Al Those Great Scientists Here

Old May 7th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

Default Al Those Great Scientists Here

Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

Old May 7th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dave a

Tom Kunich wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by
532 individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_warm_period

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) states that
the "idea of a global or hemispheric "Medieval Warm Period" that was
warmer than today however, has turned out to be incorrect" and that what
those "records that do exist show is that there was no multi-century
periods when global or hemispheric temperatures were the same or warmer
than in the 20th century". Indeed, global temperature records taken from
ice cores, tree rings, and lake deposits, have shown that the Earth was
actually slightly cooler (by 0.03 degrees Celsius) during the 'Medieval
Warm Period' than in the early- and mid-20th century.

your friend in science
/dave a
Old May 7th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"dave a" wrote in message
Tom Kunich wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_warm_period

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) states that the
"idea of a global or hemispheric "Medieval Warm Period" that was warmer
than today however, has turned out to be incorrect" and that what those
"records that do exist show is that there was no multi-century periods
when global or hemispheric temperatures were the same or warmer than in
the 20th century". Indeed, global temperature records taken from ice
cores, tree rings, and lake deposits, have shown that the Earth was
actually slightly cooler (by 0.03 degrees Celsius) during the 'Medieval
Warm Period' than in the early- and mid-20th century.

So NOAA trumps 532 scientists. Who knew?

Old May 7th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 6, 9:31*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"dave a" wrote in message

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Kun-Kun,

Your original post doesn't sound like something
a person would just write and post to Usenet. In fact,
a simple Google reveals that you cut-and-pasted it
from http://www.co2science.org/ , which is a step up
from stealing your material from couplescompany.com,
though it's just a slickly designed climate
disinformation website. Most people agree there was
a Medieval Warm Period, they just don't agree that it
means what "co2science.org" wants it to mean.

Still, not quoting and naming your sources is plagiarism
by most university standards. I'm afraid I'm going to
have to give you zero credit for your term paper and
you're going to fail the class. But I don't think this
case rises to the level of reporting as an honor code
violation, so the Dean and I have agreed that you
can stay enrolled for the fall semester. I'm going to
recommend that you try "Rocks for Jocks" rather than
taking Professor Asher's earth sciences class for
your distribution requirement, though.

Ben

Old May 7th 08, 07:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

"dave a" wrote in message

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

What? No Double Secret Probation?!?!?! I'm shocked at how lax this institution has
become.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old May 7th 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Howard Kveck wrote in
:

I'm sitting here wondering who the **** Al is.

--
Bill Asher

p.s. If anyone gives a crap, the IPCC AR4, Chap. 6 has a nice discussion
of the "MWP" that can be found on p 468:

http://ipcc-wg1.ucar.edu/wg1/Report/...Print_Ch06.pdf

The key point, as Ben mentioned, was the best data indicate it was a) not
as warm on average as we are observing today and b) not a synchronous
global warming like we are observing today.

Figure 6.10 on p 467 is a very good summary of hemispheric temperature
reconstructions for the last two millenia.
Old May 7th 08, 09:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Donald Munro wrote in news:48215cc2$0$25773
:

No doubt Professor Asher will be glad to hear he won't be pushing
any more rocks up a mountain in the underworld.

That stuff is for Sisyphuses anyway.

--
Bill Asher
Old May 7th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

wrote in message

Most people agree there was
a Medieval Warm Period, they just don't agree that it
means what "co2science.org" wants it to mean.

Well, Benny, good old CO2Science is so bad that some of your buddies
attacked it and tried to erase all of the data. Too bad for people like you
that actual records and papers prove you wrong most of the time.

But it's all right with me if you want to pretend to be knowledgeable about
something you know nothing about.

Old May 7th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On May 6, 6:57 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

NO, according to some of those 500+ scientists:

http://www.desmogblog.com/500-scient...land-institute