Wow, what a ride!

Old September 1st 11, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Default Wow, what a ride!

Had a great ride this am, on my wifes bike!

First ride for alo=most a fortnight so I expected to be a bit stiff and
tired, I mean, Jeez, it's an old £89.99 'Universal Ladies' job, though
it works better than expected 'cos I've fettled it properly and got
some 'proper' brakes on it not the plastic ****e it came with .. Had to
raise the seat height somewhat and lower the bars a tad, but not too
bad.

Rode into town on road all the way, lovely morning, no problems, cool,
sunny-ish and no wind, excellent riding. Out of town on a river path
and then on the way back I had the fortune to get the wind behind me,
only a few mph wind, but enough to really boost. So, back onto the
road with traffic now causing slow-moving congestion and had a great
time filtering with the wind still behind me!

Just one of those rides where nothing goes wrong, I was pedalling
easily with fluidity and good cadence, keeping speed up and just
sailing past everything in sight .. cutting to the front at red lights
and getting across on green before the cars did.

If every ride was like this, EVERYONE would ride, it was almost magical
... even on a cheap ****e bike!!

And just home in time to have scrambled eggs with bacon on toast, made
by youngest son ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old September 1st 11, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Sep 1, 9:33*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
[...]

Good stuff. :-)

I might go out to the local 13% hill later on today as I haven't been
up there for a long time and want to see how my fitness levels are
holding up since I "retired" from TTs last year.

I have just polished off the 4th portion of a pan of chilli con carne
I made three days ago - I took it to work in a wide mouthed drinks
bottle. It was very filling.

--
Simon Mason
Old September 1st 11, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Part Timer

On 01/09/2011 09:42, Simon Mason wrote:

I might go out to the local 13% hill later on today as I haven't been
up there for a long time and want to see how my fitness levels are
holding up since I "retired" from TTs last year.

Have you a grid ref for this 13% hill?
Old September 1st 11, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Part Timer

On 01/09/2011 09:33, Paul - xxx wrote:
[...]

Something satisfying in fettling cheap bikes before getting out riding
them. I got the bug in 2003 when I thought I wouldn't buy a new bike but
invest in tools instead.

Old September 1st 11, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Sep 1, 9:33*am, "Paul - xxx" wrote:

Rode into town on road all the way, lovely morning, no problems, cool,
sunny-ish and no wind, excellent riding. *Out of town on a river path
and then on the way back I had the fortune to get the wind behind me,
only a few mph wind, but enough to really boost. *So, back onto the
road with traffic now causing slow-moving congestion and had a great
time filtering with the wind still behind me!

The weekend is looking really good as well - sadly I will be working,
but might take the long way home.
Gotta enjoy every last scrap of warm weather now - it is only going to
get cooler from now on.

--
Simon Mason
Old September 1st 11, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Paul - xxx" wrote in message
[...]

Did you enjoy yourself by any chance? ;-)

Old September 1st 11, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 14:18:58 +0100, "Mr. Benn" wrote:

snip

Did you enjoy yourself by any chance? ;-)

I suspect that he "enjoys" himself on a regular basis

Old September 1st 11, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 01/09/2011 17:45, Judith wrote:

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 14:18:58 +0100, "Mr. wrote:

snip

Did you enjoy yourself by any chance? ;-)

I suspect that he "enjoys" himself on a regular basis

Society hostess: "Are you enjoying yourself, Mr Shaw?"

GBS: "Yes, and it's all I *am* enjoying."
Old September 1st 11, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

[...]

No, they wouldn't. The vast majority have more sense.

University
Old September 2nd 11, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Judith wrote:
On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 14:18:58 +0100, "Mr. wrote:

snip

Did you enjoy yourself by any chance? ;-)

I suspect that he "enjoys" himself on a regular basis

Whereas you give every impression of being completely joyless,
and bitterly resenting any joy in others.

BugBear