Terrorist cyclist using cycle weapon

Old May 14th 11, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Marie

Default Terrorist cyclist using cycle weapon

http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...-man-1.1101374

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.
Old May 14th 11, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On May 14, 3:40*pm, Marie wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno...

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Exactly.
Old May 14th 11, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Squashme" wrote in message
On May 14, 3:40 pm, Marie wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno...

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Crikey, if I reported every time I was "nearly" hit by a car, I'd be down
the nick every day.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old May 14th 11, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 14/05/2011 19:33, Squashme wrote:
On May 14, 3:40 pm, wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno...

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Exactly.

"I was nearly knocked over by a cyclist who chose to ignore both the red
light and the green pedestrian crossing light".

Three traffic offences? Yes I think they would be obliged to take action.

"It was even more interesting because another two cyclists did exactly
the same thing on the other side of the same busy junction".

Shame they couldn't be traced either.
--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.
Old May 14th 11, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 14/05/2011 19:39, Simon Mason wrote:

"Squashme" wrote in message
On May 14, 3:40 pm, Marie wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno...

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Crikey, if I reported every time I was "nearly" hit by a car, I'd be
down the nick every day.

Choose a viable form of transport then. Problem solved.

Old May 15th 11, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On May 14, 3:40 pm, *wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno....

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Exactly.

"I was nearly knocked over by a cyclist who chose to ignore both the red
light and the green pedestrian crossing light".

Three traffic offences? *Yes I think they would be obliged to take action.

Obliged? Who by? You?
Old May 15th 11, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On May 14, 3:40 pm, *wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno....

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Exactly.

"I was nearly knocked over by a cyclist who chose to ignore both the red
light and the green pedestrian crossing light".

Three traffic offences? *Yes I think they would be obliged to take action.

Obliged? Who by? You?- Hide quoted text -

I'd like to see him try and then get done for wasting police time over
accidents that didn't happen.

--
Simon Mason
Old May 15th 11, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On May 14, 3:40 pm, wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno...

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Exactly.

"I was nearly knocked over by a cyclist who chose to ignore both the red
light and the green pedestrian crossing light".

Three traffic offences? Yes I think they would be obliged to take action.

Obliged? Who by? You?

Dangerous cycling, jumping a red light, ignoring a pedestrian crossing?
They would certainly take action against a motorist who committed such
blatent traffic offences.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.
Old May 15th 11, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On May 14, 3:40 pm, wrote:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/commen...was-nearly-kno...

It's a pity that he didn't have a registration plate, then he could be
reported.

Yes, let's imagine the cyclist had a numberplate. He goes through a
red light just missing this Scottish lady. She notes his number from
his plate and goes to the police-station. Can you imagine how
seriously they might take this report of a near-miss?

Exactly.

"I was nearly knocked over by a cyclist who chose to ignore both the red
light and the green pedestrian crossing light".

Three traffic offences? Yes I think they would be obliged to take action.

Obliged? Who by? You?- Hide quoted text -

I'd like to see him try and then get done for wasting police time over
accidents that didn't happen.

Three serious traffic offences? I can see why you are absolutely
terrified of being identified.

--
Dave - Cyclists VOR.