Problem with New Bike's Horoscope

Old October 26th 04, 08:34 PM
Pat

: Of course I'm expecting to pay for the service. I am particularly
disappointed
: by the attitude of my local LBS. He says it's the third bike I buy from
someone
: other than him, and he's fed up with "patching up other people's
problems". He
: says if I buy cheap goods on the internet (the Dahon put me back nearly a
1000
: euros) I make my bed and lie in it. I always pay him for his time and
services,
: and I have always gone to him first when looking for my bikes. I buy
elsewhere
: because he _cannot_ provide the goods that I want. I once asked him for a
: woman's comfort saddle and he keenly tried to fob me a man's sports
saddle, like
: it would make no difference.

I used to work for a guy with an attitude like that. He went out of business
after 4 years (selling and repairing computers). I could only stand it for a
year. I would estimate that the 'meat' of any LBS is repair work---any and
all they can get.

:
: I have finally found a place that says they can do this for 39 Euros.
They're
: quite far from me, but a colleague is willing to drive me tomorrow
noonish.
:
: They say the bike will be ready by the end of this week. I've been
scrutinizing
: the ephemerides again and find that the best time to pick her up is 11:30
on
: November 6th - Saturday week, sharpish. On a Saturday, I shall contrive to
get
: out there by public transport and cycle back part of the way. They might
resent
: having to make room for her for so long, but I can't just bring her in
later
: because the willing colleague is not available at another time.
Unfortunately,
: the skies for Saturday October 30th are not nearly so favorable to me.
:
: EFR
: Ile de France

Let us know how the trip back works. You should be getting familiar with
your new bike on that first trip and you'll know a lot by then.

Pat in TX

Old October 27th 04, 08:55 AM
R15757

EFR wrote in part:

... Moreover, my own natal chart makes everything worse. An exact
Pluto-Saturn square in the Third and Sixth houses suggests danger from
transport or some kind of incapacitation of mobility or neurological
deterioration. I live with that all the time - it is one reason I have
to get over so much fear in relation to bikes and scooters - but whether
I bike or not has no effect on the symbolism. I could be run over on the
sidewalk or develop rheumatoid arthritis. What upsets me especially is
the combination of symbolisms on my nativity and Flyzipper's. ...

Nobody would tolerate this **** in pioneer times.

Robert

Old October 27th 04, 03:59 PM
maxo

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:02:51 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

However illogical it may seem to you, I know I will _NOT_ be able to get
on a bike with this Moon placement. I freak out at the very thought.

Seek professional psychological help. I'm not saying this to be a smartass
or wiseguy, but because it sounds like you have some serious issues that
you are trying to cope with using this bogus astrology business.

Bicycles are just machines, if you want to feel safe with one, then learn
to wrench or improve your current skills, do a pre-ride safety check, and
follow the traffic rules.

Confidence should stem from your confidence in your own ability and the
flawless tuning of your bike, not from the position of massive gas balls
in the sky.

Old October 27th 04, 05:01 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Diablo Scott wrote:

It wasn't completely built yet, but when I spun the front wheel and the
computer display registered the motion... it was a lot like a first
heartbeat.

Now there's an idea. I brought the bike today to the shop that will do the
setup and check-through. On the same occasion, I requested that a new
computer be configured to the bike with a cadence function. So there will
be a new computer to register the first heartbeat, as you say.

EFR
Ile de France

Old October 27th 04, 05:18 PM
Badger_South

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:59:37 GMT, maxo wrote:

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:02:51 +0200, Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

However illogical it may seem to you, I know I will _NOT_ be able to get
on a bike with this Moon placement. I freak out at the very thought.

Seek professional psychological help. I'm not saying this to be a smartass
or wiseguy, but because it sounds like you have some serious issues that
you are trying to cope with using this bogus astrology business.

Bicycles are just machines, if you want to feel safe with one, then learn
to wrench or improve your current skills, do a pre-ride safety check, and
follow the traffic rules.

Confidence should stem from your confidence in your own ability and the
flawless tuning of your bike, not from the position of massive gas balls
in the sky.

You are too funny, maxo. I bet you perform some silly spiritual ritual when
you ride a race, right? Like maybe thank your spiritual leader (Buddah?)
for guidance and keeping you safe.

Would you mock Muhammed Ali for his beliefs? You might but if he heard you,
he'd pat you on your little pointed head.

-B
I -want- to believe.

Old October 27th 04, 07:40 PM
Claire Petersky

"Elisa Francesca Roselli" wrote in message

Diablo Scott wrote:

It wasn't completely built yet, but when I spun the front wheel and the
computer display registered the motion... it was a lot like a first
heartbeat.

Now there's an idea. I brought the bike today to the shop that will do the
setup and check-through. On the same occasion, I requested that a new
computer be configured to the bike with a cadence function. So there will
be a new computer to register the first heartbeat, as you say.

The whole idea of a developing a natal chart based on the time of birth is
that the soul is permanently and irrevocably attached to the body when the
first breath is taken. My question to you is then -- when does your bike get
its "soul"? I think your bike is official with the first ride -- you in the
saddle, turning the cranks.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist:

Old October 27th 04, 08:40 PM
maxo

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 12:18:27 -0400, Badger_South wrote:

You are too funny, maxo. I bet you perform some silly spiritual ritual
when you ride a race, right?

