Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

Old September 5th 11, 11:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 5, 2:33*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 2, 3:47 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

There is some value in comparing the diets of various peoples around the
world with their rates of cancer. But as is well known, comparisons are
extremely difficult for a variety of reasons, the main one being too many
variables involved.
Such studies have been done, but your unwillingness to devote time or

energy to research the matter precludes you from being aware of that.

Such studies are all over the map. There is no consistency among them. You
merely pick the ones that appeal to your prejudices.

AND you would know how pray tell since you by your own admission you
have gone on record to sate that you cant; be bothered doing the
research?

Maybe we should be studying those people who never get cancer and trying
find out why that is?
That has been done too (see my comment above in this regard), and

generally resistance to cancer has been determined to be largely
genetically linked. *If you expect to be taken seriously and listened
to, I'd suggest you first learn before opening talking crap.

Same problem - no consistency because of way too many variables.

See my comment above. The obvious difference in this exchang is that
I have presented fact and you have responded with conjecture.

What you think you know is a mere pittance compared to what the true
experts
know. What are your credentials other than reading a lot of unrelated
health
and medical literature on your own?
My doctors have a much higher opinion of my knowledge in this regard

than you do and needless to say I value their opinion more that
yours. *Whereas, what I know is arguably less than what experts in the
field know, it is also a given that what you know is a mere pittance
in comparison to what I know, so why don't you give it a rest until
you get up to speed?

You have no idea what your doctors really think of your state of knowledge.

An you base you errant opinion stated as fat on one may I ask? But I
do. As I previously state, my urologist has said that he has
conversations with me that he has with none of his other patients.
Why? because I am more informed than his other patients. That's why!
In my medical records, my urologist stated ..."very informed patient
who has done his homework". My radiological oncologist state ... "you
can stop doing your research. You already know more than my
residents. I'd say those are definite indications as to what my
doctors think of my state of knowledge.

Also, most doctors think they know more than they do. The real experts will
tell you that we do not know what causes most cancers.

You have never stated who you consider these "real exoperts" to be ...
research scientists, perhaps? Regardless, evidence continues to
accumulate. Although there is still more to be learned, many of the
cause of cancer have been identified and you' know that if you would
take the time to become informed, but you are too busy stating stating
opinions based on conjecture rather than fats.

If you had studied the social sciences more in college instead of
worthless
subjects like philosophy and religion at Loyola, you would know that we
are
indeed slaves of our culture.
You have no idea what I studied and social sciences were among them.

It is obvious that you didn't benefit from your education which came
to a screeching halt with the receipt of a diploma ... sad that.

I know you went to Loyola because you told me so.

I am not in dispute of where I attended but rather in what ellectives
comprised the subject matter I chose to become acquainted with.

All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on *courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Opinion stated as fact. Catholic colleges and universities are by an
large liberal arts oriented. Loyola certainly is.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 5th 11, 12:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Sep 5, 3:04*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 2, 4:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Nope, simply documenting something does not mean it is true and accepted.
ALL facts are subject to being interpreted and disputed. My contempt for
your so-called facts runneth over!
My contempt for your contempt runneth over. *The facts I presented,

and you deleted, were tested and verified facts of which you are in
denial. *You never have been able to discern the difference between a
fact and an opinion. *Facts are not subject to dispute. *Let the
lecture begin..

Let us NOT begin!

I see that you once again callously deleted that which I wrote and to
which you are responding. This inappropriate and discourteous.
Readers are entitled to know what you are responding to.

You are not qualified to ascertain anything at all about true health and
medical facts.

1. I was talking about you and fact sin general.
2. Having learned what I learned and having learned how little you
know, I dare say that I am much more qualified than are you who are
uninformed by choice.

It takes expertise to do that. All you are reading is
propaganda put forth by know-nothings who have an agenda of their own.

What I am reading is labeled as propaganda by a know nothing pursuing
his own agenda. that much has become evident in this exchange. You
are a completel waste of my time.

They
used to call such types snake oil salesmen who could cure all conditions if
you would only buy their nostrum. The nostrum can be either a product or
information.

Fortunately, for the most part, medical science has progressed beyond
that.

A new character has come along (Dr. Oz) advising that we should all eat meat
and dairy.

