Is Chapel/Church st where all the usless drivers go?

Old September 11th 04, 02:45 AM
Torgo

Default Is Chapel/Church st where all the usless drivers go?

Out on a nice long ride yesterday out to se the folks, had to go throug
chapel st to run an errond or two when the first moron opened his doo
into me with his watch where your going type look. He copped
mouthfull of abbuse and a jolly bush oyster on his windscreen. The
not 2 minuites later moron 2 opens the door of his nice shiny old mer
coupe adn was nicely questioned by me about this , he mumbled som
response so i decided to tell him that masterbations is not exercs
enough for his fat arse and ran a cleat down the side of his door
I know its over the top but having many a motorcycle accident this wa
it ****es me of to no extent that the majority of drivers dont see o
dont care about anything on 2 wheels, hell even if i was wearing
chrismas tree all flashisng and **** they would still say "oh sorr
mate didnt even see you

on that topic in the city the other night on the motorcycle som
stupid cow in a red holden panel van (new one) decided to turn in to m
then started to abuse me for being there i now have her mirror in m
collection of road kill

--
Torgo

Old September 11th 04, 04:13 AM
DaveB

Torgo wrote:
hell even if i was wearing a
chrismas tree all flashisng and **** they would still say "oh sorry
mate didnt even see you"

For me, unless there are freak weather conditions or you're ridign at
night without lights, "sorry I didn't see you" generally means:
a) I have defective eye sight and shouldn't be driving
b) I didn't see you because my ability to move my head and look is impaired
or c) I just don't care but need an excuse so you won't kick in my doors

DaveB

Old September 11th 04, 05:22 AM
ProfTournesol

Torgo Wrote:
[...]

not ALL the bad drivers are in Chapel Street, just some of them
Unfortunately they are also in many other streets. Running your clea
down his door is hardly going to make him more bicycle friendly though

My standard response to "sorry I didn't see you" is along the lines o
"that's right, you didn't see me, think about why not or next tim
you'll be explaining it to the Coroner"

--
ProfTournesol

Old September 11th 04, 06:36 AM

"Torgo" == Torgo writes:

Torgo ...[h]e copped a mouthfull of abbuse and a jolly bush oyster
Torgo on his windscreen.

Oh wonderful. And what exactly did that achieve? Think he's going to
be any more vigilant for cyclists in the future? After what you did
he'll probably /aim/ for them.

Torgo ...so i decided to tell him that masterbations is not exercse
Torgo enough for his fat arse and ran a cleat down the side of his
Torgo door.

A master stroke. So now this motorist reckons that cyclists are
vandals. Well done indeed.

Torgo I know its over the top but having many a motorcycle accident
Torgo this way it ****es me of to no extent that the majority of
Torgo drivers dont see or dont care about anything on 2 wheels,
Torgo hell even if i was wearing a chrismas tree all flashisng and
Torgo **** they would still say "oh sorry mate didnt even see you"

Damned right it's over the top. Your actions are also criminal. Look
to your own actions before you dare to criticize others.

Behave irresponsibly and you generally get irresponsible treatment meted
out to you. Grow a little bit of tolerance, road awareness and get thee
down to an anger management course for good measure.

Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I cycle 250 odd km a week with nary a
problem because I'm blessed. Or maybe because I look out for myself and
co-operate with motorists instead of treating them like the enemy.
--
Cheers
Euan
Old September 11th 04, 07:14 AM
@(none)

wrote:

[...]

don't ride in chapel st do you? Try it.. its an eye opener.
Old September 11th 04, 01:33 PM

"dave" == dave @ writes:

dave don't ride in chapel st do you? Try it.. its an eye opener.

Guess again.
--
Cheers
Euan
Old September 11th 04, 09:38 PM
DJ

wrote in message news
"dave" == dave @ writes:

dave don't ride in chapel st do you? Try it.. its an eye opener.

Guess again.
--
Cheers
Euan

Euan,

I'm not sure which area or city he was actually referring to whether it was
Sydney Melbourne or wherever but if the place is as bad as Torgo says it
is, surely there could either be an alternative route or he just has to be a
little more aware of his surroundings......it's well within his best
interests really!!
There are sooo many Chapel Streets in Sydney.

Regards
DJ

Old September 11th 04, 11:00 PM
DRS

"DJ" wrote in message

wrote in message
news
"dave" == dave @ writes:

dave don't ride in chapel st do you? Try it.. its an eye opener.

Guess again.

I'm not sure which area or city he was actually referring to whether
it was Sydney Melbourne or wherever but if the place is as bad as
Torgo says it is, surely there could either be an alternative route
or he just has to be a little more aware of his
surroundings......it's well within his best interests really!!
There are sooo many Chapel Streets in Sydney.

The Chapel St in question is one of the busiest shopping strips in
Melbourne, especially the section between Windsor and Sth Yarra. I live in
the general area and ride down Chapel St a lot. The sheer volume of traffic
means there's bound to be some morons. Every so often I notice one on two
wheels.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old September 12th 04, 01:15 AM

"DJ" == DJ writes:

DJ I'm not sure which area or city he was actually referring to
DJ whether it was Sydney Melbourne

Melbourne.

DJ ...is as bad as Torgo says it is, surely there could either be
DJ an alternative route or he just has to be a little more aware of
DJ his surroundings......it's well within his best interests
DJ really!!

Precisely. I generally only cycle down Chapel Street when I'm going to
the market or some such. Between Highett and the City there are far
more pleasant and safer routes.

When I do cycle down Chapel Street though, I cycle at a reduced speed
and watch out for everything. Sure the law may say that I can barrel
along at up to 50 km/h but the road conditions don't allow for it so I
don't.

Just as there are motorists who think it's their god given right to
travel at the speed limit regardless of the conditions of the road,
there are cyclists who think the same. If these motorists and cyclists
slowed down and paid more attention, they'd not only live longer, they'd
be under a lot less stress to boot.
--
Cheers
Euan

Old September 12th 04, 02:17 AM
DRS

wrote in message

[...]

Just as there are motorists who think it's their god given right to
travel at the speed limit regardless of the conditions of the road,
there are cyclists who think the same. If these motorists and
cyclists slowed down and paid more attention, they'd not only live
longer, they'd be under a lot less stress to boot.

Speed is rarely an issue on Chapel St.

--

A: Top-posters.