Olympic Road Race On

Old August 9th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Olympic Road Race On

I never thought I'd miss Phil Leggitt's and Bob Roll's commentary.

Damn, I love when I'm right!

Old August 9th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"Anton Berlin" wrote in message
I never thought I'd miss Phil Leggitt's and Bob Roll's commentary.

I don't know what even Phil & Paul could be talking about right now. The
pack is "racing" Giro-style, 23k/hour, while the two guys in front are
getting, what, 1 minute every 4 on them? Now would be a good time to be
doing rider features.

And here I was, bent that I couldn't get out of the shop in time to see the
start.

Some funny stuff though, like when Bettini was hanging onto his team car and
some german dude was drafting him. I missed it, but my kids said Bettini
whacked him on the butt when he went by.

For those in the US who haven't figured it out, the feed is on
www.nbcolympics.com

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old August 9th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
For those in the US who haven't figured it out, the feed is on
www.nbcolympics.com

Yuck! That's thick air!
Anyone found any online audio commentary to go with the video?

DR
Old August 9th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_2_]

Anton Berlin wrote:
I never thought I'd miss Phil Leggitt's and Bob Roll's commentary.

Damn, I love when I'm right!

The haze, especially from the helicopter shots, is striking.

Bob Schwartz
Old August 9th 08, 06:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
For those in the US who haven't figured it out, the feed is on
www.nbcolympics.com

Yow! When before have you ever seen road level coverage that did not
break up when the peloton rode throught a LONG tunnel. This is
impressive!
DR
Old August 9th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"DirtRoadie" wrote in message
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
For those in the US who haven't figured it out, the feed is on
www.nbcolympics.com

Yow! When before have you ever seen road level coverage that did not
break up when the peloton rode throught a LONG tunnel. This is
impressive!
DR

Prior to this, I don't think anyone felt it was safe enough to demonstrate
the RF conductiveness of high-level smog.

Old August 9th 08, 07:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike G[_3_]

In article
,
DirtRoadie wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
For those in the US who haven't figured it out, the feed is on
www.nbcolympics.com

Yow! When before have you ever seen road level coverage that did not
break up when the peloton rode throught a LONG tunnel. This is
impressive!
DR

Microwave antenna blasting down the tunnel at the end.

Is there a play-by-play to go along with the video? I feel like I'm a
moto-ref with only the engine to keep me company...

Mike G.
-
Old August 9th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Mike G wrote:

Is there a play-by-play to go along with the video? I feel like I'm a
moto-ref with only the engine to keep me company...

Yup.
http://live.cyclingnews.com/?id=latest

Anyone find any audio?

DR
Old August 9th 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Aug 9, 1:16*am, DirtRoadie wrote:
Mike G wrote:
Is there a play-by-play to go along with the video? I feel like I'm a
moto-ref with only the engine to keep me company...

Yup.http://live.cyclingnews.com/?id=latest

Anyone find any audio?

DR

there is written commentary if you upgrade the player. I am going to
support GE for doing this bike race by buying a case of their sylvania
light bulbs. Thanks GE!!!
Old August 9th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Mike G wrote:

Is there a play-by-play to go along with the video? I feel like I'm a
moto-ref with only the engine to keep me company...

Yup.
http://live.cyclingnews.com/?id=latest

Anyone find any audio?

Not yet. Would love to find something.

Olympic road race Claude Racing 3 August 1st 08 03:46 AM
Hardest ever Olympic road race in 2008? Artoi Racing 22 August 22nd 07 07:44 PM
Olympic Men's Road Race picks crit pro Racing 61 August 15th 04 06:11 PM
Olympic Women's Road Race picks [email protected] Racing 20 August 15th 04 10:58 AM
Olympic Road Race DJ Australia 4 August 14th 04 01:37 PM