Are handlebars worth it?

Old November 18th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchickenIV

Default Are handlebars worth it?

Short answer: It is comfortable. It is much nicer to put hands on
handles than having them dangling at your sides.

--
goldenchickenIV
Old November 18th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Axi

Like everybody have said. Handlebars are allmighty.

--
Axi
Old November 18th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Spudman;1132862 wrote:
I'm not sure how the Coker handle compares to the T7 though.

I am, but my opinion may not be the same as someone else's. For me, the
T7's neutral height keeps it from being very useful. A higher handle
would be useful to pull on for climbing, while a lower handle would
allow you to lean some weight on it. But whenever I've ridden with a T7
I've just kind of had my hands there, but I can't really lean on it.
Still, I'd rather have one of those than no handle at all, without a
doubt.

The Coker handle doesn't bother my legs except at the front, where the
bar ends are. I rode with one in a position where my knees were touching
it, and I got used to it, but it would probably be too wide for a lot of
people I don't think they intended it for the bar ends to overlap your
legs. The two main bars are not very wide, and were never an issue for
me. The adjustability of the Coker handle makes it infinitely more
useful, to me, as you can set it to fit your own particular riding
style. And you can change it later as your style develops.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old November 18th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

In addition to what everyone else says (Unless I've missed it somewhere
in one of the posts), it is also very handy for mounting stuff like
lights, cycle computer, gps, bell, brake handle and water bottle. Any
of which will help with distance riding.

Plus, if you are touring, it is convenient for tying stuff to as well.

STM

Edit: Just read this post; http://tinyurl.com/5oqkck and can see
another obvious benefit

--
semach.the.monkey
Old November 18th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

I tried a T-7 handle on my 29er and my Coker. It caused me problems with
mounting and it made me go too fast so I took it off.

It's collecting dust now.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire
Old November 19th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
osmundo

Hey, i'm the lone negative apparently. I do have the KH muni handle,
but that isn't much of a handle, really. I ride a lot of distance, a
couple of centuries and many, many 50+ mile rides. I have a schlumpf
and I ride 20 mph regularly. I do hold the small handle with both hands
to stablize and aid in steering, but I don't like the bulk or the weight
of a larger handle. I like having the same handle set-up as my muni and
I am convinced that my coker climbing skills, (speed and endurance) have
improved my off-road climbing skills. Plus I think the no handle look
is cooler, but that's just me.

|Filename: P1000450.jpg |

osmundo
Old November 19th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

osmundo;1133449 wrote:
Hey, i'm the lone negative apparently. I think the no handle look is
cooler, but that's just me.

Yeah, but you're just a tiny little kid...what do you know?

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...
Old November 19th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
redwelly

Wheel Rider;1133209 wrote:
I tried a T-7 handle ... it made me go too fast so I took it off.

What's 'too fast'?

Seriously, I find it makes riding fast much more stable, better
posture, good for mounting brake lever/computer to... all the usual
reasons.

Sam

--
redwelly

'*Unicycle.com*'
(http://www.unicycle.com)
Old November 19th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

redwelly;1133684 wrote:
What's 'too fast'?
Sam

Faster than I could run if I UPD'd.

I have no interest in plowing ground with my face if I UPD off the
front then cannot catch myself.

Old November 20th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scott ttocs

tomblackwood;1133605 wrote:
Yeah, but you're just a tiny little kid...what do you know?

I am surprised that you can even reach the pedals!
I admire your determination.

--
scott ttocs

handlebars Zebee Johnstone Australia 1 October 30th 07 10:17 AM
handlebars Zebee Johnstone Australia 0 October 20th 06 08:38 PM
OS vs. 26.0mm handlebars? damyth Techniques 21 August 26th 06 09:09 PM
WTB: 44 cm handlebars Daniel Mendoza Marketplace 0 November 9th 04 05:18 PM
Ban Handlebars Tony Raven UK 6 February 7th 04 02:11 PM