cyclist mows down woman and her dog, on a zebra crossing.

Old March 7th 20, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default cyclist mows down woman and her dog, on a zebra crossing.

On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 7:37:40 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:

I can't understand why Simon was cycling at 25 mph in a built-up area

The speed limit was 30mph.
Old March 8th 20, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 21:21 7 Mar 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 7:37:40 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:

I can't understand why Simon was cycling at 25 mph in a built-up area

The speed limit was 30mph.

You were evidently cycling recklessly because you failed to allow enough room
to brake safely for a visible hazard.

You didn't answer my previous question about wearing a helmet, so it can be
assumed you were not.

Similarly, you didn't answer whether the car hit you or you hit the car. It
might be safe to assume you hit the car.

I'm sceptical you were in hospital for only "one hour" for a broken collar
bone. It takes longer than that to wait, be triaged, x-rayed, have the bone
set correctly, apply a sling and finally go through safe discharge procedures
with advice on any pain or anti-inflammatory medications. You appear to be
making up some of this story.

The true account is more likely that you were cycling too fast, didn't stop
when a car moved left, broke your collar bone (and probably banged your
head), got your bike bashed up, had to go to hospital, and ended up on sick
leave for 3 weeks.

It might have been better if you didn't mention this incident at all rather
than attempt to twist the facts into a personal victory.
Old March 8th 20, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 12:26:16 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:

You didn't answer my previous question about wearing a helmet, so it can be
assumed you were not.

Didn't you read this from my previous post, or have you still got memory problems?

QUOTE:
From your lack of reply, you weren't wearing a helmet at the time.

I have never worn a plastic hat for cycling, except at work.
Old March 8th 20, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 17:39 8 Mar 2020, Simon Mason said:

[...]

From your lack of reply, you weren't wearing a helmet at the time.

I have never worn a plastic hat for cycling, except at work.

You did not reply to my quesiton when I asked you before. This is what I
asked and you gave no answer about a helmet.

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=158369509000

You have distorted recollection of some aspects, such as how much time you
spent in hospital. I wonder if you had a brain scan after your accident?
You seem to be confabulating.

Would you kindly answer my question about whether you hit the car of the
car hit you. Please be honest.

Old March 8th 20, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 7:23:08 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:

You did not reply to my quesiton when I asked you before. This is what I
asked and you gave no answer about a helmet.

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=158369509000

I did not see that as it contains material from an entity that is in my killfile, but for the third time - I HAVE NEVER WORN A HELMET FOR CYCLING, EXCEPT AT WORK.

Would you kindly answer my question about whether you hit the car of the
car hit you. Please be honest.

The car struck me on the right hand side as it illegally undertook a moving vehicle nearest to a pelican crossing which is against the law - it also did not indicate. I broke my collarbone as I put out my left hand to protect my head which did not get hit. The driver admitted fault and his insurance paid me £5000 and a new set of wheels.
Old March 8th 20, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 20:09 8 Mar 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 7:23:08 PM UTC, Pamela wrote:

You did not reply to my quesiton when I asked you before. This is what

asked and you gave no answer about a helmet.

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=158369509000

I did not see that as it contains material from an entity that is in my
killfile, but for the third time - I HAVE NEVER WORN A HELMET FOR
CYCLING, EXCEPT AT WORK.

If you don't wear a helmet and came off you bike with enough force to
break a collar bone, then you could have taken a knock to the head and not
realised it.

Would you kindly answer my question about whether you hit the car of
the car hit you. Please be honest.

The car struck me on the right hand side as it illegally undertook a
moving vehicle nearest to a pelican crossing which is against the law -
it also did not indicate. I broke my collarbone as I put out my left
hand to protect my head which did not get hit. The driver admitted fault
and his insurance paid me £5000 and a new set of wheels.

If the driver hit you from behind then it's the driver who would be at
fault. However your bike and car hit one another on the side so you and
he are probably equally to blame. You're lucky the insurer paid up,
probably to avoid a lengthy and fruitless wrangle. I'll ask again, what
did the police report say?

Let this be a lesson to you. Next time you may break more than just your
collar bone. All that's left now is to get checked for brain damage. You
could tell the hospital you have been stating publicly you were there for
only an hour and let them see for their computer the difference with
reality.

I have the feeling the hospital already has you flagged as an unusual
customer on account of your "incurable illness, suicide, death, fatal
infection and drug addiction" (from your book title). They wouldn't be
too surprised if you now add brain damage.