Derailler problem

Old March 30th 08, 11:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB[_2_]

Default Derailler problem

For some time now I've had a problem with the derailler on my road bike
(Tiagra). Around the middle gears it has a habit of jumping between
gears. I've replaced cassette and chain but discovered mid-race
yesterday that it is still happening. On the bike stand it seems to be
adjusted fine with no jumping, but under pressure, ie. standing on the
pedals going uphill, is when it happens again. Anyone have any ideas?

DaveB
Old March 31st 08, 12:37 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Henderson

DaveB wrote:

For some time now I've had a problem with the derailler on my
road bike (Tiagra). Around the middle gears it has a habit of
jumping between gears. I've replaced cassette and chain but
discovered mid-race
yesterday that it is still happening. On the bike stand it
seems to be adjusted fine with no jumping, but under pressure,
ie. standing on the pedals going uphill, is when it happens
again. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe this: http://sheldonbrown.com/autoshift.html

John

Clamp-on derailler Brendan Halpin UK 9 October 15th 07 02:53 PM
Derailler Problem. Neil Smith UK 8 December 1st 06 11:55 AM
derailler question Steve W UK 1 December 13th 04 06:07 PM
derailler question Steve W Recumbent Biking 7 December 13th 04 04:40 PM
Will an LX derailler work better? [email protected] Techniques 6 October 12th 04 02:56 AM