 18:56:25 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

For now, I have a 128GB flash drive that is crammed full of digitized
music that I plug into my Pixel 1 phone with a USB-OTG cable. While a
bit clumsy, the lack of commercial advertising and talking heads makes
this scheme quite attractive to me.

Basically what we have. One light classical and another 'folk'. The head
unit provides two usb sockets in the console, so we select one or the
other to randomise play on the rare occasions we want noise whilst we
travel. We prefer listening to the natural sounds around. SWMBO'd was not
impressed when I quickly vetoed her first choice of new sedan on too much
road noise.

There only two classical music stations in the whole of the Sydney Metro
area and, out side, you had better like both sorts of music 'country and
western' because that is all you'll get.

Old August 2nd 20, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Sun, 02 Aug 2020 09:14:46 +0700, John B. wrote:

It used to be that people had CD discs that they could play through
their car radio, and it wasn't awkward at all :-)

Lol, only one CD?
Our previous uta, a nissan navara, had a six stacker, that I used only
once, to test it out to see if it worked well. Since we prefer quiete as
we travel, and CDs left in a vehicle will dish up, it was ever used
again. It also took a USB stick for mp3s, etc.

Weirdly,neither past or resent vehicle likes bluetooth linking with
mobile phones,which suits us fine as we do not like to idea of google/et-
all tracking as we travel.

Franki-boy Krygowski is still (!) confounded Andre Jute[_2_] General 3 August 31st 10 05:18 PM
A Cub Reporter’s Casebook of Unimportant Interviews: Franki Krygowski's legs Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 12 September 9th 08 01:28 AM
As promised.. cfsmtb[_212_] Australia 36 May 28th 07 06:21 AM
Stiffer punishments for drivers promised as cyclist deaths soar Marc Brett UK 7 October 28th 06 07:25 PM