saved by her helmet

Old October 8th 10, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default saved by her helmet

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh/C...irm.6567768.jp

although grizzling about the tram lines seems a bit unreasonable, can't she
see them? It sounds as though the best cure is to ban cyclists from tram
areas.

Old October 8th 10, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JMS

On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:27:39 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh/C...irm.6567768.jp

although grizzling about the tram lines seems a bit unreasonable, can't she
see them? It sounds as though the best cure is to ban cyclists from tram
areas.

Looks like another money grabber looking for "compo" as they like to
call it.
--

Per billion passenger kilometres

Car KSI 18
Cycle KSI 541
Pedestrian 358

(KSI : Killed or Seriously Injured)
Dft 2008 FIgures

Who says cycling is safer than walking?
Old October 9th 10, 05:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

wrote:

http://news.scotsman.com/edinburgh/C...irm.6567768.jp

although grizzling about the tram lines seems a bit unreasonable, can't she
see them? *It sounds as though the best cure is to ban cyclists from tram
areas.

Looks like another money grabber looking for "compo" as they like to
call it.
-- * *

Per billion passenger kilometres

Car * * KSI * * 18
Cycle * KSI * * 541
Pedestrian * * *358

(KSI : Killed or Seriously Injured)
Dft 2008 FIgures

Who says cycling is safer than walking?

At least she was wearing a cycle helmet, which probably saved her
life. It was quite badly dented, which disproves the psycholists'
theory that cyclists never fall on their heads!

Derek C
Old October 9th 10, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:55:07 +0100, JMS wrote:

Looks like another money grabber looking for "compo" as they like to
call it.

I agree.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility, recognising the hazards and
taking appropriate action? The tram lines were there, static, and
visible.
Here in Wellington we have a similar crossing where the rail lines cross
the road at a very oblique angle. I walk across these. So I have not
had to sue the Wellington City Council, nor have I been an inmate of our
Intensive Care Unit.

Peter
--

snip

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.
Old October 9th 10, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On Oct 9, 8:31*am, Peter Keller wrote:
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:55:07 +0100, JMS wrote:

Looks like another money grabber looking for "compo" as they like to
call it.

I agree.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility, recognising the hazards and
taking appropriate action? *The tram lines were there, static, and
visible.
Here in Wellington we have a similar crossing where the rail lines cross
the road at a very oblique angle. *I walk across these. *So I have not
had to sue the Wellington City Council, nor have I been an inmate of our
Intensive Care Unit.

Peter

--

snip

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.

Is that Wellington Shropshire, Wellington Somerset, Wellington New
Zealand, or some other Wellington?
Old October 9th 10, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 02:11:28 -0700, Derek C wrote:

Is that Wellington Shropshire, Wellington Somerset, Wellington New
Zealand, or some other Wellington?

It does not really matter, but a clue might be the strange times that my
posts appear.
Also my e-mail addy --
Also there was an earthquake about 300km from here recently.

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.
Old October 10th 10, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On 9 Oct, 13:37, Peter Keller wrote:
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 02:11:28 -0700, Derek C wrote:

Is that Wellington Shropshire, Wellington Somerset, Wellington New
Zealand, or some other Wellington?

It does not really matter, but a clue might be the strange times that my
posts appear.
Also my e-mail addy --
Also there was an earthquake about 300km from here recently.

Wellingtonabad, Pakistan, then.

Old October 10th 10, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 16:37:14 -0700, Squashme wrote:

Wellingtonabad, Pakistan, then.

:=)

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.
Old October 11th 10, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Oct 9, 8:31*am, Peter Keller wrote:
On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 13:55:07 +0100, JMS wrote:

Looks like another money grabber looking for "compo" as they like to
call it.

I agree.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility, recognising the hazards and
taking appropriate action? *The tram lines were there, static, and
visible.
Here in Wellington we have a similar crossing where the rail lines cross
the road at a very oblique angle. *I walk across these. *So I have not
had to sue the Wellington City Council, nor have I been an inmate of our
Intensive Care Unit.

Clearly cyclists and trams can't possibly co-exist safely. That's why
Amsterdam has such a very high cyclist injury figure.

Oh wait, they don't.
--
Guy
Old October 11th 10, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 00:16:23 -0700, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Clearly cyclists and trams can't possibly co-exist safely. That's why
Amsterdam has such a very high cyclist injury figure.

Oh wait, they don't.

If you call a bicyclist injury rate of one seventh that of New Zealand's
high, then what is ours?

Oh wait. we have a compulsory helmet law!

PS When I rode to and through Amsterdam in about 1975 there were no
bicycle lanes there. Is this still the case? There were bicycle lanes
over most of the Netherlands certainly, just not in the big cities in the
West.

Peter

--
67.4 percent of statistics are made up.

Saved by a helmet Mr. Benn UK 229 June 8th 09 02:01 PM
Helmet saved my life! Brian Robertson[_4_] UK 43 July 22nd 08 08:13 PM
Helmet saved me Keyser Sose UK 56 October 3rd 06 09:12 AM
helmet saved me Ian Smith UK 30 November 29th 03 11:58 PM
My helmet saved me S_Wallis Unicycling 11 September 5th 03 04:42 AM