New book associates Armstrong with doping (allegedly)

Old June 13th 04, 05:35 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

Default New book associates Armstrong with doping (allegedly)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0&e=1&ncid=707
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...245&se t_id=6

Don't know anything about it, just found these links.
Old June 13th 04, 05:52 PM
psycholist

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0&e=1&ncid=707

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...245&se t_id=6

Don't know anything about it, just found these links.

Aren't David Walsh and L'Equippe the ones who have constantly led smear
campaigns against Armstrong based on nothing but rumor and innuendo for
years not? I don't know about this Emma O'Reilly person, but this all
smacks of the same old crap to me. Someone wants to sell their book so they
leak this stuff right before the TdF 'cuz they know the drama will boost
sales. I'm way more suspicious of the authors than I am of Armstrong.

Besides, I've watched every second of The Lance Commercials on OLN and I've
never seen him do dope even once.

Bob C.

Old June 13th 04, 05:58 PM
psycholist

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0&e=1&ncid=707

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...245&se t_id=6

Don't know anything about it, just found these links.

And isn't this more sensationalist journalism? They report that he tested
positive for the corticoid a few years back, but wasn't sanctioned. But
wasn't that just an ointment used for saddle sores? Wasn't the positive
result WAY, WAY below the allowed limit by the UCI. Weren't those results
that shouldn't have ever been made public in the first place? Wasn't part
of that problem an intepretation problem where the French doesn't translate
the term "used" (as in I used a cream with corticoid ... vs. I "took" a
cream with corticoid ... ) And yet here they are raising it yet again as if
it's evidence that he's been caught doping in the past. It's shameful
sensationalism. But now we can be sure that Lance will have tens of
thousands of drunk Frenchies yelling "dopey" at him again this year. That
really served them well the last time it happened.

Bob C.

Old June 13th 04, 06:57 PM
Richard Adams

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0&e=1&ncid=707
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...245&se t_id=6

Don't know anything about it, just found these links.

Sounds like more people raking muck and trying to make some loot through
selling allegations.

Old June 13th 04, 07:23 PM
B. Lafferty

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...0&e=1&ncid=707

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click...245&se t_id=6

Don't know anything about it, just found these links.

Emma was there and even had some write ups done about her in either Cycle
Sport or Pro Cycling. She seemed pretty low key and was apparently well
like by the riders and staff.

Old June 13th 04, 07:49 PM
Leona Helmsley

It's always the little people who do us famous ones in. Look at that
snivling little maid and that flunky junior accountant who tattled on me!
Next thing you know that ungrateful bitch of an ex wife will be telling lies
about Lance.

Old June 13th 04, 07:56 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:49:09 GMT, Leona Helmsley wrote:
It's always the little people who do us famous ones in.

Great make-over, Brian:
http://www.gawker.com/thumbs/lhelmsley2-thumb.jpeg
Old June 13th 04, 08:03 PM
Richard Adams

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:49:09 GMT, Leona Helmsley wrote:

It's always the little people who do us famous ones in.

Great make-over, Brian:
http://www.gawker.com/thumbs/lhelmsley2-thumb.jpeg

"The last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it." - Rodney
Dangerfield

Old June 13th 04, 08:06 PM
B. Lafferty

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 18:49:09 GMT, Leona Helmsley wrote:
It's always the little people who do us famous ones in.

Great make-over, Brian:
http://www.gawker.com/thumbs/lhelmsley2-thumb.jpeg

I actually had the "good" fortune to witness one of her little tirades on
the upper East Side many years ago. Aparently, her driver was too slow
getting around to open her limo door.

Old June 13th 04, 08:08 PM
B. Lafferty

Here's more about Emma.