More driver wriggling

Old September 1st 11, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default More driver wriggling

The old "looking after cattle" wriggle.
Good to see him on a suitable form of transport now though.
Were any secret handshakes involved?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-his-cattle.do

--
Simon Masom
Old September 1st 11, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 01/09/2011 08:45, Simon Mason wrote:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23982344-top-judges-six-month-driving-ban-is-cut-so-he-can-look-after-his-cattle.do

The old "looking after cattle" wriggle.

Oh yes... totting-up disqualified drivers are *always* pulling the old
"looking after cattle" wriggle, aren't they?

City traders, self-employed plumbers, local authority care assistants,
teachers, civil servants, social workers...

....so many of them pull the old "looking after cattle" wriggle to get their
ban shortened.

Are you a Frank Sinatra fan?

Old September 1st 11, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

This one from Oz is a classic.

And the ban is more of a deterrent as well.

"A MAN who had been banned from driving until 2019 has been handed a
further two-year disqualification after he was found to be drink
driving earlier this year. Robert Andrew Bolding, 34, of Northbridge,
was charged with driving while disqualified and mid-range drink
driving after being stopped by police on April 25. Police had earlier
received reports of Bolding’s red Mazda RX3 doing burnouts in the
carpark, according to statements tendered in Downing Centre Local
Court today.

The 34-year-old had already been banned from the roads until 2019
after numerous convictions for driving while disqualified, suspended
or in a manner dangerous to the public. Bolding initially pleaded
guilty to both offences, but later contested the disqualified driving
charge, arguing he held a valid UK driver’s license, which he said
entitled him to drive on local roads despite his lengthy ban.

“I’m a dual citizen of both Australia and the UK ... as a visitor on a
UK passport, you may drive in Australia on a valid UK license,” he
said.

Bolding, who represented himself in court, said he had only returned
to Australia on February 24 after living in the UK, although he
admitted to having rental properties in both countries. But magistrate
Geoffrey Bradd said a person suspended from driving in NSW could not
drive on local roads, regardless of if they held an overseas licence.

ENDS
Cue Windsor Davies gags.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au...er-until-2021/

--
Simon Mason
Old September 1st 11, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

The old "looking after cattle" wriggle.
Good to see him on a suitable form of transport now though.
Were any secret handshakes involved?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-his-cattle.do

Just the application of the law.

I had 11 points, went up to 17 and still kept my license, then went up
to 21 and still kept my license ... Good reasons why, which the judges
in both cases agreed with and allowed me to keep the license.

No secret handshakes, no 'friend of friends' just plain honesty.

The law works in mysterious ways sometimes ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old September 1st 11, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Are all cyclists total selfish *******s?

Old September 2nd 11, 01:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 01/09/2011 21:52, Paul - xxx wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

The old "looking after cattle" wriggle.
Good to see him on a suitable form of transport now though.
Were any secret handshakes involved?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-his-cattle.do

Just the application of the law.

I had 11 points, went up to 17 and still kept my license, then went up
to 21 and still kept my license ... Good reasons why, which the judges
in both cases agreed with and allowed me to keep the license.

No secret handshakes, no 'friend of friends' just plain honesty.

The law works in mysterious ways sometimes ..

You must be total crap as a driver to get that many points. No wonder
you ride a push bike.

University
Old September 2nd 11, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Judith wrote:

Are all cyclists total selfish *******s?

No. HTH.

BugBear
Old September 2nd 11, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

This one caught my eye yesterday.

"A LEARNER driver has been banned from the roads for a year after
“jumping the gun” and bumping another car before sitting his test.
Teenager Steven Corbett drove the Ford Focus car which his family had
recently bought, Hartlepool Magistrates’ Court heard.

The 19-year-old was in Sydenham Road, in Belle Vue, Hartlepool, when
he was involved in a collision with another car, but did not stop to
exchange details with its driver. Prosecuting, Graeme Richardson told
justices that the other driver took down the registration plate and
contacted police following the incident which took place at 4.45pm on
April 5.

Unemployed Corbett, of Kent Avenue, also in Belle Vue, appeared in
court and pleaded guilty to driving while otherwise than in accordance
with a licence, driving without insurance and failing to stop after a
road accident. Mitigating, Adrian Morris said: “This is just a classic
case of immaturity. His family had come to a decision to buy the Ford
Focus, after they found the money to acquire it, with the intention
that Steven Corbett would learn to drive it.

“That would mean getting a provisional licence, using L plates and
getting a course of driving lessons.

“Regretfully he’s jumped the gun and he’s taken the car out and made a
decision to move out into the road without checking the mirrors
properly causing another vehicle to shunt. He’s then panicked and
driven off.”

Chairman of the bench John Glancey banned him from driving for 12
months, fined him £50, ordered him to pay £300 compensation, £40 costs
and a £15 victim surcharge."

http://www.peterleemail.co.uk/news/l...year_1_3729720

--
Simon Mason
Old September 2nd 11, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:24:03 +0100, bugbear
wrote:

Judith wrote:

Are all cyclists total selfish *******s?

No. HTH.

BugBear

--
Hello Bugbear - I love the way that Papermule allow you to abuse the internet in their time.

Are they part of the BP organisation?

Old September 2nd 11, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-top-judges-si...

Just the application of the law.

I had 11 points, went up to 17 and still kept my license, then went up
to 21 and still kept my license ... Good reasons why, which the judges
in both cases agreed with and allowed me to keep the license.

No secret handshakes, no 'friend of friends' just plain honesty.

The law works in mysterious ways sometimes ..

--
Paul - xxx

One guy here has 21 points and still has his licence too.
According to the article, around 90% of drivers get banned for going
over the 12 points though.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/...ving_1_3018349

--
Simon Mason