MISINFORMATION ALERT!!! Once again you haven't got your facts
straight. It never ceases to amaze me how you speak with such
authority about that which you know so little and often enough even
get things completely WRONG. Could you please extend everyone the
courtesy to get your facts straight and cease misinforming the
readership. Dr .Oz advses against consumption of any food products
source form anything with parents and faces. Dr Oz advocates a plant
based diet.

On the other hand. Ornish is still in business advising against
all such foods. This is mainly in connection with heart disease, but even
less is known about cancer.

The fact is that a Mediterranean diet which is a heart healthy diet is
considered to be a good anti-cancer diet as well.

Final wisdom according to Ed Dolan the Great ... eat whatever you want but
only in moderation!

Might I suggest humble pie? Fell free to eat that in excess. IT will
do us all some good. Wisdom and repetition are not synonyms.
Furthermore, repetition is no substitute for argument.

Diet plays a role because how and what we eat is an important element of
life. However, what is in dispute is how great that role is in the grand
scheme of things. Most people in all previous cultures never lived much
past
the age of 40. Maybe mother nature never intended that we should live to
age
70 or 80?
Much has changed over time *that has contributed to increased

longevity. *There are man y variable that have com into play, not the
least of is advancement in medical sciences, but the role that diet
plays cannot be denied.

The trouble with comparing diets and diseases of various peoples around the
globe is that most of the other variables are not uniform. Hells Bells, most
people in most societies do not get cancer because they do not live long
enough to get it. Same is true for heart disease and most other diseases of
old age. Such statistical comparisons are worthless.

More opinion state as fact by the unenlightened.

Why not talk to your wife and get her input. She is a nurse and knows
things
about life and death that you and I don't.
Why not get your facts straight before embarrassing yourself? *As

usual, you are talking crap again about that which you know nothing.
My wife is a retired IT professional *and a certified therapist ...
not a nurse. *Can't you ever get anything right???

As a therapist, she has seen people in various stages of debilitation and
therefore knows more than you do about the difficulties that go with
impairment and diseased conditions. You are more like me - selfish to the
core and only concerned about yourself. Welcome to the club!

You are confusing the staion of a nurse who primarily administer to
with physical ailments and a therapist who does not. DO NOT flatter
yourself by thinking that we are at all alike. I am nothing like
you. I have never been and never will be as egocentric, self-serving,
self-indulgent and selfish as you are. That is a club to which I
never aspire to become a member.

Old September 5th 11, 02:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 2:33 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Such studies are all over the map. There is no consistency among them. You
merely pick the ones that appeal to your prejudices.

AND you would know how pray tell since you by your own admission you

have gone on record to sate that you cant; be bothered doing the
research?

I do not waste whatever time and energy I have left in this world on what
foods to eat or not to eat since it is all rubbish anyway.
[...]

You have no idea what your doctors really think of your state of
knowledge.

An you base you errant opinion stated as fat on one may I ask? But I

do. As I previously state, my urologist has said that he has
conversations with me that he has with none of his other patients.
Why? because I am more informed than his other patients. That's why!
In my medical records, my urologist stated ..."very informed patient
who has done his homework". My radiological oncologist state ... "you
can stop doing your research. You already know more than my
residents. I'd say those are definite indications as to what my
doctors think of my state of knowledge.

Most patients will not bother to learn anything at all about their disease,
so of course you stand out in that respect. But even so, your doctors would
probably prefer that you leave the practice of medicine to them.

Also, most doctors think they know more than they do. The real experts
will
tell you that we do not know what causes most cancers.

[...]

All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Opinion stated as fact. Catholic colleges and universities are by an

large liberal arts oriented. Loyola certainly is.

Well, they pretend to be liberal arts oriented, but they really are not. All
that ever comes out of Catholic colleges are a lot of students who go on to
law and medical schools, neither of which have anything to do with the
liberal arts. When religion informs everything that is studied, then the
liberals arts are dead and buried. Jesuit institutions are notorious for
their ability to indoctrinate.

Old September 5th 11, 03:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
On Sep 5, 3:04 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Let us NOT begin!

I see that you once again callously deleted that which I wrote and to

which you are responding. This inappropriate and discourteous.
Readers are entitled to know what you are responding to.

Nope, I will steer any discussion that I am involved in my way. You try to
do the same of course, but I am not easily led. I have already told you that
your facts are not my facts.
[...]

