Al Those Great Scientists Here

Old May 7th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Everett

Default Al Those Great Scientists Here

On Tue, 6 May 2008 22:49:23 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On May 6, 9:31*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"dave a" wrote in message

Tom Kunich wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_warm_period

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) states that the
"idea of a global or hemispheric "Medieval Warm Period" that was warmer
than today however, has turned out to be incorrect" and that what those
"records that do exist show is that there was no multi-century periods
when global or hemispheric temperatures were the same or warmer than in
the 20th century". Indeed, global temperature records taken from ice
cores, tree rings, and lake deposits, have shown that the Earth was
actually slightly cooler (by 0.03 degrees Celsius) during the 'Medieval
Warm Period' than in the early- and mid-20th century.

So NOAA trumps 532 scientists. Who knew?

Kun-Kun,

Your original post doesn't sound like something
a person would just write and post to Usenet. In fact,
a simple Google reveals that you cut-and-pasted it
from http://www.co2science.org/ , which is a step up
from stealing your material from couplescompany.com,
though it's just a slickly designed climate
disinformation website. Most people agree there was
a Medieval Warm Period, they just don't agree that it
means what "co2science.org" wants it to mean.

I just looked at the web site cited above and it's clearly right out
of the Rush Limbaugh School of Climate Science.

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)
Old May 7th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Everett

On 7 May 2008 07:52:52 GMT, William Asher wrote:

Howard Kveck wrote in
:

What? No Double Secret Probation?!?!?! I'm shocked at how lax this
institution has become.

I'm sitting here wondering who the **** Al is.

Gore of course!

--
jeverett3ATsbcglobalDOTnet (John V. Everett)
Old May 7th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
On May 6, 6:57 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

NO, according to some of those 500+ scientists:

http://www.desmogblog.com/500-scient...land-institute

Well then Robert - what are you doing to save the earth?

Old May 7th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"John Everett" wrote in message

I just looked at the web site cited above and it's clearly right out
of the Rush Limbaugh School of Climate Science.

I like your science:

"we do not currently have any convincing evidence or observations of
significant climate change from other than natural causes." Frederick Seitz
President Emeritus, Rockefeller University, Past President, National Academy
of Sciences, Past President, American Physical Society, Chairman, Science
and Environmental Policy Project

The fact is that there are hundreds of scientists that have signed onto the
Kyoto Protocols and backed the IPCC who haven't the slightest training nor
education in the questions at hand. And of course those same sort of
uneducated dolts such as our own Benny here are perfectly willing to support
politicians who promise policies which would essentially cause mass societal
destruction and starvation of the third world.

But just go right ahead and believe people screaming that you have to throw
all of your money at them and then live like a pauper. Seems like your kind
of thinking.

Old May 7th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On May 7, 10:50 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message

On May 6, 6:57 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

NO, according to some of those 500+ scientists:

http://www.desmogblog.com/500-scient...d-doubts-about...

Well then Robert - what are you doing to save the earth?

Let's see. You plagiarize a portion of a reactionary site's article
that apparently uses a bot to collect climate scientists names at
random and stick them on a list, which is beyond stupid for them and a
ME TOO! I'M WITH STUPID! for you. That about sum it up?

I'm getting fed up waiting for the Kun-bot upgrade. It's long
overdue. I'm afraid that the Alzheimer's organizations are going to
have the current one removed for being demeaning to real people with
real memory problems. Is there an open source Kun-bot project in the
works? Please let me know where to PayPal my three dollars.

Old May 7th 08, 04:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

RicodJour wrote:
I'm getting fed up waiting for the Kun-bot upgrade. It's long overdue.
I'm afraid that the Alzheimer's organizations are going to have the
current one removed for being demeaning to real people with real memory
problems. Is there an open source Kun-bot project in the works? Please
let me know where to PayPal my three dollars.

The open source version is going to be embedded into a
powermeter and programmed to attack Iran when it takes
a natural break.
Old May 7th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Paul G.

On May 7, 12:52 am, William Asher wrote:
Howard Kveck wrote :

What? No Double Secret Probation?!?!?! I'm shocked at how lax this
institution has become.

I'm sitting here wondering who the **** Al is.

--
Bill Asher

p.s. If anyone gives a crap, the IPCC AR4, Chap. 6 has a nice discussion
of the "MWP" that can be found on p 468:

http://ipcc-wg1.ucar.edu/wg1/Report/...Print_Ch06.pdf

The key point, as Ben mentioned, was the best data indicate it was a) not
as warm on average as we are observing today and b) not a synchronous
global warming like we are observing today.

Figure 6.10 on p 467 is a very good summary of hemispheric temperature
reconstructions for the last two millenia.

Uh... there is a GLARING error there- how can it be true that "It is
very likely that the current atmospheric concentrations of CO2 (379
ppm) and CH4 (1,774 ppb) exceed by far the natural range of the last
650 kyr" when according to right wing biblical experts the earth is
only 6000 years old? See how easy that was? No need to go to the
trouble and expense of fooling around with core samples. If you need
any more help with scientific facts me and Kuntitch will be happy to
help. This global warming nonsense is as absurd as the idea that
Kuntitch evolved from primitive simians. If anything, primitive
simians evolved from Kuntitch.
-Paul
Old May 7th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

On May 7, 7:50 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message

On May 6, 6:57 pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
Was there a Medieval Warm Period? YES, according to data published by 532
individual scientists from 325 separate research institutions in 38
different countries ... and counting!

NO, according to some of those 500+ scientists:

http://www.desmogblog.com/500-scient...d-doubts-about...

Well then Robert - what are you doing to save the earth?

Hmmm. Well, in matters like these I try to start with little steps.
Pointing out how foolish you are is almost always a reasonable
beginning.
Old May 7th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On May 7, 10:00*am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
And of course those same sort of
uneducated dolts (snip)

Mirror time, TK (IRT the usual bail-out when your game is called on
you-- this time, a "source" getting both its titties caught in the
proverbial wringer)!

Where was it you got your engineering degree from, again? What year?
TIA! --D-y
Old May 7th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Paul G. wrote:
If anything, primitive simians evolved from Kuntitch.

Degenerative Genetic Algorithms (DGA) is a trademark of SchwartzSoft.