The modern face of motoring

Old December 23rd 18, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default The modern face of motoring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to wait for others.
This coincides with my own experience.
Old December 23rd 18, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 5:34:06 PM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to wait for others.
This coincides with my own experience.

I have been laughing all day at these saddoes moaning about 1000's of other saddoes moaning about "the traffic". Sheep the lot of them, you would think there was an upcoming famine on the way.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/what...minute-2359556
Old December 23rd 18, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 2018-12-23 18:59, wrote:
On Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 5:34:06 PM UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important
to wait for others. This coincides with my own experience.

I have been laughing all day at these saddoes moaning about 1000's
of other saddoes moaning about "the traffic". Sheep the lot of them,
you would think there was an upcoming famine on the way.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/what...minute-2359556

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.
Old December 24th 18, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 23/12/2018 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to
wait for others. This coincides with my own experience.

Strange how many dash cam users are willing to show the world how poor
their own driving is.

Old December 24th 18, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

On 24/12/2018 08:49, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/12/2018 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to
wait for others. This coincides with my own experience.

Strange how many dash cam users are willing to show the world how poor
their own driving is.

Those videos could usefully display speed - strikes me a number of those
near misses happened at least in part because the cam-car was going too
fast.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 24th 18, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 24/12/2018 10:25, RJH wrote:
On 24/12/2018 08:49, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/12/2018 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to
wait for others. This coincides with my own experience.

Strange how many dash cam users are willing to show the world how poor
their own driving is.

Those videos could usefully display speed - strikes me a number of those
near misses happened at least in part because the cam-car was going too
fast.

Most of them seem to be unable to anticipate and are late starting to
slow down. Then take up valuable workload capacity by using the horn.
Old December 24th 18, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RJH[_2_]

On 24/12/2018 12:20, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/12/2018 10:25, RJH wrote:
On 24/12/2018 08:49, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/12/2018 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to
wait for others. This coincides with my own experience.

Strange how many dash cam users are willing to show the world how
poor their own driving is.

Those videos could usefully display speed - strikes me a number of
those near misses happened at least in part because the cam-car was
going too fast.

Most of them seem to be unable to anticipate and are late starting to
slow down. Then take up valuable workload capacity by using the horn.

Indeed - wouldn't surprise me at all if some actually speed up for the
camera.

--
Cheers, Rob
Old December 26th 18, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 12:20:17 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 24/12/2018 10:25, RJH wrote:
On 24/12/2018 08:49, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/12/2018 17:34, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLJB_RMkgMA&t=131s

Most of these clips are motorists thinking they are too important to
wait for others. This coincides with my own experience.

Strange how many dash cam users are willing to show the world how poor
their own driving is.

Those videos could usefully display speed - strikes me a number of those
near misses happened at least in part because the cam-car was going too
fast.

Most of them seem to be unable to anticipate and are late starting to
slow down. Then take up valuable workload capacity by using the horn.

A lot of these dash cammers are drama queens, especially motorcyclists. They see a developing hazardous situation and only take action at the last second just to get one on tape for Youtube.
Old December 27th 18, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 24/12/2018 10:25, RJH wrote:
[...]

Less than 10% of these clips show a hazardous situation...

Not Quite Canal Motoring Bret Cahill UK 0 February 8th 16 04:37 AM
NG to be renamed uk.rec.motoring Tarcap UK 6 August 20th 15 10:28 AM
The motoring lobby Brian Robertson UK 93 March 24th 09 10:38 AM
the future of motoring thrawn UK 2 September 1st 06 11:00 PM
Face to face: Trike vs. standard bike on expedition [email protected] Recumbent Biking 19 November 26th 05 10:10 PM