They
used to call such types snake oil salesmen who could cure all conditions
if
you would only buy their nostrum. The nostrum can be either a product or
information.

Fortunately, for the most part, medical science has progressed beyond

that.

Yes, medical science, but that is not what is under discussion. What is
under discussion are cultural prejudices about what foods are good for you
and what foods are not good for you. There has been no progress at all about
that. It is why there are hundreds of diets out there, all disagreeing with
one another.

Can you tell me if I should be eating milk with fat in it or skim milk? Only
if you think you know something that is actually not known. Dr Oz says with
fat, Dr. Ornish says without fat. I say ****'em both!

A new character has come along (Dr. Oz) advising that we should all eat
meat
and dairy.

MISINFORMATION ALERT!!! Once again you haven't got your facts

straight. It never ceases to amaze me how you speak with such
authority about that which you know so little and often enough even
get things completely WRONG. Could you please extend everyone the
courtesy to get your facts straight and cease misinforming the
readership. Dr .Oz advses against consumption of any food products
source form anything with parents and faces. Dr Oz advocates a plant
based diet.

I am going by what I heard on the Joe Scarborough show on MSNBC. Dr. Oz
flabergasted motor-mouth Mika by advocating everything that was politically
incorrect as far as she was concerned. By the way, Mika is one of the
dumbest broads on TV.

On the other hand. Ornish is still in business advising against
all such foods. This is mainly in connection with heart disease, but even
less is known about cancer.

The fact is that a Mediterranean diet which is a heart healthy diet is

considered to be a good anti-cancer diet as well.

We do not know that for sure! That is what I am disagreeing about! Ornish is
a quack, but I will admit he is a persuasive quack. Steve Jobs was a
follower of his and he is now dying of pancreatic cancer which may have been
caused by the Ornish diet.

Final wisdom according to Ed Dolan the Great ... eat whatever you want but
only in moderation!

[...]

As a therapist, she has seen people in various stages of debilitation and
therefore knows more than you do about the difficulties that go with
impairment and diseased conditions. You are more like me - selfish to the
core and only concerned about yourself. Welcome to the club!

You are confusing the staion of a nurse who primarily administer to

with physical ailments and a therapist who does not. DO NOT flatter
yourself by thinking that we are at all alike. I am nothing like
you. I have never been and never will be as egocentric, self-serving,
self-indulgent and selfish as you are. That is a club to which I
never aspire to become a member.

You could be the president of such a club and I could be the chairman of the
board. Tom Sherman could be the CEO. We could call our club "The Three
Stooges".

One final hint for Dr. Jim McNamara: Write a diet book about what foods to
eat or not to eat regarding prostate cancer. You will make a fortune and can
give me 15% of what you make for cluing you in.

Old September 5th 11, 03:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Sep 5, 8:32*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 5, 2:33 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Such studies are all over the map. There is no consistency among them. You
merely pick the ones that appeal to your prejudices.
AND you would know how pray tell since you by your own admission you

have gone on record to sate that you cant; be bothered doing the
research?

I do not waste whatever time and energy I have left in this world on what
foods to eat or not to eat since it is all rubbish anyway.

In your opinion you meant to say.

You have no idea what your doctors really think of your state of
knowledge.
An you base you errant opinion stated as fat on one may I ask? *But I

do. *As I previously stated, my urologist has said that he has
conversations with me that he has with none of his other patients.
Why? because I am more informed than his other patients. *That's why!
In my medical records, my urologist stated ..."very informed patient
who has done his homework". *My radiological oncologist state ... "you
can stop doing your research. You already know more than my
residents. *I'd say those are definite indications as to what my
doctors think of my state of knowledge.

Most patients will not bother to learn anything at all about their disease,
so of course you stand out in that respect. But even so, your doctors would
probably prefer that you leave the practice of medicine to them.

Wrong once more. When asked how they felt about having an informed
patient, they were not the least bit troubled. If I got the
impression that a doctor was the least bit insecure an threatened by a
patient being informed, he or show would no longer be my doctor. My
doctors indicated that they welcomed and preferred informed patients
because then they were able to are able to engage in a productive
discussion concerning state of health and treatment options involving
the patient in the process. All of this is so elementary and common
sense approach that it should not even come into question.

[...]