Not unless you call checking tire pressure silly.

Would you mock Muhammed Ali for his beliefs? You might but if he heard
you, he'd pat you on your little pointed head.

I'll mock anyone I please, especially those morons that insist on taking
the stars, tarot, wicca, and cheesy new-age type crap seriously. I'll
leave the born-agains for another thread...god bless 'em cause I sure
can't.

The OP has obvious psychological issues, I've never met a person who was
obsessed with astrology who wasn't.

Astronomy, now that's a different matter...
Old October 27th 04, 08:53 PM
Cheto

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
k.net...

The whole idea of a developing a natal chart based on the time of birth is
that the soul is permanently and irrevocably attached to the body when the
first breath is taken. My question to you is then -- when does your bike

get
its "soul"? I think your bike is official with the first ride -- you in

the
saddle, turning the cranks.

I actually think that it takes a while for a bike to acquire its soul. How
long depends on each rider and bike. My bike got its soul when it first
stopped feeling like a bike and started feeling like an extension of me.

Cheto

Old October 28th 04, 09:02 AM
Tony Raven

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:

They say the bike will be ready by the end of this week. I've been

scrutinizing
the ephemerides again and find that the best time to pick her up is

11:30 on
November 6th - Saturday week, sharpish. On a Saturday, I shall

contrive to get
out there by public transport and cycle back part of the way. They

might resent
having to make room for her for so long, but I can't just bring her

in later
because the willing colleague is not available at another time.

Unfortunately,
the skies for Saturday October 30th are not nearly so favorable to

me.

EFR
Ile de France

What happens to your charts if a curious mechanic takes it out for a
spin while it is stored in the shop awaiting your return?

Tony

Old October 28th 04, 10:01 AM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Claire Petersky wrote:

The whole idea of a developing a natal chart based on the time of birth is
that the soul is permanently and irrevocably attached to the body when the
first breath is taken. My question to you is then -- when does your bike get
its "soul"? I think your bike is official with the first ride -- you in the
saddle, turning the cranks.

First ride may also be a criterion, but then, that wouldn't have worked for
Myrtille, since I bought her before I could ride at all, and it took me several
months to start. Yet my sweet, serviceable, humble Myrtille is very definitely a
Virgo bike, though I only started riding her under Sagittarius.

Since we're dealing with an "inanimate" object (but please notice quotes! ;° ),
the chart may have more in common with mundane and horary astrology, of the kind
that determines the moment chosen for launching a ship or laying the cornerstone
of a building. So perhaps I'm freer than I thought to set this moment myself.

I took Flyzipper, still in his box, to the Remote Bike Shop yesterday. They said
they could have it ready by today but seemed alright, even pleased, when I said
I would prefer to collect it on the 6th of November.

I'm cutting things rather close as the "official" moment, whatever it is, must
really be _very_ near 11:30 am. I think, if I must have a second Scorpio bike
(Behemoth is also very Scorpio), it would be nice to have a sporty-spiritual
Sagittarius ascendant, especially for a bike that is intended in part for
touring, having fun, seeing nature, expanding my mind and travelling about.
11:30 would put Flyzipper's ascendant at around 25 Sagittarius, opposite my own
Ascendant in Gemini at the placement that represents the "Partner". Waiit a few
minutes too long, and I get a Capricorn Ascendant, another Saturn-ruled Behemoth
- dignified, sober and exalted, but also very exigent, snobbish (too good for
the groceries) and a little hysterical. However, Capricorn is free of other
nefarious influences, so this Asc wouldn't be a disaster. I did a chart for 9:30
AM which would put the ASC at 2 degrees of Sagittarius, conjoint my North Node,
with Mercury smack on it. In some ways this would work even better, but there
are too many problems if I am late. 8 degrees holds another evil fixed star,
Antares. 15 degrees squares my natal Mars, and 22 degrees currently houses
transiting Pluto, sex, death and power planet, which I don't really want on the
ASC of a _bike_, although it might be fascinating on a person. I'm dangerously
near Pluto even at 11:30, but at least it's hidden in the 12th house of the
chart, where it might represent my anxieties and nightmares over this whole
venture.

Moon placement on the morning of the 6th is excellent, since it conjoins my own
Jupiter-Pluto conjunction at the end of Leo. At least if I get killed, it should
be a quick, clean death, and I'll have fun riding to it. 11:30 also puts
Flyzipper's Venus and Jupiter in the 9th house of travel and adventure, Mars
smack on the MC and Sun in the 10th suggesting a fortunate career move and the
competitive drive to go with it, and Mercury in the friendly and sociable 11th
house, suggesting bright new collegues to talk to.

EFR
Ile de France

Where are the inexpensive steel bikes? Werehatrack Techniques 32 June 24th 04 05:04 PM
Why are bikes such a problem on airlines? Janet Rides 18 March 25th 04 12:51 AM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 05:48 AM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 12:16 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM