Cycling is dangerous

Old November 20th 03, 01:00 PM
augustacycling

Default Cycling is dangerous

I can't say it any better than rick did!

I agree 100%

Old November 20th 03, 01:44 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On 20 Nov 2003 23:50:42 +1050, augustacycling
wrote:

I can't say it any better than rick did!

Say what?

I agree 100%

Who gives a rabid rat's ass?

Old November 20th 03, 04:02 PM
Rick Onanian

wrote:
I can't say it any better than rick did!

I agree 100%

Stop! You're ruining my credibility!
--
Rick Onanian
Old November 20th 03, 04:22 PM
Sorni

"augustacycling" wrote in message

I can't say it any better than rick did!

I agree 100%

Brilliant. You posted this as a reply to someone named Trent, and whatever
the hell "Rick" wrote is nowhere to be seen.

Bill "trimmed that it was from Cycling Forums but sure everyone surmised
that" S.

Old November 21st 03, 12:55 AM
Beastt

Eating is dangerous; more than half of all American men will die from
heart attacks which are, whether people like to admit it or not,
directly tied to foods consumed - fats and cholesterol.

Driving a car is dangerous; thousands die every year in automobile
accidents.

Going to school is dangerous; though highly over-publicized, students do
kill other students.

Skydiving is dangerous; What? You have a planet rushing up at you at 120
miles per hour and you're going to cover your head with your hands?
Isn't that a bit like hiding under a porch when you see a Boeing 747
plummeting to Earth right over your head?

Taking a shower is dangerous; Many fractured bones and concussions are
sustained by slipping in the shower.

What in this life is worth doing but isn't dangerous? Those looking
for a life filled with nothing but safety will die in their safe
little environment, having never really lived. Yes, there is an
element of danger in cycling. Francisco Cepeda, Tommy Simpson and
Fabio Casartelli have proved that over the years in the Tour de
France. Maybe helmets would have helped in two of those situations,
maybe not. The point isn't the danger involved. The point is the
thrill, the joy and the fun of cycling. I wouldn't dream of riding
without a helmet. That's my personal choice. Everyone should be
allowed their own choice. The life they save or forfeit is their's and
their's alone. Protect me from others, not from myself and let me
continue to ride.

Old November 21st 03, 05:52 PM
jhuskey

Trent Piepho wrote:
In article , Zoot Katz
wrote:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:28:37 -0500, ,
"frkrygowHALTSPAM" wrote:

I know two people who died this year
and both of them were on high speed descents.

I'll bet they were both denizens of cyclingforums. I tell you, I won't
ride _near_ those guys! I've never heard so many horror stories!

Yeah! It's freaky, man. How'd you know? I thought the curse was a myth
but it must be true. I heard that when you sign-up at cyclingforums, it
generates a random number between five and 720.

That's your number of days left!

I about a web forum that's full of stories about cycling accidents.
After you sign up, you get a phone call from Bell Sports. This voice on
the line says, "two weeks," and then hangs up. Then two weeks later, you
get in a cycling accident and die. The only way to live is to convince
someone else to give up riding because it's too dangerous.

Yeah!!! Exactly! I know a guy who didn't like his user ID, changed it
,and was killed twice. He will know better next time!

New for me - cycling B Parker General 4 October 14th 03 03:03 AM
Cycling Holiday Tours - Any Recommendations? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 9 October 11th 03 03:53 PM
Cycling may be hazardous to your frivolous lawsuit Mr. E. Mann General 0 September 22nd 03 10:49 AM
Vermont cycling Hal Jordan General 30 September 13th 03 08:09 AM
Dr. Gridlock and Cycling (LONG) Luigi de Guzman General 6 September 3rd 03 11:17 AM