Sea to Shining Sea Support

Old March 26th 09, 07:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Sea to Shining Sea Support

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
m...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:T7OdnbdU5aTcAlbUnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@prairiewave. com...

[...]
I can appreciate an active music scene (provided it is mostly classical
music), but if cost of living doesn't matter, I would just as soon live
in a nice large apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. When you
get to be my age, cycling becomes quite unimportant.

Even if cycling is unimportant, for me, climate isn't. I need warm and
dry. NY is cold and wet and besides, I hate the upper east side. You
couldn't pay me to live in Manhattan anymore.

I don't think New Yorkers (the kind that live on the Upper East Side) are
much into anything out of doors. They only come out of their dwellings at
night in order to take in shows and other cultural entertainments. Their
whole idea of nature is Central Park.

I suspect Jeff is West Side (West End Ave. no doubt). It is still an
impressive area, but it has seen better days. Even back in the 60's, it was
getting run down. Again, if money is no object, why not live at the Waldorf
Astoria like Nixon did, although the Plaza is better located.

When I last lived in New York City (Brooklyn), I was never even conscious of
the weather. The TV stations here in Minnesota sometimes spend 10 minutes on
the weather. In New York City the weather was hardly even mentioned on the
local TV stations. Why bother since everyone is always indoors anyway except
for brief scurries for taxis or to the subway stations.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 27th 09, 04:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Default OT - Cats

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
JimmyMac and I just live to annoy one another. He has his 2 dogs and a
wife and I have my 12 cats. Who is to say who is the dumber?

Where and how does one sleep with 12 cats? I have enough trouble finding
space with just 2.

When you have this many cats, you go to them. They are not allowed to come
to me. Also, they are confined to various parts of the house, basement and
porch which I seldom visit. Most of them came here as stray cats, but it
does not take long for their numbers to increase. Cats breed worse than
humans.

Neutering cats is better for their long term health (physical and
mental), and eliminates annoying behavior (spraying and fighting by
males, howling during estrus by females).

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 27th 09, 05:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
When you have this many cats, you go to them. They are not allowed to
come to me. Also, they are confined to various parts of the house,
basement and porch which I seldom visit. Most of them came here as stray
cats, but it does not take long for their numbers to increase. Cats breed
worse than humans.

Neutering cats is better for their long term health (physical and mental),
and eliminates annoying behavior (spraying and fighting by males, howling
during estrus by females).

The above is what you will hear from most vets too, but I tend to disagree.

Have you ever had an anti-hormone shot in your life? What it does is neuter
you and give you hot flashes which go on forever so long as you stay
neutered. I think it is quite cruel to neuter an animal. It is like you are
taking their life right out of them. I doubt it contributes anything to
either their physical or mental health.

My male cats do not fight among themselves and they can spray to their
heart's content in the areas in which they are permitted. Believe it or not,
I can't smell a thing! And my female cats get along with one another just
fine and only get into a bit of howling rarely. You do have to keep the
males and females separated at all times, but I like animals to be normal
just like I am. Cats live by the grace of man, but I want them to have their
own lives regardless of how it might sometimes inconvenience me.

Old March 31st 09, 02:30 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:Uq2dnQpSi5K2WFbUnZ2dnUVZ_huWnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

I suspect Jeff is West Side (West End Ave. no doubt). It is still an
impressive area, but it has seen better days. Even back in the 60's, it
was getting run down. Again, if money is no object, why not live at the
Waldorf Astoria like Nixon did, although the Plaza is better located.

I suspect Jeff isn't Manhattan at all. If money were no object, I suspect
Jeff would live near a small city like Austin, that offers a variety of
things that I'm interested in. Being close to a long rail trail is a plus
but I could live without it. I have it on good authority that Jeff is pretty
tired of living someplace that has winters and NYC has lost much of its
charm for me. I could be a smartass Texas Jew just as easily as I've been a
smartass New York Jew. Besides that, Austin has an Ethical Society, which
these days, is really my religion.

Jeff

Old March 31st 09, 09:14 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

[...]

This is to advise Jeff Grippe, formerly a smart ass New York Jew, soon to be
a smart ass Texas Jew, that Ed Dolan the Great, aka Saint Edward the Great,
thinks any and all ethical societies are for the birds. I suppose liberals
like them because it makes them feel good, but the world is motivated solely
by anger and hatred. He needs to read more about Jehovah slaughtering the
enemies of Israel (Bible - Old Testament) and less about feel good, do good
nonsense. The only thing worse than ethical societies is unitarianism.

If Jeff Grippe continues with these outrages, Saint Edward the Great is
likely to report him to the Spanish Inquisition.

Old March 31st 09, 11:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_3_]

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
If Jeff Grippe continues with these outrages, Saint Edward the Great is
likely to report him to the Spanish Inquisition.

I wasn't expecting a kind of Spanish Inquisition!

Old April 1st 09, 08:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:6eGdncdA1vwRI07UnZ2dnUVZ_oKWnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

We are casual cyber acquaintances who can at least tolerate one another.
But that is saying something because most of our lives we spend most of
our time loathing our fellow man. Again, just ask Tom Sherman.

Oh Ed, you wound me. Believe me, I have good close friends who get a lot
less attention then you do. I've already been through the loathing stage
with you and I figured out that I was misguided. I've moved on to friend.
Cyber acquaintance my eye! But then, I always reserve the right to be
completely full of it and wrong. Death to seriousness! Thanks for helping me
remember that lesson.

Jeff

Old April 4th 09, 02:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message
m...

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news:6eGdncdA1vwRI07UnZ2dnUVZ_oKWnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

We are casual cyber acquaintances who can at least tolerate one another.
But that is saying something because most of our lives we spend most of
our time loathing our fellow man. Again, just ask Tom Sherman.

Oh Ed, you wound me. Believe me, I have good close friends who get a lot
less attention then you do. I've already been through the loathing stage
with you and I figured out that I was misguided. I've moved on to friend.
Cyber acquaintance my eye! But then, I always reserve the right to be
completely full of it and wrong. Death to seriousness! Thanks for helping
me remember that lesson.

Jeff

I think Jeff Grippe is a kindred spirit after all. He puts up with my
nonsense better than most.

Usenet newsgroups are not for any kind of seriousness. They are a playground
for mischievous types like myself. Indeed, death to seriousness!

Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB Rides 1 March 17th 09 08:12 PM
Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB General 7 March 1st 09 11:31 PM
Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB Social Issues 1 February 23rd 09 12:32 PM
Another shining example of Henry! ST[_2_] Racing 9 September 9th 08 05:29 PM
Shining Bright American cars Red Cloud General 39 June 5th 04 02:34 PM