My profile from the Vietnam/Cambodia trip

Old July 9th 04, 10:21 AM
GizmoDuck

Default My profile from the Vietnam/Cambodia trip

They profiled me on the OXFAM Australia website
http://tinyurl.com/2k84t

I would encourage some of you Aussie/Kiwi/UK riders to give the OXFAM
challenges a go- it really is a worthwhile experience. Not only are you
raising money for charity- you get to experience a unicycle tour like no
other. There's not been many unitours through some of these developing
countries, so most of them have never seen a unicycle- you 'll get the
most amazing reactions! I rate it as the best thing I've ever done
(aside from learning to unicycle)!

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - Spin Doctor K

o-kO

"Give man dead fish, and he feed himself for lunch, teach man to catch
fish, and he feed himself for life. Teach man to wheel ride, and he
make friends everywhere, anywhere, and even have lunch at their
place."

Old Chinese saying

Old July 9th 04, 08:15 PM
danger_uni

Great profile.

They mentioned you rode your uni on the Annapurna circuit. How was
that?

Kris

--
danger_uni - Kris Holm
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

Old July 10th 04, 02:53 AM
GizmoDuck

Thanks Kris!

You and Nathan were my inspiration when I decided to travel with my MUni
back in 2002. (I think UNIZABA was still being put together, but I saw
the trailer). I spent about 6 weeks in Nepal, 5 weeks in the UK and
then about a month in Iceland.

I didn't have much time to do the whole Annapurna Circuit- I just did a
little bit of it. It was really awesome- quite difficult to ride.
There was a lot of carrying up some very steep, rocky steps. I think
the unicycle was a much better alternative to a MTB because of all this
carrying. The bits that were rideable was pretty awesome though.
Unfortunately I fell down a bank at the end of my Unitrek and broke my
ankle. Not a particularly technical section, just landed on my ankle
and twisted it funny- could have happened anywhere.

I loved riding around Kathmandu- it's such a cool place. On the streets
I was weaving in and out of of tuk tuks, cows, chickens, buses,
rickshaws, bicycles filled with enormous cartloads of eggs/etc, little
old men carrying furniture on their heads- it was fun!
'My Nepal photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albun15)

I felt a bit bummed that I couldn't ride down some of the Icelandic
volcanoes because my leg was just out of plaster and non-weighbearing.
I did manage to unicycle in the Reykjavik marathon right at the end of
my trip though. And I introduced some Icelanders at the Icelandic MTB
club to the sport of MUNi. Iceland would be an ideal place for MUni
adventures or a Unicycle Tour- it's beautiful.
'Iceland photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albun26)

And yeah, my Cambodia cycle tour was my latest Adventure Unicycle
trip.
'Vietnam/Cambodia photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuv31)

Ken

p/s- I reckon you should do a trip to Cambodia sometime Kris- I can
imagine you doing some pretty amazing stuff on the Angkor temple ruins.