More errant opinion unsupported by facts or evidence??? The term
liberal arts refers to a curriculum that imparts general knowledge and
develops the student’s rational thought and intellectual capabilities,
unlike the professional, vocational, and technical curricula
emphasizing specialization. Contemporary liberal arts comprise
studying literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and
science. They were all part of my curriculum. By the way, not all my
teachers were Jesuits. Loyola employs lay teachers as well, but I
digress. I feel that I got a very good education regardless of what
you have to say.

Interesting how you chose to use the term indoctrinate since that
appears to be one of your objectives in newgropus and you do a mighty
poor job of it I have to say.

Old September 5th 11, 04:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
[...]

Doctors prefer not to discuss anything with their patients. All they want is
that the patient follow their instructions and take their advice on
procedures and medications.
[...]

Well, they pretend to be liberal arts oriented, but they really are not.
All
that ever comes out of Catholic colleges are a lot of students who go on
law and medical schools, neither of which have anything to do with the
liberal arts. When religion informs everything that is studied, then the
liberals arts are dead and buried. Jesuit institutions are notorious for
their ability to indoctrinate.

More errant opinion unsupported by facts or evidence??? The term

liberal arts refers to a curriculum that imparts general knowledge and
develops the student’s rational thought and intellectual capabilities,
unlike the professional, vocational, and technical curricula
emphasizing specialization. Contemporary liberal arts comprise
studying literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and
science [also art and music]. They were all part of my curriculum. By the
way, not all my
teachers were Jesuits. Loyola employs lay teachers as well, but I
digress. I feel that I got a very good education regardless of what
you have to say.

Any teacher employed in a Jesuit institution will have to kowtow to the
prevailing philosophy, or at least not go against it. It is possible to take
a liberals arts course and that it not be in the least liberal, most
especially if it is informed and constrained by religion.

Interesting how you chose to use the term indoctrinate since that

appears to be one of your objectives in newsgroups and you do a mighty
poor job of it I have to say.

My whole philosophy is to create skepticism about everything that is
so-called 'known' under the sun. I leave dissension and consternation in my
wake wherever I go. I am especially death on political correctness. That is
what I do a good job at.

Old September 6th 11, 01:50 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
T°m Sherm@n

On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old September 6th 11, 04:30 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

""T°m Sherm@n"" " wrote in message
On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on courses like
religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

This would normally get a reply from me since I am a natural born ass
kicker, but I think Jim McNamara does not have my killer instinct. He proved
that much with the Ed Gin episode on ARBR from some years ago. After all, he
is married and has two dogs. He is not single and a cat person like you and
me.

Old September 6th 11, 06:11 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Sep 5, 7:50*pm, "T°m Sherm@n" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 9/5/2011 2:33 AM, Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
I know you went to Loyola because you told me so. All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on *courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Most Loyola (Chicago) students, faculty and staff end up on LSD at one
time or another.

I must be the exception then if you mean lysergic acid diethylamide.
If you are referring to campus residence ... lake shore dormitory, I
attended as a commuter.

Old September 6th 11, 06:39 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

On Sep 5, 10:30*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
""T°m Sherm@n"" " wrote in message

[...]

Same old tiresome masticated and regurgitated nonsense from the purvey
of bull****, but that is what I have come to expect form Dolan. Ed
continues to remain is obviously still hung up on Ed Gin. Hardly a
month passes without Ed invoking his name and dredging up the past
where he obviously continues to reside, stuck in a time warp.
Delusional Ed apparently thinks that being single and a cat person is
some kind of elevated stature in life. First off, no woman would ever
put up with the likes of Dolan and and in the second place once again
Ed has his facts wrong. I have had a cat in the past. As far as ass
kicking goes, from behind the safe confines of keyboard and
monitor ... well, there's just not much in it really since not an
ounce of courage is required.

freedom cycle forum craig General 0 December 28th 06 08:52 AM
Insight into phases of the internet forum ... A Perspective JimmyMac Recumbent Biking 6 November 1st 06 06:45 PM
Stupid internet geek posting in this forum. Paulie-AU Australia 0 September 28th 06 02:12 AM
Some insight into the life and phases of a mailing list ... A Perspective [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 February 10th 05 11:49 PM
Internet only cycle store? [email protected] UK 6 December 23rd 04 09:23 AM