Zabel

Old July 25th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Default Zabel

Another Tour come and gone, and he's been almost
invisible. He won't win on Sunday either.

If that's the way he's going to be he should stop
showing up. He should stay home and watch videos
from when he mattered.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 25th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 25, 10:44*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Another Tour come and gone, and he's been almost
invisible. He won't win on Sunday either.

If that's the way he's going to be he should stop
showing up. He should stay home and watch videos
from when he mattered.

Bob Schwartz

Cyclingnews:

Sprints
Chantelle - 102.5 km
1 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 6 pts
2 Jérémy Roy (Fra) Française des Jeux 4
3 Erik Zabel (Ger) Team
Milram 2

Points classification
1 Oscar Freire Gomez (Spa) Rabobank 244 pts
2 Erik Zabel (Ger) Team Milram 202

Today's finish:

1 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone 3.37.09
(45.73 km/h)
2 Jérémy Roy (Fra) Française des Jeux
3 Gerald Ciolek (Ger) Team Columbia 1.13
4 Erik Zabel (Ger) Team Milram
5 Heinrich Haussler (Ger) Gerolsteiner
6 Leonardo Duque (Col) Cofidis - Le Crédit par Téléphone
7 Filippo Pozzato (Ita) Liquigas
8 Thor Hushovd (Nor) Crédit Agricole
9 Robert Förster (Ger) Gerolsteiner
10 Julian Dean (NZl) Team Garmin-Chipotle p/b H30
11 Oscar Freire Gomez (Spa) Rabobank

(just to show a few names he finished in front of)

Pretty visible there.

Stage 2, 5th

Stage 3, 6th, 2nd in field sprint to MeEwen.

And so forth. Generally, often, up near the front for the field
sprint.

What's the real problem here? Just curious. --D-y

Old July 25th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Jul 25, 9:44*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Another Tour come and gone, and he's been almost
invisible. He won't win on Sunday either.

If that's the way he's going to be he should stop
showing up. He should stay home and watch videos
from when he mattered.

Bob Schwartz

If Zabel's results are indicative of him no longer mattering, then
what does that say about you? Do you matter? Have you EVER
mattered?

Since you don't matter, please stay home and don't show up here
anymore.
Old July 25th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
nobody

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:48:36 -0700 (PDT), Scott
wrote:

On Jul 25, 9:44*am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Another Tour come and gone, and he's been almost
invisible. He won't win on Sunday either.

If that's the way he's going to be he should stop
showing up. He should stay home and watch videos
from when he mattered.

Bob Schwartz

If Zabel's results are indicative of him no longer mattering, then
what does that say about you? Do you matter? Have you EVER
mattered?

Since you don't matter, please stay home and don't show up here
anymore.

Surely this isn't Robert J Schwartz, who does know what a bike looks
like. If so, maybe he had a closed head injury?

Zabel has many fans even if he has a bunch of second places. He does a
lot with less due to his savvy and placement. Plus he starred in a
famous cycling movie

Old July 25th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Scott wrote:
On Jul 25, 9:44 am, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Another Tour come and gone, and he's been almost
invisible. He won't win on Sunday either.

If that's the way he's going to be he should stop
showing up. He should stay home and watch videos
from when he mattered.

Bob Schwartz

If Zabel's results are indicative of him no longer mattering, then
what does that say about you? Do you matter? Have you EVER
mattered?

Since you don't matter, please stay home and don't show up here
anymore.

Dumbass,

I have never mattered. I have never been under the
impression that I have what it takes to be a Tour
sprinter.

Currently, that is a level of self awareness that
Zabel is missing.

Bob Schwartz

PS Maybe we need something analogous to the Senior
PGA Tour for you guys.
Old July 25th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 25, 5:44 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
Another Tour come and gone, and he's been almost
invisible. He won't win on Sunday either.

If that's the way he's going to be he should stop
showing up. He should stay home and watch videos
from when he mattered.

Bob Schwartz

It seems as if Zabel just doesn't feel the sprint as well as he used
to (apart from not being as fast). Both today and on previous stages,
you can see him looking around at 500m waiting for the real sprint to
start when he should just be in there basically knowing what do do
instinctively.

-ilan
Old July 25th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jul 25, 2:39*pm, Bob Schwartz
What's the real problem here? Just curious. * --D-y

Some athletes know when it is time to move on. And by
'move on' I don't necessarily mean retirement. Musseuw
and Ja Ja are examples of guys that were entirely
different kinds of riders in the second half of their
careers than they were at the beginning.

Zabel should move on. People that can do the things he
can do don't waste their time chasing 2nd place in the
points classification. At least, not if they matter.

Why would he want to exit the limelight and get a real job? Real jobs
make people bitter. I'm not saying you're bitter, you sound bitter,
but I'm not saying it.

Old July 25th 08, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:39 pm, Bob Schwartz
What's the real problem here? Just curious. --D-y

Some athletes know when it is time to move on. And by
'move on' I don't necessarily mean retirement. Musseuw
and Ja Ja are examples of guys that were entirely
different kinds of riders in the second half of their
careers than they were at the beginning.

Zabel should move on. People that can do the things he
can do don't waste their time chasing 2nd place in the
points classification. At least, not if they matter.

Why would he want to exit the limelight and get a real job? Real jobs
make people bitter. I'm not saying you're bitter, you sound bitter,
but I'm not saying it.

Dumbass,

- By 'move on' I don't necessarily mean retirement. I mean
a role that fits his current skills.

- Taking 2nds and 3rds in mop up sprints isn't the limelight.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 25th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message

Some athletes know when it is time to move on.

Schwartz the Schwantz.

Zabel Bob Schwartz Racing 22 August 5th 08 03:29 PM
Et tu, Zabel? petulance Australia 8 May 27th 07 07:23 AM
Zabel second Robert Chung Racing 32 September 30th 06 02:41 AM
Would anybody bet against... (Zabel) Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 7 September 3rd 05 01:13 PM
Zabel out for TdF Laz Racing 69 June 18th 05 01:17 PM