Gotta fine them all

Old July 30th 16, 04:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Gotta fine them all

QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html
Old July 30th 16, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 30-Jul-16 4:53 PM, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html

From bicycling.com
http://www.bicycling.com/culture/new...mon-go-by-bike

"But once I discovered how much better it is to play Pokémon Go by bike,
I immediately mounted a phone case to my handlebars and hammered through
the streets, laying waste to all the unwitting Pokémon in my path."

---

Old July 30th 16, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 30 July 2016 19:43:35 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 30-Jul-16 4:53 PM, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html

From bicycling.com
http://www.bicycling.com/culture/new...mon-go-by-bike

"But once I discovered how much better it is to play Pokémon Go by bike,
I immediately mounted a phone case to my handlebars and hammered through
the streets, laying waste to all the unwitting Pokémon in my path."

Hands free then?
No problem.
Old July 30th 16, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:53:33 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html

Did he cause a crash or did the police make an assumption he was unable to multitask?

And why are the fines the same for that and not wearing a seatbelt? A lack of seatbelt can't make you crash and be more likely to hit someone else.

--
Decafalon (n.): The grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you.
Old July 30th 16, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 16:53:33 +0100, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html

When you consider what a high proportion of drivers get fined, you have to realise that we shouldn't be fining them. It's impossible for the majority to be wrong.

--
Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: "Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself."
Old July 30th 16, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 30/07/2016 19:45, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 30 July 2016 19:43:35 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 30-Jul-16 4:53 PM, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html

From bicycling.com
http://www.bicycling.com/culture/new...mon-go-by-bike

"But once I discovered how much better it is to play Pokémon Go by bike,
I immediately mounted a phone case to my handlebars and hammered through
the streets, laying waste to all the unwitting Pokémon in my path."

Hands free then?
No problem.

And patently attention-free and consideration-free to boot.

Situation normal for most cyclists.

Old July 30th 16, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 30-Jul-16 7:45 PM, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 30 July 2016 19:43:35 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 30-Jul-16 4:53 PM, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:

"A driver has been slapped with a £100 fine for playing Pokemon Go while behind the wheel. Police in Hornsea caught the driver, whose details have not been released, playing the popular smartphone game yesterday.

Humberside Specials, which provides updates of work undertaken by Humberside Police special constables, tweeted: Driver reported in Hornsea, driving using a mobile phone, on PokemonGo. 3 PokePoints/£100 fine #GotaCatchEmAll #6037"

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/horns...ail/story.html

From bicycling.com
http://www.bicycling.com/culture/new...mon-go-by-bike

"But once I discovered how much better it is to play Pokémon Go by bike,
I immediately mounted a phone case to my handlebars and hammered through
the streets, laying waste to all the unwitting Pokémon in my path."

Hands free then?
No problem.

So not looking at the road then.

---

Old July 31st 16, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Saturday, 30 July 2016 23:05:56 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
ands free then?
No problem.

So not looking at the road then.

Ah yes - the classic wriggle as to why drivers can't cope with 20mph limits - constantly having to stare down at their speedo instead of the road ahead.

Old July 31st 16, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 31-Jul-16 2:26 PM, Alycidon wrote:
On Saturday, 30 July 2016 23:05:56 UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
ands free then?
No problem.

So not looking at the road then.

Ah yes - the classic wriggle as to why drivers can't cope with 20mph limits - constantly having to stare down at their speedo instead of the road ahead.

Not heard of that one, but there my speedo is in my line of sight, I
don't have to bend down to see it.

No comment on my OP then, oh yes you edited it out.

---