Need Another Recumbent

Old February 3rd 05, 07:01 AM
guynoir

Default Need Another Recumbent

What's the next step up from a Vision R-40? Must have under seat
steering, swb. I'm leaning towards a Haluzak, or another R-40. I
really like the Vision, by the way.
--
John Kimmel

Naturally, these humorous remarks are all entirely my own opinion, based
solely
on rumor, supposition, innuendo and damned lies, and should be
interpreted in a
spirit of fun. My memory is faulty, also.

Old February 3rd 05, 07:48 AM
Mark Leuck

"guynoir" wrote in message
What's the next step up from a Vision R-40? Must have under seat
steering, swb. I'm leaning towards a Haluzak, or another R-40. I
really like the Vision, by the way.
--
John Kimmel

I had a Vision R-50, getting the Haluzak really won't get you anything new,
the seat on the Vision is better although I liked the steering on the
Haluzak

Depends on what you are looking for

Old February 3rd 05, 08:56 AM
Peter Clinch

guynoir wrote:
What's the next step up from a Vision R-40? Must have under seat
steering, swb. I'm leaning towards a Haluzak, or another R-40.

What do you want it to do? Might be the R-40 is perfect for you
application, but without knowing it beyond "a bike to ride around a bit"
it's difficult to say...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old February 3rd 05, 11:59 AM
Tom Sherman

guynoir wrote:

What's the next step up from a Vision R-40? Must have under seat
steering, swb. I'm leaning towards a Haluzak, or another R-40. I
really like the Vision, by the way.

The USS version of the Challenge Hurricane should be a step up in
performance:
http://www.challengebikes.com/html/index.php?taal=en&selectie=hurricanetour.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 06:15 PM

Have you heard about the NoCom?

Just kidding. Love listening to you on radio man.

skip
Old February 3rd 05, 06:47 PM
The Real Johnny NoCom

Buy a NoCom if you have leg muscles and intend to GoFast.
If not but a Bike E and ride the slow bike trail.
No other stock recumbent will ever be faster than the NoCom. EVER.

Cheers,
Johnny NoCom
Fastest Bike in All the Known Universe
Old February 3rd 05, 06:59 PM

Mark he really likes his R-40 and is considering another along with the
Haluzak. So maybe he's not looking for something radically different. In
fact your R-50 might be something he would really like. It could considered
a logical next step up from the R-40. Not everyone is looking for something
radically different as you and lots of others are/were.

Just guessing as far as he goes though.

skip

PS: This is interesting. My spell checker thinks Haluzak is a misspelling
of Phallus.
Old February 3rd 05, 11:31 PM
Mark Leuck

wrote in message
Mark he really likes his R-40 and is considering another along with the
Haluzak. So maybe he's not looking for something radically different. In
fact your R-50 might be something he would really like. It could

considered
a logical next step up from the R-40. Not everyone is looking for

something
radically different as you and lots of others are/were.

Just guessing as far as he goes though.

skip

PS: This is interesting. My spell checker thinks Haluzak is a

misspelling
of Phallus.

I'm not suggesting he is looking for something radically different, he
seemed to have a bike he liked and I was wondering why go for a different
brand? If I were looking for something like my R50 I'd buy another R50,
seems he should go for another R40?

The 50 was nice but it was also heavier due to the suspension, something he
might not like, now if he WANTS suspension and weight isn't a factor then
thats another story

Old February 4th 05, 09:02 AM
Peter Clinch

The Real Johnny NoCom wrote:

Fastest Bike in All the Known Universe

.... would be the Varna ridden by Sam Whittingham, according to the
record books!

Pete.

Old February 5th 05, 04:20 AM
116

The USS version of the Challenge Hurricane should be a step up in
performance:
http://www.challengebikes.com/html/index.php?taal=en&selectie=hurricanetour.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Anyways, I prefer a 26" rear wheel
(along with
a full mesh seat and linkage USS), so I use a Haluzak. I'd say try
one and see for yourself what you prefer.