Sea to Shining Sea Support

Old March 3rd 09, 01:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Sea to Shining Sea Support

-RB who? wrote:
[...]
Ed Dolan, now that I’ve seen what you look like this is truly
hilarious. From this photo of your fat gut I can say with gross
certainty you are not qualified enough to say anyone is mad or
foolish. Look in a mirror for a change buddy to see just how strange
you are to real cyclists. You in the end are the biggest fool. You
are a heart attack waiting to happen. I for one will not be flat out
on my back in a rolling lawn chair.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...60026&po=-1&c=
[...]

THAT IS NOT ED DOLAN!

Someone posted that photograph as being Ed Dolan as a bad joke back in
2004. See
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/edaf18ebb6517b10?hl=en&dmode=source.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old March 3rd 09, 03:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"-RB" wrote in message
On Feb 24, 7:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This is the kind of madness that seems like a good idea when you are
comfy
in your home, well fed and healthy. But once embarked upon, it soon
becomes the folly that it is. The only part of the trip that will be the
least bit enjoyable will be the RAGBRAI segment. The rest of the trip
will
be a misery. These guys are old enough to know better, but I suppose some
folks are just slow learners. By the way, 75 miles a day is a more
realistic estimate. Only a fool would strive for 130 miles a day!

This kind of display is strange to me. A guy thinks he can’t do it so
therefore, no one can do it. I think a very lot of men, and women,
live in the small space of 1.3 liters. That is the size of the
average human cranium. This is not to say these people are not
intelligent, or can’t learn, or cannot do what others do. It’s just
they cannot believe anything past what they can imagine themselves
doing at this moment in time or any time in the future. In this
mindset they will never do more than what the know today, right this
minute. They’ve given up on themselves and won’t even try to go a
step farther. These people are the very unfortunate naysayers.

At long last, another jackass shows up on this newsgroup to amuse and
entertain me! As long as we are on the size of brains, let me nominate you
for having the smallest one yet ever to display itself on ARBR. If it were
any smaller, it would no doubt self destruct from the merest glimmer of a
thought . I wonder, are you some kind of evolutionary throwback perhaps?

I’m a veteran of more than two dozen randonee style 200K rides, all
involved high mountains, all in the last 4 years. In the Sierras, The
Death Ride 3 years consecutive, 16,000’ of climbing, 125 miles in one
day, done before dinner. In France, Mont Ventoux, three times in one
day, done before sundown and dinner. Two weeks recently in the French
Alps with every day over 100 miles that included all the major climbs
in that week, Alp d’Huez, Glandon, Croix de Fir, Telegraph, Galibier,
Lauturet, Mallard, Le Deux Alps…the full Le Marmot route. I’ve easily
ridden 80 to 100 miles at 20 MPH. Usually with no stopping till mile
70. My after work rides alone are between 60 and 70 miles before
dark.

So why don't you race until your brains drop out of your head? Why bother
the honorable members of this noble newsgroup with your harebrained notion
of riding across the country at 130 miles per day? Jeez, you surely must
have been born yesterday!

Ed Dolan, now that I’ve seen what you look like this is truly
hilarious. From this photo of your fat gut I can say with gross
certainty you are not qualified enough to say anyone is mad or
foolish. Look in a mirror for a change buddy to see just how strange
you are to real cyclists. You in the end are the biggest fool. You
are a heart attack waiting to happen. I for one will not be flat out
on my back in a rolling lawn chair.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...060026&po=-1&c

Only jerks and nerds go to links on this newsgroup. We all learned our
lesson many years ago when we were also bothered by several assholes just
like you.They were known as Monkey Islanders. If you want to know about
them Tom Sherman of this newsgroup can tell you all about them. He was dumb
enough to be amused by them.

During July, the sun will be up for 14.5 hours every day. My normal
pace is 16/17 MPH in mountains or not; I’ll only be rolling for 7.5 to
8.25 hours. I’ll have plenty of time to stop and see all that I care
to see off the bike. If you are reading this post and thinking you
may have a fun time with us, please do not let the little minded fat
gut trolls sway you. You and only you really know what you can do.
Let’s go ride!!

I hope you get hit and run over by an 18 wheeler. By the way, what ****ing
woman would ever be stupid enough to accompany you on your harebrained
ride? You must be a real work of art to have been able to talk her into it.

Now go **** yourself and quit bothering the honorable members of this noble
newsgroup.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

aka

Old March 3rd 09, 03:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
-RB wrote:

This kind of display is strange to me.

Then I guess you've not come across Ed before... He can't climb at all
well on his recumbent, so "therefore" nobody else can, as another example.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Note the signature above. Need I say more!

Old March 3rd 09, 03:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
-RB who? wrote:
[...]
Ed Dolan, now that I’ve seen what you look like this is truly
hilarious. From this photo of your fat gut I can say with gross
certainty you are not qualified enough to say anyone is mad or
foolish. Look in a mirror for a change buddy to see just how strange
you are to real cyclists. You in the end are the biggest fool. You
are a heart attack waiting to happen. I for one will not be flat out
on my back in a rolling lawn chair.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...60026&po=-1&c=
[...]

