Get the youth off the streets

Old February 11th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Get the youth off the streets

Hey Hey (first post)

Me and my freind have been thinking of starting up the nothern beaches
unicycling club or organisation.

We decided to start this up to get the youth off the streets.

Well the piont of this post is to ask for ideas of, contents of the
club, How you guys and girls think it would go, and any useful ideas
for the club

Thanks a bunch
yours magically Cameron

--
Uni_Cam
Uni_Cam's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11668

Old February 13th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I think it's a great idea. Only so many kids may get involved, but if
you can help even just one kid, then it's worth it. I'm planning to
start a club in my city, but I am currently the only rider in town.
I'm gonna offer free lessons in the spring and summer, and take it from
there.

There are some fellas on the forum that have started clubs, and some
have evolved into larger clubs, or several clubs. It's definately a
good idea.

Post a thread titled "Help starting a uni club", or something like
that. I'm sure some riders will reply, with some good ideas.

Good Luck.

--
Tim Morin
Tim Morin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11002

Old February 13th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I have tremendous admiration for those who start unicycling clubs. It
takes time and effort. Maybe you'll get some hints from Tommy Thompson,
Brian MacKenzie or Bruce Edwards who have all started clubs recently.

I would recommend that you be a Kris Holm wannabe rather that a Khris
Holms wannabe. I don't know, maybe Khris Holms is a great uni rider,
too.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Old February 13th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

do u know any other riders there?
or anyone interested?
sounds like sweet idea but how would u initially get people to come?
good luck

--
onewheelisbetter
onewheelisbetter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11411

Old February 13th 06, 06:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

most guys and girls on the streets would think uning is totaly lame so
im not sure how well it would work.

--
unicyclistben

http://willowglenbicycles.com/site/intro.cfm
Proud owner of posts 37000 and 38000 in MR
UNBAN BEN_UNRUH
myspace.com/ben_unruh
unicyclistben's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10897

Old February 13th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

You might want to check out 'This article from the 2003 California MUni
Weekend' (http://tinyurl.com/8fs4x). One of the groups there, called
the One Wheel Willys, was started by a guy who wanted to help out
disadvantaged kids in San Jose, CA.

--
tholub

Old February 13th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unicyclistben wrote:
most guys and girls on the streets would think uning is totaly lame so
im not sure how well it would work.

I ride around my city and nearly everyone I meet thinks it's cool.

Perhaps Sheffield is just a Kick-Ass place. Sigh.

--
andycookuk

"I know the human being and fish can co-exist peacefully."
George Bush
andycookuk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11138

Old February 13th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Ok i know i am only 16 but i think it would be hard to control the
'youth' at 14. I hope you can do it but with all respect i have my
doubts.

Sorry

Mike

--
swarbrim

add me at
swarbrim's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

Old February 13th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

though about doing this myself during the summer some kids show interest
other throw abuse.I was told by a YMCA leader that i would have to get
insurance sorted and contact child welfare But im still in the early
stages, just trying to get the word out. The only off putting thing for
people is that they have to buy a unicycle, does anyone know where i
could get a hold of some cheap ones

--
polyphonic Hippie
polyphonic Hippie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11609

Old February 13th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

swarbrim wrote:
Ok i know i am only 16 but i think it would be hard to control the
'youth' at 14. I hope you can do it but with all respect i have my
doubts.

It may be "difficult" to "control" a few 14 year olds but everyone is
different and most kids my age are resonably sensible.

As long as the people you are working with enjoy unicycling and are
enthusiastic; they will listen.

AndyC