Poor Floyd

Old June 30th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Poor Floyd

Yeah, it sucks for all those guys who finally got caught with their
hands in the cookie jar, but I feel the worst for Floyd. I've
maintained for some time now that he's my favorite for the Tour, and
now that most of his major competitors won't be in the race, he's an
even stronger favorite. But, if he wins now, his victory will be
forever tainted by the scandal, as folks will say he only won because
so and so (insert your favorite, Basso, Ullrich, whomever) wasn't
there.

Of course, this presupposes that Floyd won't be caught up in the
frenzy. These days it's hard to speculate as to who will or won't.
Somehow I can't see Floyd caught up in this, but under the
circumstances even that seems like a silly comment.

Scott

p.s. If not Floyd, then I feel badly for whomever wins, for the same
reasons.

Old June 30th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 2006-06-30, Scott wrote:
[...]

I'm worried that he's in the mix too. I mean, Phonak has had its share
of troubles in their short time. So it's hard not to imagine him being
caught up in this too.

Preston
Old June 30th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Scott wrote:

Somehow I can't see Floyd caught up in this, but under the
circumstances even that seems like a silly comment.

Phonak:

GC contender

#1 Botero - Blood dope

next they tried

#2 Hamilton -Blood dope

We go on

#3 Santi Perez - Blood Dope

And we go on

#4 Guttierez - Blood Dope

You seriously doubt that Landis is dirty? He would be Phonaks FIRST GC
cointender without dope. And what to think of someone who stays in that
team... they all doped behind Landis back? I hope you aren't that
naive.

Old June 30th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Where do you find a list of who is on the team rosters that is upto
date?

Old June 30th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Preston Crawford wrote:
On 2006-06-30, Scott wrote:
[...]

They said that about Lance in 1999--that he only won because Pantani
and Ullrich weren't there. And he went on to win 6 more. I think anyone
would be thrilled to win the TdF even in a scandal-ridden year.

#1 Botero - Blood dope

next they tried

#2 Hamilton -Blood dope

We go on

#3 Santi Perez - Blood Dope

And we go on

#4 Guttierez - Blood Dope

You seriously doubt that Landis is dirty? He would be Phonaks FIRST GC
cointender without dope. And what to think of someone who stays in that
team... they all doped behind Landis back? I hope you aren't that
naive.

Landis came from the clean postal system.

Old June 30th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Landis is from good Mennonite stock. As we can see from the list of
names above, only Papists dope.

I wondered why we hadn't seen Ken around here lately. Must be keeping a
low profile to avoid prosecution.

-B

Old June 30th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:49:46 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

Landis is from good Mennonite stock. As we can see from the list of
names above, only Papists and Episcopalians* dope.

Unitarian Universalists dope too, but we usually have some subgroup of
Pagan persuasion that makes it all liturgical. The Wiccas are there as
the deep fallback - but there's gnarly, lumpy stuff in their dope.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old June 30th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Along these lines, when I told my wife the news this morning, she
quipped, "well, then it should be easy for the three remaining riders
to make the podium."

-JR