On or Off topic, and why feed the trolls?

Old October 16th 04, 08:09 PM
John Smith

Default On or Off topic, and why feed the trolls?

Hello all,

I have been a long time lurker of this group and I find that I can't
keep quite any longer. It didn't take very long for me to put Mr. Dolan
on my ignore list. I found most of his comments to be inflamitory and
generally not condusive to to an open public forum like this.

So I put him on my 'ignore' list. No more Mr. Dolan, my headache has
been eliminated. He is still entitled to his opinion, I feel no need to
flame him, but I would rather not read his discourse.

BUT, it seems like a lot of people here are unable to stop feeding the
trolls. So I end up reading most of Eds post because the people that
are replying to him include his comments in their reply.

My request to the group; If you do feel the need to continue reading
and responding to Mr. Dolan's comments, could you please refrain from
quoting him in your posts.

In an attempt to get this forum back on topic and away from politics;

I am still researching which 'bent I plan on buying, (Spring 2005 will
be my purchase date) What Bike computer does everybody use, and what do
you like/dislike about it?
Old October 17th 04, 03:53 AM
Edward Dolan

"John Smith" wrote in message
Hello all,

I have been a long time lurker of this group and I find that I can't keep
quite any longer. It didn't take very long for me to put Mr. Dolan on my
ignore list. I found most of his comments to be inflamitory and generally
not condusive to to an open public forum like this.

One man's opinion - and that is all it is.

So I put him on my 'ignore' list. No more Mr. Dolan, my headache has been
eliminated. He is still entitled to his opinion, I feel no need to flame
him, but I would rather not read his discourse.

Based on what he has said so far, the feeling is mutual, but I do not kill
file anyone. That is the coward's way out.

BUT, it seems like a lot of people here are unable to stop feeding the
trolls. So I end up reading most of Eds post because the people that are
replying to him include his comments in their reply.

My request to the group; If you do feel the need to continue reading and
responding to Mr. Dolan's comments, could you please refrain from quoting
him in your posts.

Now this asshole, John Smith, really begins to **** me off. He is a g.d.
controller who would destroy proper newsgroup posting just so he doesn't
have to ever see anything I have written. This goes to the point that I have
made many times before about kill filers: they are not just cowards, but
scoundrels into the bargain. A pox on them and may they rot in Hell.

The only question I have for this supreme asshole who goes by the moniker of
"John Smith" is how did you get to be such a namby-pamby? Were you born that
way or did you have to work at it over the course of your miserable life.

In an attempt to get this forum back on topic and away from politics;

I am still researching which 'bent I plan on buying, (Spring 2005 will be
my purchase date) What Bike computer does everybody use, and what do you
like/dislike about it?

What a ****ed up stupid question! This moron would be a hundred times better
off reading me even when I am off topic than asking the dumbest question
ever asked on this group about ****ing stupid bike computers. There are
literally hundreds of bike computers on the market and one is about as good
or bad as another. But I know there will be all kinds of helpful numskulls
here who will be delighted to take on this most stupid question ever asked
on ARBR.

John Smith, put on the dunce cap and go sit in the corner of the room facing
the wall for being the dumbest ****er who has yet posted to this group. That
is no small accomplishment since you have had fierce competition for that
honor over the years.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 18th 04, 05:04 AM
Slugger

Why?
They need to be educated.
Our resident troll needs a fresh, youthful view on life as his is old
and crusty. He throws out his preposterous, old school comments in
hopes of trading them in for new ones. While it's a hard pill for the
troll to swallow he is still a keen learner.
Old October 18th 04, 06:10 AM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
Why?
They need to be educated.
Our resident troll needs a fresh, youthful view on life as his is old
and crusty. He throws out his preposterous, old school comments in
hopes of trading them in for new ones. While it's a hard pill for the
troll to swallow he is still a keen learner.

Slugger should think about doing nothing but emails instead of bothering the
rest of us on Usenet. He not only top posts, a major sin in itself, but he
does not even include a hint of anything at all of what he might be
referring to. Therefore, no one knows what he is talking about except
possibly himself.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 18th 04, 09:50 AM
Slugger

I don't top post and the subject heading is enough information for a
response. I didn't include any of your post for a reason, dumbass.
Old October 18th 04, 10:29 AM
Edward Dolan

"Slugger" wrote in message
I don't top post and the subject heading is enough information for a
response. I didn't include any of your post for a reason, dumbass.

You do nothing but top post and the subject heading is never enough to
inform a reader of what the post is about. You are the dumbass, not me. But
more importantly, you have no consideration for your readers. You are not
worthy of Usenet.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old October 19th 04, 12:46 AM
paul johnson

John Smith wrote in :

BUT, it seems like a lot of people here are unable to stop feeding the
trolls. So I end up reading most of Eds post because the people that
are replying to him include his comments in their reply.

Have your newsreader filter on the References: header. I kill every
article that has prairiewave.com in that header (or the From: header) and
this newsgroup is so much more enjoyable. :-)

Old October 19th 04, 01:45 AM
Mike Vermeulen

Have your newsreader filter on the References: header. I kill every
article that has prairiewave.com in that header (or the From: header) and
this newsgroup is so much more enjoyable. :-)

Cool. Looks like I'll have to try using xnews since Agent doesn't let
me filter on that field.

I am still researching which 'bent I plan on buying, (Spring 2005 will
be my purchase date) What Bike computer does everybody use, and what do
you like/dislike about it?

I have a "Sigma Sport BC800. It is pretty basic but has the functions
I use: trip odometer, total odometer, maximum speed and a clock.

--mev, Mike Vermeulen
Old October 19th 04, 04:58 AM
John Smith

Have your newsreader filter on the References: header. I kill every
article that has prairiewave.com in that header (or the From: header) and
this newsgroup is so much more enjoyable. :-)

Excellent advice, I will give that a try too.

I have a "Sigma Sport BC800. It is pretty basic but has the functions
I use: trip odometer, total odometer, maximum speed and a clock.

--mev, Mike Vermeulen

Thanks Mike,

Does it also show your average speed over the last xx minutes?
I have never used a computer, the last time I actually measured my
biking speed was when I was in high school, and I had an analog
speedometer. That was almost 15 years ago. I assume things have
changed a little since then.

Old October 19th 04, 05:26 AM
Mark Leuck

"John Smith" wrote in message
Have your newsreader filter on the References: header. I kill every
article that has prairiewave.com in that header (or the From: header)

and
this newsgroup is so much more enjoyable. :-)

Excellent advice, I will give that a try too.

I have a "Sigma Sport BC800. It is pretty basic but has the functions
I use: trip odometer, total odometer, maximum speed and a clock.

--mev, Mike Vermeulen

Thanks Mike,

Does it also show your average speed over the last xx minutes?
I have never used a computer, the last time I actually measured my
biking speed was when I was in high school, and I had an analog
speedometer. That was almost 15 years ago. I assume things have
changed a little since then.

Quite a bit but I haven't seen anything that will show your average speed
over the last few minutes, might be better to get a GPS for that