THAT IS NOT ED DOLAN!

Someone posted that photograph as being Ed Dolan as a bad joke back in
2004. See
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/edaf18ebb6517b10?hl=en&dmode=source.

Tom Sherman prides himself as being some kind of historian for this
newsgroup, never realizing for a moment that this newsgroup is too stupid
ever to merit a historian, even one so lowly as Mr. Sherman.

Old March 3rd 09, 03:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"-RB" wrote in message
On Feb 24, 7:43 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This is the kind of madness that seems like a good idea when you are
comfy
in your home, well fed and healthy. But once embarked upon, it soon
becomes the folly that it is. The only part of the trip that will be the
least bit enjoyable will be the RAGBRAI segment. The rest of the trip
will
be a misery. These guys are old enough to know better, but I suppose some
folks are just slow learners. By the way, 75 miles a day is a more
realistic estimate. Only a fool would strive for 130 miles a day!

[...]

During July, the sun will be up for 14.5 hours every day. My normal
pace is 16/17 MPH in mountains or not; I’ll only be rolling for 7.5 to
8.25 hours.

Well, right there is where you have got it most awfully wrong. 10 mph is a
good steady speed and you never want to go for more than 6 hours a day.
That will get you down the road 60 miles each day with lots of spare time
for contemplating your navel.

I’ll have plenty of time to stop and see all that I care
to see off the bike.

Apparently you do not care to see much. Why not just stay home. That is
actually a better place for contemplating your navel anyway.

If you are reading this post and thinking you
may have a fun time with us, please do not let the little minded fat
gut trolls sway you. You and only you really know what you can do.
Let’s go ride!!

I am charging you with cruelty to your female companion. Any guy who would
subject a female to the kind of ride you are proposing ought to be taken
out and horsewhipped. Have you no shame!

Old March 3rd 09, 07:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
-RB

On Mar 2, 6:38*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"-RB" wrote in message

[...]

Trolls, there is one in every crowd. Why moderators put up with guys
like Dolan I'll never know. Ed, grow a dick and women will follow you
anywhere. I should have known better than to post on a recumbent
site. BTW: One of your detractors sent me that pick to show me what
an expert like yourself looks like. Even if it's the wrong photo,
that is your face now.
Old March 3rd 09, 10:36 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

-RB wrote:
[...]
Trolls, there is one in every crowd. Why moderators put up with guys
like Dolan I'll never know.

There is no moderator for this group.

Ed, grow a dick and women will follow you
anywhere. I should have known better than to post on a recumbent
site. BTW: One of your detractors sent me that pick to show me what
an expert like yourself looks like. Even if it's the wrong photo,
that is your face now.

Of course it is the wrong photograph.

Old March 3rd 09, 10:36 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"-RB" wrote in message
On Mar 2, 6:38 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"-RB" wrote in message

[...]

[...]

Assholes! There is one on every newsgroup. But we here at ARBR are
blessed with multiple assholes. Sorry RB, but you have got lots of
competition. I urge you to come out of your shell and express yourself
more fully so that we can see just exactly what kind of an asshole you
are. Not all assholes are the same. Some are way more ****ty than others.

Your reference to your dick gives us a clue, but it is not nearly enough.
The main thing I want to know is if your female companion on your
marathon bike ride across the country is your wife or your whore. We need
to know if we are going to make any progress.

It would also help if you would give us your full name. I am very good at
deciphering what is in a name, but I have noted that assholes never use
their real names on Usenet. They invariably use initials or some other
gobbledygook.

Old March 3rd 09, 10:48 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
-RB wrote:
[...]
Trolls, there is one in every crowd. Why moderators put up with guys
like Dolan I'll never know.

There is no moderator for this group.

Ed, grow a dick and women will follow you
anywhere. I should have known better than to post on a recumbent
site. BTW: One of your detractors sent me that pick to show me what
an expert like yourself looks like. Even if it's the wrong photo,
that is your face now.

Of course it is the wrong photograph.

RB would have to write an explanation of why I would ever have any reason to
go to a link of his. What he would really like to able to do of course is
simply to post pictures on Usenet like the Monkey Islanders did on their
website. Such types never seem to realize how tiresome such juvenilia is.

I think it shows altogether more intelligence to be able to insult and
detract via words alone. Pictures are for the verbally deprived and the dumb
at heart.

Old March 4th 09, 03:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 15:48:28 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
-RB wrote:
[...]
[...]

AGREED Ed!!!!!
__o | Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....
_`\(,_ | I no longer despair for the human race.

Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB Rides 1 March 17th 09 08:12 PM
Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB General 7 March 1st 09 11:31 PM
Sea to Shining Sea Support -RB Social Issues 1 February 23rd 09 12:32 PM
Another shining example of Henry! ST[_2_] Racing 9 September 9th 08 05:29 PM
Shining Bright American cars Red Cloud General 39 June 5th 04 02:34 PM