CSC dilemma

Old July 3rd 05, 06:45 AM
Tim Lines

Raptor wrote:
Tim Lines wrote:

This makes sense to me. I'd hate to see them put in a lot of unaided
team effort for Zabriskie.

It occurs to me that few breaks could stay (far) away from D. Zabriskie,
especially if he has any help.

Are you saying that you believe that Zabriskie could chase down a well
functioning break single handed?

Today's result notwithstanding, that's an awfully bold claim.
Old July 3rd 05, 07:05 AM
sonarrat

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Dumbasses -

Their goal was to have Basso challenge LANCE for the jersey.

Good plan considering his ride last year and what he displayed in the
Giro this year.

Problem is, now how hard do they defend Zabriskie's jersey? If they use
up the team defending it, it makes it harder for them to protect Basso
later on.

Zabriskie's got a fat lead over everyone but LANCE.

It's a good problem to have, I suppose.

It's going to be a kick having Z in yellow. I bet he spends the entire
stage tomorrow on the front.
Old July 3rd 05, 08:02 AM
TM

"Jack Hollis" wrote in message

is a fools errand.

You've come to the right place.

Old July 3rd 05, 01:31 PM
Tim Mullin

sonarrat wrote in
:

Lotto, CA and FDJ are not remarkably great at controlling the peloton.

Thow Quick Step in with the teams working for the sprint. Your basic
assesment is correct, but I gotta think that these teams will work together
enoungh to keep a lid on things.

Old July 3rd 05, 01:44 PM
trg

"sonarrat" a écrit dans le message de news:
| Tim Mullin wrote:
| "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in
| oups.com:
|

| Problem is, now how hard do they defend Zabriskie's jersey?
|

| They don't have to. It's flat up to the TTT. The sprinter's teams will
keep
| it all together until then.
|
| What sprinters' teams? Fassa Bortolo and T-Mobile are the strong
| sprinters' teams, and they left their sprinters at home. Cancellara
| says he wants to get the jersey.. but he won't get it from bonus seconds
| in sprints. Even Petacchi couldn't manage that from his current position.
|
| Lotto, CA and FDJ are not remarkably great at controlling the peloton.

How would you know? They never have to thanks to Fassa; but I'm sure they're
up to the task. QSD and LOT may not be able to set up a train like Fassa,
but they will have no problem reeling in a break to give Boonen and McEwen
their shot. Plus, they'll have CSC doing the early work to keep any break
from getting too far out to reel back in.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:11 PM
Raptor

Tim Lines wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Tim Lines wrote:

This makes sense to me. I'd hate to see them put in a lot of unaided
team effort for Zabriskie.

It occurs to me that few breaks could stay (far) away from D.
Zabriskie, especially if he has any help.

Are you saying that you believe that Zabriskie could chase down a well
functioning break single handed?

Today's result notwithstanding, that's an awfully bold claim.

Bold but not impossible. He single-handedly held off the chasing field
in the Vuelta last year, albeit given a huge gap. Alone on an aero bike,
he averages well over 30 mph. Yes, a determined, strong chase or
breakaway can go faster, but it's remarkable what a strong TT rider can
do to a gap.

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:53 PM
sonarrat

Tim Mullin wrote:
sonarrat wrote in
:

Lotto, CA and FDJ are not remarkably great at controlling the peloton.

Thow Quick Step in with the teams working for the sprint. Your basic
assesment is correct, but I gotta think that these teams will work together
enoungh to keep a lid on things.

OK, Quick Step is better, even if they have already badly alienated
Sinkewitz and Rogers. OT but Lefevre is absolutely, absolutely stupid
to cast his riders off like refuse the moment they show that they're
human. What a dick!
Old July 4th 05, 09:51 AM
Donald Munro

Tim Mullin wrote:
Thow Quick Step in with the teams working for the sprint.

Particularly with Boonen wanting the green jersey in Paris. I womder how
he's going to perform in the mountains though.

A patching dilemma... Matt O'Toole Techniques 39 January 16th 05 06:09 PM
Rust Dilemma bicycle Techniques 3 December 30th 04 12:59 AM
My dilemma. Sigurd Unicycling 5 September 9th 04 08:17 AM
Ken Papai dilemma - Found!! Steven Bornfeld Racing 5 August 4th 04 07:07 PM
Dilemma - ITM Millenium fork on Specialized Sirrus Colin Boyd UK 5 October 17th 03 08:05 PM