Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

Old December 4th 11, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper[_2_]

Default Should young pedestrians be made to wear cycle helmets?

On 04/12/2011 07:39, Doug wrote:

Don’t be so stupid Doug.

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.
Old December 4th 11, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 04/12/2011 11:35, Paul - xxx wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.
====================================

And you like Mr. Mason so you consider it acceptable for him to make
off-topic posts but not Doug. That's not very even-handed is it?

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think his
heart is in the right place for the group ..

Just a shame his brain isn't...

University
Old December 5th 11, 03:17 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 4, 11:35*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think his
heart is in the right place for the group ..

I only posted loads of on topic stuff to deal with the trolls at
first.
Since they have learned not to reply to all of my copy and paste stuff
I have no need to bombard the group any more as my tactics have worked
and the troll activity is drastically reducued.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 5th 11, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 05/12/2011 03:17, Simon Mason wrote:
On Dec 4, 11:35 am, "Paul - wrote:

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think his
heart is in the right place for the group ..

I only posted loads of on topic stuff to deal with the trolls at
first.

Captain Trollbuster!

Since they have learned not to reply to all of my copy and paste stuff
I have no need to bombard the group any more as my tactics have worked
and the troll activity is drastically reducued.

Nobody replied because it was ****e. Us trolls prosper, we just take
the **** out of you & you can't see it.

"La, la, la la, la "

Ze Plane! Ze Plane!

University
Old December 5th 11, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

On 04/12/2011 11:35, Paul - xxx wrote:
Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Mr. Benn wrote:

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.
=============================

Please can you also remind the other poster who posts off-topic
material to do the same.

No.

I dislike Doug intensely.
====================================

And you like Mr. Mason so you consider it acceptable for him to
make off-topic posts but not Doug. That's not very even-handed
is it?

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think
his heart is in the right place for the group ..

Just a shame his brain isn't...

It's far closer than your is.

--
Paul - xxx
"You know, all I wanna do is race .. and all I wanna do is win"
Old December 5th 11, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

On Dec 4, 11:35*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think
his heart is in the right place for the group ..

I only posted loads of on topic stuff to deal with the trolls at
first.
Since they have learned not to reply to all of my copy and paste stuff
I have no need to bombard the group any more as my tactics have worked
and the troll activity is drastically reducued.

Heh, I didn't mean the first sentence to be disparaging to you at all,
I don't actually 'like' anyone on usenet. I _DO_ actively dislike a
few and abhor just a couple .. most posters I'm ambivalent to because I
_know_ very few. Those I do like I have also met IRL and can make a
more balanced judgement about. I have never had any issue with your
posting, whether the amount or the quality .. I have sometimes
disagreed with you, and you with me, but that's argument and
disagreement, and can be discussed relatively humanely and politely,
it's certainly not hostility .. which I think is the difference between
most normal people and the likes of JMS, NuxxBar, Handyman et al who
come here simply to wind cyclists up, they play like children. (well,
'cept for NB who's a complete ****wit)

I'll reply or post articles to, for and in response to anyone who I
feel like, or whose article sparks something in me or affects me. If
that means I post with the views of a cyclist, so be it, if I post as
an off-roading 4x4 driver, then so be it, if I post as a caravan towing
holidaymaker, then so be it, I often post just as however I feel that
day, regardless of what I normally feel, or the group to which I'm
posting ...

I'm not just one 'thing' I have many spheres of influence in my life
and would hate to think I'm being pigeon-holed .. especially in real
life .. but Usenet's mostly just fun and an 'extra' interaction with
people of mostly differing views to my normal sets of friends.

Old December 5th 11, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Dec 4, 11:35 am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

No, I don't know enough of Simon to say I like him, but I certainly
don't dislike him and he posts a shed-load more on-topic stuff than
many others in here so I don't worry about other stuff as I think his
heart is in the right place for the group ..

I only posted loads of on topic stuff to deal with the trolls at
first.
Since they have learned not to reply to all of my copy and paste stuff
I have no need to bombard the group any more as my tactics have worked
and the troll activity is drastically reducued.

People didn't respond because most of the posts from you were utter ****e -
of little interest to anyone but yourself. Do you really think people are
interested in what you had for breakfast? That is clearly off-topic for a
group which is meant to be about cycling, not your diet or stories clearly
chosen by you to demonise drivers.

You were and still are one of the biggest trolls in this newsgroup.

How is your legal action going against your opponents?

Old December 5th 11, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Dec 5, 10:35*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

I'm not just one 'thing' I have many spheres of influence in my life
and would hate to think I'm being pigeon-holed .. especially in real
life .. but Usenet's mostly just fun and an 'extra' interaction with
people of mostly differing views to my normal sets of friends.

Same here, I will engage with anybody who is civil and reasonable, but
will not put up with constant foul personal verbal attacks as they are
just tiresome to read.
And of course, malicious letters to my employer will be dealt with by
the relevant authorities.

--
Simon Mason
Old December 5th 11, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_4_]

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Dec 5, 10:35 am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

I'm not just one 'thing' I have many spheres of influence in my life
and would hate to think I'm being pigeon-holed .. especially in real
life .. but Usenet's mostly just fun and an 'extra' interaction with
people of mostly differing views to my normal sets of friends.

Same here, I will engage with anybody who is civil and reasonable, but
will not put up with constant foul personal verbal attacks as they are
just tiresome to read.
And of course, malicious letters to my employer will be dealt with by
the relevant authorities.

As you keep telling us and telling us and telling us and telling us ........

Old December 6th 11, 06:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_12_]

On 4-Dec-2011, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

Doug wrote:

Nothing related to cycling.

Doug, **** OFF.

You are wrong of course, as usual. Helmets are related to cycling. Some
people want cyclists to be made to wear helmets, in which case it logically
follows that other persons at risk should wear them too. In fact, if it is
obligatory for cyclists to wear helmets than everyone else who is out and
about on our roads should be made to wear them also. If helmets can be shown
to save lives then why not make everyone wear them? We are used to pavement
motorists crashing into houses while putting pedestrians and pavement
cyclists at serious risk and that is reason enough surely? Nowhere is safe
from crashing motorists.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net