Northen Dales 200 3/9/06

Old August 30th 06, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MSeries

Default Northen Dales 200 3/9/06

Anyone else ? Nice hilly route taking in the magnificent Ribblehead
Viaduct and the slightly less magnificent Tan Hill Inn. I might take my
camera and snap some randoneurs passing these landmarks

Old August 30th 06, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Blonde

Oooh, I'd better put my best kit on then... ;- )

Old August 30th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy S

MSeries wrote:
Anyone else ? Nice hilly route taking in the magnificent Ribblehead
Viaduct and the slightly less magnificent Tan Hill Inn. I might take my
camera and snap some randoneurs passing these landmarks

I'll be there, * if * Saturdays jaunt to Stamford and back goes
according to plan, I've
already warned Mike that I'd be entering on the line.
I can't see me going round too quickly so you might just have some
extra company.
I'll be realistic for once a hope to get round in sub 10hrs instead of
the usual sub 8.5 hr thrash; may even have a cafe stop, usually treat
this ride like a perm and use shop stops at Leyburn & Kirby Stephen

Andy S

Old August 31st 06, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Proven

MSeries wrote:
Anyone else ? Nice hilly route taking in the magnificent Ribblehead
Viaduct and the slightly less magnificent Tan Hill Inn. I might take my
camera and snap some randoneurs passing these landmarks

Not this year; I'm busy at work, did the Mildenhall 300 on Sat and have
a 200 the following weekend, and need to get ready to fly off to France
a few days later (two weeks' cycling). Don't want to end up overtaxing
my poor body

Simon

Old August 31st 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Blonde

I'll be realistic for once a hope to get round in sub 10hrs instead of
the usual sub 8.5 hr thrash; ...
Andy S

Ah, so I guess I won't see much more of you than your back wheel
dissapearing into the distance as usual then, Andy! I think it may take
me rather longer than that!

Old August 31st 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MSeries

Andy S wrote:
MSeries wrote:
Anyone else ? Nice hilly route taking in the magnificent Ribblehead
Viaduct and the slightly less magnificent Tan Hill Inn. I might take my
camera and snap some randoneurs passing these landmarks

I'll be there, * if * Saturdays jaunt to Stamford and back goes
according to plan, I've
already warned Mike that I'd be entering on the line.
I can't see me going round too quickly so you might just have some
extra company.
I'll be realistic for once a hope to get round in sub 10hrs instead of
the usual sub 8.5 hr thrash; may even have a cafe stop, usually treat
this ride like a perm and use shop stops at Leyburn & Kirby Stephen

Andy S

Took me 10h31 last year and that was with a few stops, one of which I
hope not to have to repeat this year.
Old August 31st 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Proven

Blonde wrote:
I'll be realistic for once a hope to get round in sub 10hrs instead of
the usual sub 8.5 hr thrash; ...
Andy S

Ah, so I guess I won't see much more of you than your back wheel
dissapearing into the distance as usual then, Andy! I think it may take
me rather longer than that!

Google for some reason thinks you were replying to my post. "Back
wheel
disappearing into the distance" soon set me straight though!

Simon

Old September 1st 06, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Arthur Clune

MSeries wrote:
Anyone else ? Nice hilly route taking in the magnificent Ribblehead
Viaduct and the slightly less magnificent Tan Hill Inn. I might take my
camera and snap some randoneurs passing these landmarks

I'm off walking that day. One to note for next year though. Looks a nice
ride.

--
Arthur Clune
Old September 1st 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MSeries

Arthur Clune wrote:
MSeries wrote:
Anyone else ? Nice hilly route taking in the magnificent Ribblehead
Viaduct and the slightly less magnificent Tan Hill Inn. I might take my
camera and snap some randoneurs passing these landmarks

I'm off walking that day. One to note for next year though. Looks a nice
ride.

--
Arthur Clune

Also think about The Other Fleet Moss Randonee for next year. Closer
for you, Halifax-Wharfedale-Fleet Moss-Hawes-Ribblehead-
Settle-Whalley-Halifax.

Cycling in the Yorkshire Dales Darth. UK 8 July 21st 06 06:07 PM
RR Dales Grimpeur MartinM UK 12 June 5th 06 10:14 AM
Tour of Yorkshire England, 2005. Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. [email protected] Rides 1 June 22nd 05 11:00 AM
A cycletour of Yorkshire, Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors, 2005. [email protected] UK 1 June 13th 05 10:51 AM
Dales Bike Bus is Back! [email protected] UK 0 May 22nd 05 10:38 PM